All right, show's over

Lonecap.4105

Dead where?

Apparently Harrier's Toss was nerfed in WvW only, which is kind of the biggest offender in PvP, right? If you mean spear on PvP Spellbreaker, then I don't think the Spearmarshal's Support nerf will affect defense spb that much. Spear still retains some nice stuff like Disrupting Throw and evades on F1 and spear 5. I guess it could have been worse, but Spearmarshal nerf could have been a bit smaller. They could start with like 20% nerf instead of 37,5% nerf imo. Also removing unblockable on spear 5 is sad, they should have removed projectile reflect instead, but oh well...

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Dead where?

Apparently Harrier's Toss was nerfed in WvW only, which is kind of the biggest offender in PvP, right? If you mean spear on PvP Spellbreaker, then I don't think the Spearmarshal's Support nerf will affect defense spb that much. Spear still retains some nice stuff like Disrupting Throw and evades on F1 and spear 5. I guess it could have been worse, but Spearmarshal nerf could have been a bit smaller. They could start with like 20% nerf instead of 37,5% nerf imo. Also removing unblockable on spear 5 is sad, they should have removed projectile reflect instead, but oh well...

Well, they mostly focused on nerfing the glass builds that were using spear, rather than the bunker spellbreaker variant. Or at least, that's how the patch notes played out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

Spear is dead, where do I go for a refund, since this was the only reason I bought the expansion?...

this happens every post patch after expansion launch, sorry mate someone should've told you.

• Like 1

Harrier's Toss: Reduced the damage coefficient from 1.2/1.5/1.8 to 1.0/1.25/1.5 based on adrenaline, in WvW only.

Unfortunate, only affects WvW but will likely see this expand to PvP/PvE in time. Likely to try and rein in Spellbreakers for the most part.

Maiming Spear: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in WvW. Reduced the initial hit damage coefficient from 0.9 to 0.8 in WvW only.

Faster AoE attack with a slight reduction in initial hit. Might just end up being a 1:1 tradeoff.

Spearmarshal's Support: This skill now performs an initial attack. This attack must hit a target for the follow-up attacks to occur. Reduced the damage coefficient from 0.4 to 0.25 in PvP and WvW.

Needing the initial hit was likely always going to happen. A lot of cast-and-forget skills like this require the initial hit. The coefficient drop sucks, but it's understandable as this was practically the bread-and-butter OHKO skill for deleting enemies.

Spear Swipe: This skill is no longer unblockable. Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP only. Reduced the cooldown refund on successful evasion from 6 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.

Spear Swipe being an unblockable CC with evade it was always going to get some kind of nerf. 

35 minutes ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

Spear is dead, where do I go for a refund, since this was the only reason I bought the expansion?...

It's not dead, mechanically and damage-wise it's still an awesome weapon to use and was drastically overperforming in WvW/PvP. I agree these nerfs might be a bit aggressive, but there was always going to be some kind of tradeoff given how good the Spear was. It's still going to be taken by a lot of people due to the cc/immob/evades inherent in it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Spearmarshals Support nerf was too much. Either of the two nerfs would have easily been enough or at least make the nerfs pvp only. This skill needed it's dmg in wvw, there is a huge telegraph and it's super easy to dodge. Please reconsider and give the old powerscaling back to it in wvw.

• Like 5

Where are the nerfs to the op Willbender? Where are the nerfs to necro? Warriors and thieves are apparently not allows to be strong in this game. They could either keep the dmg on the spearmarshal support and make this initial hit change or the opposite. With the amount of evades in wvw it is unlikely this skill will hit anyone anymore 😄 Even as it was it was hard to kill many classes and other than that the spear had only f1 for dmg, the rest are not doing anything. Pretty dissapointed with the nerfs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

It's not dead, it's still leagues better than Rifle. 

But this was definitely an overnerf. Spear 4 receiving a double nerf makes no sense to me when you have dumber things like Ranger Warhorn that can literally 100 > 0 people in WvW on a sic'em build. You can't make this up. This feels like Revenant GS nerf all over again. I'm sick of a blanketing nerf due to 1 build's abuse. 

5 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

It's not dead, it's still leagues better than Rifle. 

But this was definitely an overnerf. Spear 4 receiving a double nerf makes no sense to me when you have dumber things like Ranger Warhorn that can literally 100 > 0 people in WvW on a sic'em build. You can't make this up. This feels like Revenant GS nerf all over again. I'm sick of a blanketing nerf due to 1 build's abuse. 

Not forget spear 5 nerf as the unblockable was the second good part of it apart from the evade. The reflect missiles is nothing

• Thanks 1