Homestead - Placement not allowed in this area

To sum it up, there are too many places where if you want to place something, you will get the message "Placement not allowed in this area". What's the point of having such a large area if you can't even customize it?

I'm not a big fan of housing stuff in games, but since the feature is there I said I'd give it a go. So first thing I wanted, was to remove the grass and the walls to reshape them into a square shape instead of being round and then to add the grass back. I started from the stable and connected the first stone wall to the stable wooden wall. Then I wanted to add the next wall. And then I see that I can't. "Placement not allowed in this area". Okay, I figured it is close to the road and maybe that's why I can't do it, so i tried to place a wall on the other side. Again, same message, placement not allowed in this area. Tried different wall blocks, tried different positions. Same message. After a while I gave up and wanted to at least put the grass back. PLACEMENT NOT ALLOWED IN THIS AREA. In places where the grass has been previously placed. So then I decided to try and see if I can place any decorations at all, in the exterior area. And, of course "placement not allowed in this area".

So there's such a large area and I'm allowed to remove the walls and the grass but when I want to place them the way I want to, I'm not allowed? Why did you even create this feature then? I already have home instance if I just wanna go there to farm nodes. If you're gonna add a feature like this and allow wall remove and placement, at least make it possible to place them anywhere.

Edit: This seems to be a bug of some sort, because now it works, in the same conditions in which it didn't work before. Now I can place things everywhere and no more placement error.

Edited by Crono.4197
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume that the grass can be placed outside the circle (circle getting bigger) with unlocking the mastery? Though I have only unlocked the first 2 (out of 4) steps and that just unlocked doors in the building. Circle seemed the same.

Would be a huge oversight if they decided to count the grass outside the circle as deco - letting you remove it. But not letting you replace it (at least not outside). I removed everything to have the full area clean and a 0/1000 counter and I would prefer to re-decorate the grass outside again. Could be that it was not intended to manipulate outside? (Then erasing should have been impossible as well + the outside stuff not counting to the x/1000.)

Of course if it is a bug and grass always can be placed anywhere and other (own crafted) stuff is possible to be placed inside ... the circle. That would make sense ... (then I'd love to be able to craft other stuff for outside as well though. Like a small mini light tower for near the water lol.)

Edit: A resetter would be nice. At least for certain stuff. Or to show a greyed out/shadow version of where the original fences were. So I could replace it again if wanted later. Lol.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I assume that the grass can be placed outside the circle (circle getting bigger) with unlocking the mastery? Though I have only unlocked the first 2 (out of 4) steps and that just unlocked doors in the building. Circle seemed the same.

Would be a huge oversight if they decided to count the grass outside the circle as deco - letting you remove it. But not letting you replace it (at least not outside). I removed everything to have the full area clean and a 0/1000 counter and I would prefer to re-decorate the grass outside again. Could be that it was not intended to manipulate outside? (Then erasing should have been impossible as well + the outside stuff not counting to the x/1000.)

Of course if it is a bug and grass always can be placed anywhere and other (own crafted) stuff is possible to be placed inside ... the circle. That would make sense ... (then I'd love to be able to craft other stuff for outside as well though. Like a small mini light tower for near the water lol.)

Edit: A resetter would be nice. At least for certain stuff. Or to show a greyed out/shadow version of where the original fences were. So I could replace it again if wanted later. Lol.

10 hours ago, Crono.4197 said:

To sum it up, there are too many places where if you want to place something, you will get the message "Placement not allowed in this area". What's the point of having such a large area if you can't even customize it?

I'm not a big fan of housing stuff in games, but since the feature is there I said I'd give it a go. So first thing I wanted, was to remove the grass and the walls to reshape them into a square shape instead of being round and then to add the grass back. I started from the stable and connected the first stone wall to the stable wooden wall. Then I wanted to add the next wall. And then I see that I can't. "Placement not allowed in this area". Okay, I figured it is close to the road and maybe that's why I can't do it, so i tried to place a wall on the other side. Again, same message, placement not allowed in this area. Tried different wall blocks, tried different positions. Same message. After a while I gave up and wanted to at least put the grass back. PLACEMENT NOT ALLOWED IN THIS AREA. In places where the grass has been previously placed. So then I decided to try and see if I can place any decorations at all, in the exterior area. And, of course "placement not allowed in this area".

So there's such a large area and I'm allowed to remove the walls and the grass but when I want to place them the way I want to, I'm not allowed? Why did you even create this feature then? I already have home instance if I just wanna go there to farm nodes. If you're gonna add a feature like this and allow wall remove and placement, at least make it possible to place them anywhere.

Edit: This seems to be a bug of some sort, because now it works, in the same conditions in which it didn't work before. Now I can place things everywhere and no more placement error.

Having the exact same issues today.

It must be a bug with the many others atm.

Qincethere are many bugs, it will take a little while that it gets fixed, hopefully next week. I am pretty sure they're aware atm after many posts already

2 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

I removed a fence and it didn't let me put it back in the same place.

This REALLY needs to get fixed.

And we needa way to show the areas where placement is not allowed. Moving stuff blindly until you finally find an angle that works is extremely frustrating.

I think placement everywhere is normal, but atm just bugged...

I ran into this with trying to place stuff outside the stone fence.

Then I leveled up the masteries until the third one (totally forget what it's called, but it's the last one that says it unlocks areas to decorate in). While there's still a room inside the homestead that remains locked, presumably until I finish the fourth mastery, the area outside the stone fence is now open to decoration.

Either that was a bug or working as intended, but if the latter, it certainly could have been clearer just which areas the mastery unlocked.

• Like 1