Soulbound crafting bug?

I made a viper set for my Mesmer on my Necromancer, who had tailor 400. My Necro did not wear the set, I just took it to the bank and deposited it there for my Mesmer to pick up. Only it says that it's soulbound to my Necro. How on earth did this happen?! Do we at least get pop ups to notify that crafting something will make it soulbound?

@Spudfuzz.6185 said:Oh kitten. Of course. My screen is massive so I miss the most simple things all the time, even party invites. What should I do with an exotic set I can't use? It cost at least 100g, what a freaking waste. I wish these notices could at least be bigger, and in red or something.

It's not just a notice. It's a modal dialog that is shows up in the middle of your screen that prevents you from doing anything else until you click the button on it. You just ignored what it said 6 times apparently.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Spudfuzz.6185 said:Oh kitten. Of course. My screen is massive so I miss the most simple things all the time, even party invites. What should I do with an exotic set I can't use? It cost at least 100g, what a freaking waste. I wish these notices could at least be bigger, and in red or something.

It's not just a notice. It's a modal dialog that is shows up in the middle of your screen that prevents you from doing anything else until you click the button on it. You just ignored what it said 6 times apparently.

Really? I don't recall clicking anything like that. I just clicked the rune onto the armour, unless the act of clicking the rune onto it twice gets rid of the notice.

@Spudfuzz.6185 said:Really? I don't recall clicking anything like that. I just clicked the rune onto the armour, unless the act of clicking the rune onto it twice gets rid of the notice.It's human nature to end up ignoring warning messages: 90% of the time they get in our way, so we get used to clicking through and forgetting. Then we get burned on the 10% and don't even remember.

@Spudfuzz.6185 said:I already contacted, though I don't expect much.

They often are helpful to polite requests for assistance, especially when you admit a mistake. (Not that you need to; just it seems to be helpful.)

For those following along from home, the lesson to remember:

• Don't put runes or sigils in rare or exotic gear until you have already bound it to the character who wants it.
  • Don't expect that you'll notice all the warnings; you'll miss one at some point (only robots are that careful).

And for others considering Viper's gear, there are a couple of alternatives:

• HoT story rewards a gearbox that allows for selecting exotics with Viper's
  • Consider going directly to ascended. Viper's costs 10-15g/piece and the equivalent ascended are 40-45g. That's obviously a lot more but worth it if you have multiple "mains"

@Optimator.3589 said:Or you could spend some time in WvW...triumphant armor reward track lets you pick any stat combo for any slot in any armor type. Doesn't really take that long to complete. I usually try to keep at least 6 boxes in my bank at all times in case I get an itch to try a new build.

I recommend the crystal desert reward track.Armor box with all stats available at the end but a lot (!!) More gold (grey items alone wrth around 10 gold) and rewards in between. (Up to 21 rares... My personal max.).

Archived