Wizard's Vault Special Tab Request

Camniel.7238

The Special tab in the Wizard's Vault is obviously meant to be season related and I'm good with that, however, I have noticed that almost all the items in that tab are current expansion only.

Note, I said "only" and "almost". Currently (as of writing this) there's one item in the Special tab that does not require the current expansion, and that's the WvW Bonus Event item. 

I would like to see more seasonal item alternatives to the current expansion. Not taking away any of the current expansion items of course, just adding some additional options for people who don't yet own the Janthir expansion. 

And yes, that includes me (which is why I've noticed it), I don't own Janthir yet and it does rather suck to not have any large projects in the Wizard's Vault to work on. I'm limited to just the daily and weekly missions (which are great) but would definitely like to not feel left out in the Special tab for larger projects. I think adding more non-current options would be very helpful for keeping owners of previous expansions more involved in the game.

*Crosses fingers*

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Eh, I think you're correct that the special tab is meant to be related to current events, not general objectives. I don't think this is likely to change . . .

In happier news you don't particularly need to do any specials to get all the useful things from the vault, so you're just missing out on a little gold nbd . . .

• Like 5

I suspect the intention is that you feel left out and so want to buy the latest expansion to be included. 

But it doesn't make a big difference, especially since not having the latest expansion also means you can't get some of the rewards from the WV, so there's less to spend AA on. But more importantly the activities are basically the same as the ones in the weekly category, but focused on the new maps. All of that stuff will be available later (and likely included in weekly achievements). 

However there have also been special achievements for all the 'rush' events (like Fractals and PoF, as well as the current WvW one) and there will be ones for Halloween and any other events. 

• Like 5

I'd love for the tab to return to the version when it got released. It shows all tasks, but tasks that the account cannot reach because the needed expansion or seasons isn't unlocked is greyed out/darker.

I don't know why this got changed.

It's a mess to find things to do like this.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 1