Suggestion: Focus 5th skill needs rework for PvE

Umut.5471

Hello everyone,
Since most mobs don't have boons on them, (especially older PvE expansions/core maps etc.) the Focus 5th skill can't be used to its full potential in PvE.
This skill's damage scales with the enemy's boons, and it removes boons, which is mostly useless in a PvE scenario. Can we please have a Focus rework as a PvE-specific change?
I need an alternative 1200 range off-hand weapon for my Power build, 4th skill does ok IMO. Also, the Focus 2nd Gen Legendary fits the Necromancer class very well, I won't lie.

Edited by Umut.5471
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Brujeria.7536 said:

Nah. If anything skill 4 needs a rework. That button press is useless in any gamemode.

Yup, Spinal Shivers is one of Necros best skills, whereas Soul Grasp is one of the worst. Reverting it to its old self (but with more accurate projectile) would be my pick.

• Like 3

Like others said, Focus is held back mostly by its absolutely horrible and nearly useless skill 4. Soul Grasp sucks at everything it's trying to accomplish that it's not even funny. It doesn't even look good as it utilises that ugly hand projectile that i despise. 🙄

Reaper's touch (the old skill 4) had some issues, but it was actually quite good and looked amazing too. I wish they brought that skill back, or reworked Soul Grasp into something entirely else, something that's actually useful.

• Like 3

On 9/15/2024 at 10:38 PM, Lahmia.2193 said:

Yup, Spinal Shivers is one of Necros best skills, whereas Soul Grasp is one of the worst. Reverting it to its old self (but with more accurate projectile) would be my pick.

I find Soul Grasp's siphon healing useful in open world, at least you can use the full potential of that skill in PvE. But the healing effect needs to be buffed a bit.
And having a 5-target bounce on it would be better.

But Spinal Shivers always hits the lowest damage possible in PvE due to no boons on 99% of mobs, also the boon strip feature goes wasted/unusable.
Maybe it should inflict some random conditions if the target doesn't have boons and increase the damage to remove boon scaling? (in PvE only)

Edited by Umut.5471

1 hour ago, Umut.5471 said:

I find Soul Grasp's siphon healing useful in open world, at least you can use the full potential of that skill in PvE. But the healing effect needs to be buffed a bit.
And having a 5-target bounce on it would be better.

But Spinal Shivers always hits the lowest damage possible in PvE due to no boons on 99% of mobs, also the boon strip feature goes wasted/unusable.
Maybe it should inflict some random conditions if the target doesn't have boons and increase the damage to remove boon scaling? (in PvE only)

And Spinal Shivers will almost always do more. That's a testament to how bad Soul Grasp is. 

• Like 2