Arenanet, when are you ending that WR desaster?

3 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

WR is clearly better than the previous system. It shouldn’t be stop, it should be further improved. API as my first prio

First I rather get the alliance system so whole guilds can be linked together.
We tried joining an "alliance guild" but half our members failed to get invited before the reshuffle.
So we're currently split in two groups. The alliance system would have prevented this issue.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

We tried joining an "alliance guild" but half our members failed to get invited before the reshuffle.

Yeah a button for guild leaders: Invite all my guilds members to my WvW-guild (given that you have invite rights there) would also a nice improvement in the current status of the WR system.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

WR is clearly better than the previous system. It shouldn’t be stop, it should be further improved. API as my first prio

WR system is not better at all. Reason is simple, we are still on the systeam where in each matchup when finnish it is one up/one down. This means Anet only have use of their tools for 1 week out of 4 at re-shuffle. After that first week it is one up/one down and Anet have no power over this and why ballance can never be reached.

To make this work they either have to add alliances where they decide everything with their tools, or swap back to servers where players have power over the matchups by being able to move. As it is now the ballance is worse then it ever have been and it can never be different as long as none of the above happens.

Mind though if we go back to servers i would like to see a change where movements will be open the week before re-shuffle where noone really knows who they will be paired with and anyone wanting to move then can do that instead of how it was before where large groups can move on the evening when relink happen. That created imballance and should never been a thing. . 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

WR system is not better at all. Reason is simple, we are still on the systeam where in each matchup when finnish it is one up/one down. This means Anet only have use of their tools for 1 week out of 4 at re-shuffle. After that first week it is one up/one down and Anet have no power over this and why ballance can never be reached.

Nonsense, neither does the argument work (the team-build is what is controlled, not the placement in tiers, I guess that is after relink as it was before: complete random), nor does it match practical experience. We started this period in T4, we had a close match decided on friday, we went to T3 and had a close match decided only on friday, now we are in T2 and again have a close match still undecided. The teams in the different tiers seem to be closer together as they ever were. Also The KD is much less extrem than it was with server-links.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

First I rather get the alliance system so whole guilds can be linked together.
So we're currently split in two groups. The alliance system would have prevented this issue.

Guilds can only have so many sent invites at a time. If they didn't accept right away that's their issue. We did ours during a rally when the majority were online.

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

WR system is not better at all. Reason is simple, we are still on the systeam where in each matchup when finnish it is one up/one down.

Problem statement: WR is not better because of tier movement.

Possible solution: Change how tiers work, maybe use some kind of glicko ranking again so teams can move more than 1 tier per week

Typical forum solution: DELETE EVERYTHING 💣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Nonsense, neither does the argument work (the team-build is what is controlled, not the placement in tiers, I guess that is after relink as it was before: complete random), nor does it match practical experience. We started this period in T4, we had a close match decided on friday, we went to T3 and had a close match decided only on friday, now we are in T2 and again have a close match still undecided. The teams in the different tiers seem to be closer together as they ever were. Also The KD is much less extrem than it was with server-links.

I am sorry dude but you are wrong. It is one up, one down as in winner move up, looser move down and if you are in the middle you stay in the tier. That is just how it is except for that first week at reshuffle. Please check facts before you go on a rant.

https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu

https://gw2mists.com/matches/na

As for your statement, no this do not look like very equal 

Edited by Leaa.2943
adding links
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Problem statement: WR is not better because of tier movement.

Possible solution: Change how tiers work, maybe use some kind of glicko ranking again so teams can move more than 1 tier per week

Typical forum solution: DELETE EVERYTHING 💣

You did not read my post i see. Read it again and pay especially attentioin to the fact that i first said add the alliances which is not delete everything it is adding what was actually intended from the start and also will give Anet a way to actually use their amazing tools to make matches equal. As a second suggestion i said add back servers. Jeez what is it with people and reading here.

• Confused 2