Homestead feature wishlist

6 hours ago, Mit Nllea.8490 said:

So there's quests to unlock cats for the homestead, but what about dogs? I WANT THE DOGGOS

devs are biased towards cats, sorry.  i h8 cats btw, just saying, i want it too 😄 

i got all those cats in my house just cause it was a cheevo and now have to suffer seeing them all the time cause there's no way to get rid of them. lol Maybe a dog would scare them away. 🙂

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

So far this thread has some amazing ideas for homesteading. 

I came across an issue that causes a decoration limit within a chunk which in my opinion has to be counted as a bug.

Increasing the total amount of decorations from 1k to 2 k would be great too but its totally unacceptable that they've placed a decoration limit within a chunk when it was advertised to allow for clipping pieces together in the videos.

Hoping that this doesnt take a month or more time to be fixed.

Already spent 500g on the homestead,would be a shame to have wasted all this gold to not be able to bring my vision to life.

why provide the tools if you will not allow players the freedom to use it as they like.

Wouldnt that be missing the point of creating a homestead in the first place?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, leonidash.9416 said:

Already spent 500g on the homestead,would be a shame to have wasted all this gold to not be able to bring my vision to life.

imagine spending 2k or more and hundreds of hours not farming gold or getting anything from time spent on a guild hall that isn't soley yours. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019

Hey everyone,
me and my friend were kinda brainstorming what would be could and we pretty much came out to 2 things (feel free to add more to this post if you know something good aswell)

1. a feature you can select multiple items and you can drag it all at once to a new place as a ''prefab'' would be great for bridge building and more ^^
2. maybe if you click and drag/tab inbetween items so items you use as for example a stone path can easily be dragged out of allready placed objects so you can select them without having to move the entire floor in a direction to get the stone path out of it.

thanks for reading ^^ 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:00 AM, Tarun.8946 said:

I'm bringing this thread to the GW2 Forums from my Guild Wars 2 - Reddit post.

Hmm, don't like this at all. I made this post as a thread originally. Now it's merged and lost within this thread. Thew two topics were rather different, as this one's opening post is about bugs mostly and my thread was overall suggestions.

What a shame, and a waste.

Edited by Tarun.8946

Why do I have 2 cooking station in my homestead if I enter with a character that has cooking level 500? The bloodstone stove is in there but in the opposite corner across the stairs is another cooking station for me.

PS can this general topic get pinned at top of the Janthir section?

• Thanks 1

I know this is mentioned in another thread, but just to keep it floated - opening up to squad size (at least raid squad size) I think will be very important long term.  Races, JPs, and just general social activities will very often spill over 5 people (especially as one person will have built the course).  I think this could be beneficial for marketing too as a lot of publicity can come from e.g. YouTube videos of beetle/griffon races.

• Thanks 2

BUGS

• The Wintersday Tree is misaligned and needs to be re-aligned properly
  • The default cooking station is too close to the Treasure Chest, causing you to accidentally interact with it when trying to open the chest
  • The Catmanders fight's speech bubbles are popping up quite some distance away from the actual fight

IMPROVEMENTS

• The Homestead Portal needs to be conjureable from anywhere, the current state lacks any logic
  • Move the Maguuma chests behind the wall, they are annoying (i.e., sound) and also block parts of the interior
  • Dusk/Dawn daylight setting needs to be added
  • Green grass textures need to be added, the whole place looks rather arid
  • More control over alts, the current implementation is useless
  • A weather system would be cool
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2024 at 11:08 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Aesthetic aside, once the Crystallized Supply Cache has been opened, it sits there making a constant pulsing noise that can get annoying when you're standing at the crafting stations. If it could be moved to the other side of the wall and toward the back, that would block the sound while you're crafting.

omg yes its annoying please fix this anet lol 

• Like 2

https://imgur.com/QamII1E

Ummm... how am i suppose to find anything in this mess?

maybe give us a list of what is here and how far from us it is and then let us modify or move it by clicking on the name and then the handles appearing so we can grab it to modify it. 

This yellow mess is just a light show and i can't see anything!

I guess that decoration is permanetly just going to stay there until i redecorate this  brand new kitchen layout. 😞

p.s. PLEASE ADD AN UNDO/REDO BUTTON! AND ALLOW US TO LINK DECORATIONS TOGETHER!!!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Thanks 1