which line to choose to report a cheat

45 minutes ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

complaints through the game are not considered?

They are, but you will never recieve a reply and can't include any extra info.

I think the advantage of an in-game report is it includes details like the map name, server IP and time stamps so they can more easily match it up with their logs to see what happened, but it doesn't allow you to explain what happened so if you think it might not be obvious what they were doing wrong it's better to send it to customer support through the website so you can explain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

They are, but you will never recieve a reply and can't include any extra info.

I think the advantage of an in-game report is it includes details like the map name, server IP and time stamps so they can more easily match it up with their logs to see what happened, but it doesn't allow you to explain what happened so if you think it might not be obvious what they were doing wrong it's better to send it to customer support through the website so you can explain.

I recently sent them a video of 5 people running around inside textures. They said they would take action but couldn't give me an answer regarding the solution 

• Confused 3

19 hours ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

I recently sent them a video of 5 people running around inside textures. They said they would take action but couldn't give me an answer regarding the solution 

I mean. Why should they tell you? 

If you report a crime in real life to the police, they also won't give an update on the criminals punishment or how the criminal got prosecuted. 

Thats simply no information you are entitled too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I mean. Why should they tell you? 

If you report a crime in real life to the police, they also won't give an update on the criminals punishment or how the criminal got prosecuted. 

Thats simply no information you are entitled too. 

Well, here in the US such things are public record.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, here in the US such things are public record.

Not to familiar with the US system. 

But that would mean you can look up it yourself. While the main idea of their question was them (anet/police) actively going out of their way to tell you. 

Kinda crazy that such information is open to the public. 

But privacy in current year I guess. 

• Like 2