Reasoning behind changes from oct 8th balance patch

cryorion.9532

46 minutes ago, ApaWanka.2698 said:

could we sell already bought expansions?

….Would someone buy my Janthir expansion pack? Almost new! I’ve bought to be able to use warrior spear and in less than a month is already crap. 💩 

If you only PvP then you might be able to get a refund. If you WvW/PvE and unlocked Janthir specific stuff, then they cannot disable that content progression and will not refund your money.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you only PvP then you might be able to get a refund. If you WvW/PvE and unlocked Janthir specific stuff, then they cannot disable that content progression and will not refund your money.

I cutting mine as a loss and moving to other games.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

For now T&L but i know how grindy and p2w it can become so i will be searching for another ones. I will not entertain games with subscription on top of expansion.

I feel you on both accounts. Might be time to go back to single player games for a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

The thing here you're trying to argue is a "What if" situation. Because LB does exist as a usable range option for spb(although not really that good), it doesnt have enough synergy(pretty sure if they unsplit the daze fro PvE everyone would whine and see slightly more).

But you know what it was BiS for? Condi zerker, and funny enough when condi zerker was meta people were complaining just as hard about it being broken and it being able to proc adrenal health without hitting anyone( it's considered proc'd for creating fire fields) and trying to get Adrenal health nerfed, power zerker was also hit by the feel no pain(condi zerker's doing) cut down or are we going to turn a blind eye and blame spb for that too?  Was Spb also responsible for fatal frenzy getting nerfed is wvw turning having its power stat getting cut in half? How about Primal Longbow burst Scorched Earth getting repeatedly nerfed? 

Spear was overturned at launch(just like a majority of the other spears) and adjustments were going to be made In the obvious direction. I'm not going to sit here and lie to myself that it was perfectly balanced and fine as is and make comparisons like 100b(You know the skill we've been discussing and begging to fix for years?) does more damage than pre-nerfed Spearmarshal's Support. Or the front about not being busted on the 2 other specs that effectively don't have a burst skill on spear? Or a baseline unblockable launch and evade being balanced. Give me a break man.

To my knowledge, all these nerfs you mentioned were game-mode specific. And also not literal utility removals. You still missed the point but whatever. Enjoy warrior nerfs.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

For now T&L but i know how grindy and p2w it can become so i will be searching for another ones. I will not entertain games with subscription on top of expansion.

I know I am waiting for ArcheAge Chronicles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry but, is it something that's really "dead" to an extent it will see no use in any contents save for open world? From what I have seen, I don't think 3k dps loss is that massive to call it dead...

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Guy.9207 said:

I'm sorry but, is it something that's really "dead" to an extent it will see no use in any contents save for open world? From what I have seen, I don't think 3k dps loss is that massive to call it dead...

It's not about spear being dead. Spear is not really dead... yet. It's about the aproach, that they nerfed so many things in all gamemodes, even though these things were not an issue in all gamemodes. Instead of addressing the root of an issue, they decided to just treat all symptoms.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

It's not about spear being dead. Spear is not really dead... yet. It's about the aproach, that they nerfed so many things in all gamemodes, even though these things were not an issue in all gamemodes. Instead of addressing the root of an issue, they decided to just treat all symptoms.

This.
The problem here is not the persuit of balance, but the way they go arround these balance patches for all classes lately is quite problematic.

Is not about having to nerf spear or spellbreaker, but altogether removing entire ways of gameplay trying to funnel all classes into less and less variations for their classes, in solidarity any warrior exclusive player could look at what happend to heal scourge players, an entirely UNIQUE way of playing completely deleted.

ArenaNet methodology for balance is not adressing calculations, nor does it obey improving the players game experience. It's just erasing whatever doesn't work in their view, and thats an issue when half your balance patches look like made by people that doesn't play this game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Defiant stance has been bugged for years now, cause it's cast time was random between 1/4s and 1,1/4s and often it failed to activate at all. They added the insult of injury by prolonging the cast time to increase the chance of activation failure to occur, and also said "Defiant Stance: Increased the casting time by approximately 0.5 seconds" which is kittening hilarious, as it admits they themselves have no clue what the kittening activation time is, so they used the word "approximately".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

honestly, balanced stance should've get its immunity against crit removed or the pulsating stab, but increasing the CD to 50 is just lazy nerf, removing this thing from any build, forcing you to take dolyak stance just because they want, not because it's a real choice.

3 minutes ago, Zekent.3652 said:

but increasing the CD to 50 is just lazy nerf, removing this thing from any build, forcing you to take dolyak stance just because they want, not because it's a real choice.

funny thing is, Balanced Stance its still better than Doylak Signet on pvp builds, because of the crit immunity letting you survive the fair and balanced burst combos from stealth, or from offscreen that so many fair and balanced classes love to serve you with. 

• Thanks 2