Home Instance Nodes - What is most profitable?

With the introduction of Homesteads, I've been a lot more interested in home nodes but my word, I'm not paying 800 gems per a pack. 

However, should the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_Instance_Node_Pack come back at a decent price, I'd jump on it. (Wink wink nudge nudge Janet)

But it got me thinking, which of the others that are available in game are the most profitable for me to prioritise in the meantime? 

Are there any resources I can use to find out?

Thanks!

I can tell you last year I got two extra garden plots after getting the free one from the achievements, I did the math and those two garden plots will take 6 years to pay for themselves, assuming I gather them every single day and the crop prices stay the same, excludes volatile magic glyph.

That should give you an idea on these, you could do the math for the other ones to see which will pay for itself quicker, but you're still looking at years.

These type of items are only worth it if you get on them early.

• Like 2

https://fast.farming-community.eu/gathering/home-nodes gives breakdown on how quickly they pay off, based on current prices of materials.

Quick answer is most of the LWS nodes pay off fairly quickly, because it just costs 50 gold, and you can convert what you get into unbound/volatile magic, which can then be used to buy trophy crates or ascended trinkets.

• Like 2

I wouldn't get them if your only goal is to harvest and sell. If you want to get the assorted materials/currencies easy, then they may be worthy. So it just depends on your goals.

Last I checked, the cheapest node on the trading post was almost 100g, and it'd pretty much never pay for itself. (Excluding the chili peppers, which was 39g, and was only 5g when I last bought some.)

• Like 2

Ppls who fill their home with nodes usually do so bc they want to share their home with others or just bc they like having all the things. They are not a good way to turn a profit early on. But @Solvar.7953 has your answer, fast is the place to go for these types of questions. They briefly put up a paywall right at JW launch but quickly thought better of it, to the great benefit of the entire community \o/

• Like 1

if you are looking at the nodes only as a way of generating gold... don't even bother... You will never see the gold you sink in back unless you do it daily for several years and I'm talking 5+ years.    The only reason I have a full home is one part OCD and one part wanting to help out my guild mates with the daily farm.   The only reason you should need to get them all is for a sense of accomplishment and for sharing with others.    Gold is the last thing you will see from spending all your coin on them. 

• Like 2

The most profitable approach would be to basically ignore them and just alt-park and join someone else's home instance farm from one of the cap city map chats at reset time.

If you want them for completion or home aesthetics, or if you're just bored and looking for something to blow time and game gold on then go for it.

But as others have mentioned the ROI is long-term, so even with hitting them every single day you won't actually turn a profit on them for a very, very long time.

• Like 2

All the nodes are potentially profitable.

1. can be gathered with either Volatile/bounty glyph + infinite gathering tools for bonus.

2. useful for Astral vault dailies/weeklies.

Nodes such as candy corn can fuel your candy corn cobbler when needed.    Garden Plots following the max gourmet chef unlockables allow you to gathering special plants for 2 Hour utility primer crafting.   There is plenty more nodes with own usefulness.

the list is here

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_instance