TOO MUCH CC IN THE GAME

koenrox.6480

On 9/18/2024 at 9:46 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Just b sharp you got this

I just feel more like a spoon, and I know you will DO AS I SAY OR YOU WILL BE BANNED support my choice, out of the kindess of your furry heart, and use my prefered description; blunt/blugeon. I'm really trying to work on myself, and accept that its ok not to got this.

On 9/18/2024 at 1:57 PM, koenrox.6480 said:

Just plain and simply there is way to much cc in the game to enjoy it. I keep trying to comeback to gw2 but then I play pvp and get constantly stun locked and its just not fun. then I try to play a class with stability but will constantly get boon stripped and feared. ANET, this needs to change. something to combat to amount of CC there is in competitive modes. please

Nah, There's too much Guardian, Necro, and Rangers though.

Elementalists and Engineers are extinct.

On 9/18/2024 at 7:35 AM, Provocative.3561 said:

Because dodging the cc ability isn’t an option? Idk what class you are or if you’re playing ranked or unranked. But you need to know what class you’re playing and their strengths and weaknesses and more importantly learn to dodge/kite… getting stunlocked means either the enemy is chaining their cc under good coordination or they have good team fight awareness. Jumping straight into a fight when you’re not melee is Ill advised, patience wins fights amongst other things. Hope that helps 

The issue is that an enormous number of things CC, and nobody takes significant risks as attackers during burst windows. If someone is attacking with impunity, he might as well stagger or chain his CC skills to optimize zero-interaction from an opponent. The only real interactive factor here is how many stunbreaks or instant movement skills that the opponent has. This isn't something necessarily determined by player/operator skill because there are obviously much better skills and traits to take in lieu of extra stability or stunbreaks.  Therefore, regardless of which player feels bad in the exchange, someone is going to feel cheated: whether it's one player who feels like he's being CC'ed to death, or another attacking player who feels as if someone can never be CC'ed enough. It's not about player skill; it's just the build vs build interaction.

Some builds are far more resilient or susceptible to CC than others, and due to GW2 PvP's very narrow and shallow metagame paradigms, experimentation is typically, very strongly discouraged. People just learn which classes are the easy kill rather than try to pretend that player/operator skill will triumph a dude facerolling the keyboard (because it won't).

Edited by Swagg.9236
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 1:11 PM, Swagg.9236 said:

The issue is that an enormous number of things CC, and nobody takes significant risks as attackers during burst windows. If someone is attacking with impunity, he might as well stagger or chain his CC skills to optimize zero-interaction from an opponent. The only real interactive factor here is how many stunbreaks or instant movement skills that the opponent has. This isn't something necessarily determined by player/operator skill because there are obviously much better skills and traits to take in lieu of extra stability or stunbreaks.  Therefore, regardless of which player feels bad in the exchange, someone is going to feel cheated: whether it's one player who feels like he's being CC'ed to death, or another attacking player who feels as if someone can never be CC'ed enough. It's not about player skill; it's just the build vs build interaction.

I love this response, the grammar-articulation-vocabulary in your response should be given an award. 
Albeit, what you’re saying has some truth to it. I think one point to make is CC abilities lost their damage factor and create just a fear factor, since people generally want to steer away from the CC bot. But I would like to address that someone opting into a CC orientated build, which is usually for coordinated squads for roaming or pvp, so someone has the lockdown required for the team to collapse. Although an individual who is opting into heavy loads of CC, can appear “uninteractive”, I will not argue this fact. But quick responses, stun break/stability/movement abilities/dodging can allow you to kite that individual leading to tons of counterplay.
If you are caught by said CC user, without any of the following mentioned prior & due to stun breaks having high cooldowns, then the consequences don’t appear so bad as the CC isn’t doing the damage, so even when released from their grasp it’s not like you took any real amounts of damage. Unless an ally of theirs capitalizes on “you” being unable to act. The rewards for the uninteractive player, is much like a support, losing damage to opt into boons & healing etc for pressure and fear. It’s a bit of a trade off and some would argue “I think lowering stun break cooldowns to combat CC would help or fix this issue”, but when they(stun breakers) are excessively low in cooldown, it leads to slippery gameplay to which it becomes almost impossible to lockdown any enemy for a burst or the team to collapse onto. Which is why the stability meta a couple years back was problematic in the fact CC had no value, if stability leads to impunity which as we know it is un-punishable. Wouldn’t you agree?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vyseman.2947 said:

Would be awsome if Anet is adding an CC Immunity after getting CCed.. for example you are CCed, then you are 3 or 5sec immune to it. because no one can have 5 stunbreaks 

Yo-

You're not supposed to eat all of the stuns. The stunbreaks are for saving you from messing up when you don't avoid them.  You don't need a lifeline for every single one. 

this is like people getting put into a combo because they didn't block an overhead, and thinking they should be immune to the combos because they ate a lot of them.  Bro block it 💀

• Like 2

On 9/26/2024 at 5:28 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Yo-

You're not supposed to eat all of the stuns. The stunbreaks are for saving you from messing up when you don't avoid them.  You don't need a lifeline for every single one. 

this is like people getting put into a combo because they didn't block an overhead, and thinking they should be immune to the combos because they ate a lot of them.  Bro block it 💀

not every class have access to permablocks or perma evades.. and also Spellbreakers for example does have unblockables.. so glhf to block their Stuns 😉

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then you use blinds or invuln or use damag reduction abilities to nullify their spike.

blind is so powerful in this game and not talked about as much as it should be. blind and weakness in copious amounts make the game feel literally unplayable. working as hard s you can to get a spike just to get it insta kitten is a feels bad man moment.