What to do to decrease latency in gw2

The first question would be, how far are away from the datacenter? As it doesn't matter how fast your internet is, your latency will still be higher, if you wan't to access the game from the other side of the world (afaik your ping would look rather normal for Australia or maybe SEA).

If the issue is bad routing, a VPN or something like exitlag might help, but it's not free of risks (false positive bans).

13 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The first question would be, how far are away from the datacenter? As it doesn't matter how fast your internet is, your latency will still be higher, if you wan't to access the game from the other side of the world (afaik your ping would look rather normal for Australia or maybe SEA).

If the issue is bad routing, a VPN or something like exitlag might help, but it's not free of risks (false positive bans).

Anet datacenter in EU? Few countries away, not login in from sibir or smtg.

Chat I have update, changed dns to 

1 1 1 1 

1 0 0 1 

Got 10 points down in ping, great success

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

My current Internet speeds is https://imgur.com/a/j0WOw85 modem is GT-AXE16000, to what I should upgrade to be able to play wvw without 170 ping and open world without 200 ping?

use exitlag or move to Europe or America 😛
below 200 ping is fine, but you are still limited to easy and medium difficulty specs, if you try playing hectic/hard specs like Engineer or Elementalist.... trust me u gonna feel that 3 digit ping so much.

5 minutes ago, Tofu.1865 said:

use exitlag or move to Europe or America 😛
below 200 ping is fine, but you are still limited to easy and medium difficulty specs, if you try playing hectic/hard specs like Engineer or Elementalist.... trust me u gonna feel that 3 digit ping so much.

I'm in Europe. 

• Confused 1

1. Do not use WiFi
  2. Check if internet security software is interfering with your connection by temporarily disabling it.
  3. If you are already on cabled internet and security software is not the culprit: Congratulations! You did probably did everything within your reach.

Still got latency? Well, then things get hard.

1. If your ISP has bad internet connectivity overall: Switch to a different ISP (Cable/DSL/FTTH)
  2. Move to a location that is closer to the AWS datacenter where GW2 is hosted <- This is the big one and usually the impossible one.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826

Is it 170-200 ping all the time? regardless of the map, time of day or game mode? When I play WvW my ping swings wildly depending on what is happening and how many people are in the map. I can tell when there is a big group nearby even before I see them. When it gets very bad I move to a less crowded map.

As others mentioned, choose an appropriate region to your location, test the latency to other websites to confirm that it is something specific to GW2, also some internet services can experience speed reductions at peak times.

Good luck!