Guild wars 3

1 minute ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Huge?  I don't think so.

Just now, Azinoth.1902 said:

Then just read the comments on reddit, youtube, and elsewhere. If you think it's completely fine from NC/Anet to put the game into its current state with this PR Leak, I don't know what to tell you.

lol dear god, what a load of drama.  GW2 is not going to shut down for years and years (and thats worst case)  In reality this is scare mongering by drama queens jumping to conclusions, and confirmation bias.  Anet is very likely to follow the same model they followed for GW1 to GW2.   Think on this, games like LOTR still run with a tiny tiny player base. 

GW2 is going nowhere, and if GW3 is better than GW2 then win for us.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

lol dear god, what a load of drama.  GW2 is not going to shut down for years and years (and thats worst case)  In reality this is scare mongering by drama queens jumping to conclusions, and confirmation bias.  Anet is very likely to follow the same model they followed for GW1 to GW2.   Think on this, games like LOTR still run with a tiny tiny player base. 

GW2 is going nowhere, and if GW3 is better than GW2 then win for us.

Well I'm so glad you have a crystal ball to assure us all. I mean 90% of MMOs have been shut down because they failed, but if you say it will be here for years and years that's all the evidence I need. /End sarcasm 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Think on this, games like LOTR still run with a tiny tiny player base.

Having played LotRO not so long ago, I wouldn't call the playerbase tiny tiny; there's players all around, has to be thousands if not a few tens of thousands a day.

And yeah, GW2 is obv not going anywhere. Even if GW3 eventually came out, that's years away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hellsmachine.4085 said:

Well I'm so glad you have a crystal ball to assure us all. I mean 90% of MMOs have been shut down because they failed, but if you say it will be here for years and years that's all the evidence I need. /End sarcasm 

90% hardly (AAA mmorpg).   no-one has a crystal ball, i'm just not wracked with fear.  Anet handled GW1 to GW2 well which is all we know, so why worry, there nothing we can change, and its exciting to know Anet are investing in the future of the product, right?

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 1

I really like GW2. The scenery is beautiful, the stories are engaging, and there's always lots to do. 

I do understand why they might want an update, to make the UI customizable and since some things are limited what they could add (hard to add a new mount, for example, to our current selection tbf, tho mount skins have endless possibilities of course)

But I'm still working on legendaries and roller beetle and story, and so on. While there are always things that could be improved, the current game is great. 

I'd be really sad if the new one lost anything in regards to scenery or animations. The animations in gw2 are amazing--different types of characters and mounts really do look and feel different. There's so much variety, it's easy to find something you really love. 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 3

Guys, what I'm trying to suggest is not that you are right or not. Everyone have their different views or own opinions.
But having the gaming press already talking about the possibility of shutting down GW2 servers is a disaster.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Sadly, I don't think he will abandon his own studio and the development of his own game.  :classic_unsure:

yeah but my feeling tells me that T&L is a fail so NC want to sell the engine to the GW-crowd who buys everything that got "Guild Wars" written on.

If GW3 is a T&L engine game they can shovel it...

O'Brien is the only option for a successful mmo with fluent movement mechanics.

Edited by SlateSloan.3654
  • Confused 2

there's so many exciting options to look forward to:

- Imaging they base it on the home world of the human gods for example.

- new gfx engine allowing more sophisticated models, gearing and skins.

- new professions, new skills

- Housing

- new PVP battlegrounds.

a new Hall of Monuments giving new goals in GW2 with a real end prize

If you live life fearing change then all you end up with is a stagnating game with a stagnating player base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

there's so many exciting options to look forward to:

- Imaging they base it on the home world of the human gods for example.

- new gfx engine allowing more sophisticated models, gearing and skins.

- new professions, new skills

- Housing

- new PVP battlegrounds.

a new Hall of Monuments giving new goals in GW2 with a real end prize

If you live life fearing change then all you end up with is a stagnating game with a stagnating player base.

Most of these can be done in GW2. No need for the new game. You assume that they will get new players.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

Guys, what I'm trying to suggest is not that you are right or not. Everyone have their different views or own opinions.
But having the gaming press already talking about the possibility of shutting down GW2 servers is a disaster.

media are going to media. They know what to say in order to get people triggered, which means more clicks and comments

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:15 AM, Chaos God.1639 said:

to me wow is painful to look at, just because of their outdated engine. gameplay is also outdated, boring and stiff. but addicted players probably don't care about this

it's probably more about how new a computer people can afford, rather than getting foggy-eyed from fondness

I don't typically play new games partly from older model PC and partly as I usually wait for them to be on sale before buying. 

For people that do buy new equipment and new games frequently, GW2 may look more outdated.

But for me the graphics, animations, etc are enjoyable. 

EDIT: hmm, I see you were talking about wow. probably my point might still have some relevance. But yea, wow and EQ still have players it's a fact. 

Edited by willow.8209

24 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

90% hardly (AAA mmorpg).   no-one has a crystal ball, i'm just not wracked with fear.  Anet handled GW1 to GW2 well which is all we know, so why worry, there nothing we can change, and its exciting to know Anet are investing in the future of the product, right?

Warhammer Online, Tera, Aion,  Wildstar, City of Heroes, and many more https://www.giantbomb.com/discontinued-mmo/3015-3661/games/

GW1 can continue without many players because you can use henchmen. The same can not be said for GW2, you need groups for end game content. You've obviously never played a dying MMORPG before, I have. There is a Domino effect, players can't progress without a group, so without other players they end up quitting and the game ends up dying fast. This is already happening with GW2 in oceanic hours it's very hard to find groups now, this wasn't the case when I played 6 months ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, hellsmachine.4085 said:

Warhammer Online, Tera, Aion,  Wildstar, City of Heroes, and many more https://www.giantbomb.com/discontinued-mmo/3015-3661/games/

GW1 can continue without many players because you can use henchmen. The same can not be said for GW2, you need groups for end game content. You've obviously never played a dying MMORPG before, I have. There is a Domino effect, players can't progress without a group, so without other players they end up quitting and the game ends up dying fast. This is already happening with GW2 in oceanic hours it's very hard to find groups now, this wasn't the case when I played 6 months ago.

god suck up the fear and drama lol.   Wildstar failed because it aimed for hardcore raiding,  Warhammer online had many design issues and never succeeded, Tera was pay to win etc etc.  GW1 to GW2 was highly successful, and the point people are panicking so much is because they fear change, or simply enjoy drama.  And i've been playing mmorpg since 2000 thank you very much.

GW2 is getting near to the end if its thriving life, this ALLWAYS happens to games, its natural.  In reality GW2 has probably 5-15 years life in it, and we have GW3 to look forward to.  The alternative? best case we get good expansions every couple years but no real innovating change - more of the same.  I love GW2, but I also loved GW1,  change is exciting.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

god suck up the fear and drama lol.   Wildstar failed because it aimed for hardcore raiding,  Warhammer online had many design issues and never succeeded, Tera was pay to win etc etc.  GW1 to GW2 was highly successful, and the point people are panicking so much is because they fear change, or simply enjoy drama.

No, the people that are negative about GW3 is that we don't want to start over in a new game which we didn't ask for.
Anet needs to satisfy the needs of their major target audience, the veteran GW2 playerbase.
If I wanted to play another MMO, I can already do that in WoW, ESO, or FFXIV, where I already made considerable progress, and know that they aren't going to shut down or replaced by a sequel.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Azinoth.1902 said:

No, the people that are negative about GW3 is that we don't want to start over in a new game which we didn't ask for.
Anet needs to satisfy the needs of their major target audience, the veteran GW2 playerbase.
If I wanted to play another MMO, I can already do that in WoW, ESO, or FFXIV, where I already made considerable progress, and know that they aren't going to shut down or replaced by a sequel.

and GW1 players said the same thing.  People also cry out for new innovative content, and for MMORPG that means a new engine and that massive pre first release invstment that you will NEVER get when a game is in expansion mode at the middle -end of its lifecycle.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

and GW1 players said the same thing.  People also cry out for new innovative content, and for MMORPG that means a new engine and that massive pre first release invstment that you will NEVER get when a game is in expansion mode at the middle -end of its lifecycle.

I understand that, but WoW is running since 2004, and I'm not saying it is as good as it was at its peak years, but they just announced 3 new expansions, and the graphics is massively upgraded since vanilla WoW.
I'm convinced most of the improvements can be achieved without replacing the engine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

I understand that, but WoW is running since 2004, and I'm not saying it is as good as it was at its peak years, but they just announced 3 new expansions, and the graphics is massively upgraded since vanilla WoW.
I'm convinced most of the improvements can be achieved without replacing the engine.

WOW is different because it has millions of subscribers, GW has a much more niche market that does not have that regular income.  As i said earlier there is only so much to buy from the gem store, and no subscription and people build up huge reserves of gold.  GW2 is an amazing game, there is no need to fear GW3. 

I tell you why im excited, have you guys forgotten that amazing first day we got on to the GW2 servers on day 1?  Do you remember the pleasure from retrieving your Hall of Monuments skins?  A well formed AAA mmorpg opening is a very rare thing, and Anet is one of the few companies that can achieve it.  I would also say the idea of a new HOM in GW2 is also super exciting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

yeah but my feeling tells me that T&L is a fail so they want to sell the engine to the GW-crowd who buys everything that got "Guild Wars" written on.

If GW3 is a T&L engine game they can shovel it...

O'Brien is the only option for a successful mmo with fluent movement mechanics.

I'm not sure what T&L has to do with MO's studio or Bird game.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

How I imagine GW3:
Level 1 character in Queensdale or elsewhere, no gold, gray gear. Walking on feet in the next couple of months, and not knowing anything about the world.
People are asking basic questions on map chat.
Massive drop of population after the initial hype.

I'm sorry but this sounds extremely boring to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7