Is there a cap on uncovering kodan caches?

Hi.

Does anyone know if there is a daily cap on uncovering kodan caches? I dug somewhere around 40 today and after that I switched maps many times and I cannot find any more caches. The only one that show up on minimap are those permanent major kodan caches I already opened (which is very annoying BTW).

Interesting question. I would say that there are a set amount of caches placed in random locations each day. But if you switch instances my experience is that they have different locations, which then means you could potentially have many more. So, I would think that there's a limit per day per account, but that's just me thinking out loud.

• Like 1

I got about 50 yesterday and 50 today. I dunno of there is a cap or if the RNG is very weird but occasionally there are no chests whatsoever despite covering a lot of ground... in a map I've not been in. After moving to a new map, this either repeats or I start seeing chests again on somewhat regular intervals.

Overall it felt really weird doing the 100 chest achievement...

• Like 2

Does anyone know the cap on mythical caches? And whether that would be affected by an overall cap. Like if you can get two mythical caches per day, and a hundred total caches per day, and I hit a hundred before I find my second mythical cache would I just be out of luck for the day on mythical caches . . ?

10 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Does anyone know the cap on mythical caches? And whether that would be affected by an overall cap. Like if you can get two mythical caches per day, and a hundred total caches per day, and I hit a hundred before I find my second mythical cache would I just be out of luck for the day on mythical caches . . ?

mythicals are 2 in lowland shore, 1 in janthir. (some people claim 3 in lowland shore, I've not seen 3 on any day since launch and when people tell me there are, they usually tell me where the previous day's one was and got it around reset so I think they just got the old one).

they are the same location in every map instance (at least per region), and the same locations for everyone (same for major caches, the chests you open rather than dig up).

(janthir is almost always around the fourth blood tree poi, and for lowland shore, the uplands and sometimes over near the garden areas seems the best bet, though once it was down by the frogger event).

Edited by Cameirus.8407
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

What do you mean by same location in every instance . . ?

I mean every single map has the same location for the mythical caches that day.

if you /ip a map, find a cache, you can go into any other map (/ip it to see if its a different one to earlier) that day and it will be the same location. (you cant loot it again).

I often get the mythicals in reset, then later on if I'm on the map make a group to share the location with everyone who wants it, but the map instances are different, but the caches are the same place for everyone that day. (and I'll grab the majors later and mark them as well if I have time).

look in LFG, there are often groups like mine showing cache locations you can join and swap map instances to so you can see where they are marked.

Edited by Cameirus.8407
  • Like 1

Okay that's what I thought you meant but what I've seen is I've already got my mythical chest for that day, but then I see a group with a different spot marked. And no, I can't get both spots ; p

That's why I was asking about the cap, I didn't know if there are more of them available than you can loot . . .

On 9/1/2024 at 8:30 PM, Gop.8713 said:

Okay that's what I thought you meant but what I've seen is I've already got my mythical chest for that day, but then I see a group with a different spot marked. And no, I can't get both spots ; p

That's why I was asking about the cap, I didn't know if there are more of them available than you can loot . . .

Yes, I am quoting myself ; p

I thought possibly I was confused before or just misremembering, but I can confirm with certainty that mythical chests appear at dif spots on dif maps. So if they are in the same place on all maps, there has to be more than one location per map . . .

At least in second map, haven't checked first . . .