Homesteads need Commanders

I agree that people should not be able to hijack your group in any way, not only homesteads.

It is useful to let it open, i've seen a person just doing a paper while letting his homestead open and just put on the lfg for people to relist the party because he's afk. And people surprisingly were very civil about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

And people surprisingly were very civil about it.

It's true, the majority of GW2 players are civil and friendly. 😉 

Oh well, if ANet hasn't done anything about the group-hijacking thematic in 12 years, it is unlikely they are going to in the (near) future. 🤷‍♀️ Thought I'd give it a try anyway. 😄

• Confused 1

Most players are listing open Homestead's for looting under Central Tyria Party since its rarely used for anything else.

I've been listing mine regularly so others can loot it and tour it. Currently the LFG's go up and vanish fast because it is automatically removed when the 5th person joins your Homestead party, so when it drops below 5 people  you have to constantly relist it.  I wish we could open it to squads instead of just parties as that would allow guilds to have fun in it and the LFG listings would last longer as it would be rare to fill it up. Squad mode would also kill the mergers and trolls that constantly join and leave to delist your instance from LFG. 

Edited by Phasma Phasmatis.4305
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phasma Phasmatis.4305 said:

Most players are listing open Homestead's for looting under Central Tyria Party since its rarely used for anything else.

I've been listing mine regularly so others can loot it and tour it. Currently the LFG's go up and vanish fast because it is automatically removed when the 5th person joins your Homestead party, so when it drops below 5 people  you have to constantly relist it.  I wish we could open it to squads instead of just parties as that would allow guilds to have fun in it and the LFG listings would last longer as it would be rare to fill it up. Squad mode would also kill the mergers and trolls that constantly join and leave to delist your instance from LFG. 

Or just give us a 10 people homestead squad in lfg.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, since there is no homestead party listed, I created one and listed it. The response is so good that in seconds my party is full 😮 And, I think it is a good system that your party gets auto-delisted when it is full. That way you get to decide whether to continue or take a break.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Well ever since I came across this topic, I have been checking LFG every time I login and I have yet to come across any homestead listing 🤷‍♀️

The party creator has no control  over the party admin? That's bad design.

That was actually even worse, which is why they changed it to majority rule . . .

• Like 1