What warrior supposed to play now?(pvp)

Lighter.5631

I don't get it.

I'm fine with nerfing the spear defense spellbreaker.

But all the old spellbreaker builds are basically gutted right?

All the spear builds, berserker is already unplayable

And bsw is pure non existing

You could nerf spear alone, so people can still play old spellbreakers,

Or you can nerf defense spellbreaker, so people can still use spear with play with core or berserker as it was the most complete warrior weapon that can carry these specs.

But now its like..no option left to play? What's this balance direction I'm confused

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

I think (and this is no joke) core Warr is also one of the best options^^. At least If you want to make spear/staff Work.

Core Spear/Staff Warrior

Aside this ^^ as hotride Said. GS/Dagger Shield is realy good still and with the resistance on heal using even in strength line.

Then there is still staff/Dagger Sword also realy good still on both strength and defence.

For Condi zerker is also good in some diff weap variants. The ones i know are longbow/Mace Sword , longbow/Sword Sword , longbow/ Sword torch and Sword torch/ Mace Sword 

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

I think (and this is no joke) core Warr is also one of the best options^^. At least If you want to make spear/staff Work.

Core Spear/Staff Warrior

Aside this ^^ as hotride Said. GS/Dagger Shield is realy good still and with the resistance on heal using even in strength line.

Then there is still staff/Dagger Sword also realy good still on both strength and defence.

For Condi zerker is also good in some diff weap variants. The ones i know are longbow/Mace Sword , longbow/Sword Sword , longbow/ Sword torch and Sword torch/ Mace Sword 

I'm play testing arms/tactics.

Arms has better synergy with spear combos and you don't have much might gen anyway. I'd take berserker power if i have to take strength.

I also feel like tactic could be better as spear range hit n run gameplay doesn't rely on resistance heavily, also new condi cleanse and high protection uptime on demand.

Also because being ranged won't eat a tons of condition, I'm also testing the new shout heal which now gives 2 dodges with signet for stamina for burst cleanse and more dodges, the dodge uptime is pretty good.

I do feel like traditional warrior is built that way because its eating too much skills, for sustained combat, while spear can build for burst sustain like other classes.

@Lighter.5631 yea i know that Arms build ^^ its also realy fun but my try on that one Build was to gain a build that is able to win 1v1s even against higher sustained ones and conditions Builds ^^

Staff and spear both connect realy Well with core warr cause both benefit realy mutch from adrenaline spend mechanic while GS is and Dagger are realy strong on spell since they do not need 3 full adrenaline bars to be effective.

Thats the reason why i said that it makes sence that this 2 weapons shine on core (so should Axe Mainhand but yea overnerfed as hell burst skill wise)

Edited by Myror.7521

Stop punishing core warr for what  Spellbreaker did.

Just give solid boon hate to core warrior, while SB would focus on getting extra advantages form landing it.
Kinda like defense warriors can get massive benefits from landing hard cc.

Then start balancing from there, instead of every other spec suffering 2x for every "SB nerf" (read: core warr nerf).

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Thanks 2

Nerfing shared, core aspects of a class for the problems of one single elite spec makes no logical sense. 

If Spellbreaker is the problem then nerf its special skill, nerf its e-spec trait line, snuff the whole thing out. When you buff a core feature like the core trait lines or a weapon and it becomes a problem on Spellbreaker because of synergy, just make a Spellbreaker-specific nerf for that. It has been customary for ANet to "forget" to elaborate on why the nerfs spill over into other e-specs, but I don't think it should ever have become an unspoken agreement.

Don't say the technology isn't accessible to developers, you just did that to Cull the Weak on the Defense trait line; Bladesworn also converted Adrenaline to Flow within traits like Cleansing Ire, and modified utilities. I know how this works, it's like telling a customer the price done by the "pricing team" is non-negotiable, when you stuck the price label on using a price tag gun this morning yourself.

Edited by Ralkuth.1456
  • Thanks 2

In this situation you try your best to keep the obnoxious "Wont die SPB" builds running or go full glass and onetap some unfortunate soul.

Onetapping is getting real rough between the blind, weakness, aegis and perma protection spam. Resistance is a requirement for power builds. 

On 10/10/2024 at 2:58 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

I don't get it.

I'm fine with nerfing the spear defense spellbreaker.

But all the old spellbreaker builds are basically gutted right?

All the spear builds, berserker is already unplayable

And bsw is pure non existing

You could nerf spear alone, so people can still play old spellbreakers,

Or you can nerf defense spellbreaker, so people can still use spear with play with core or berserker as it was the most complete warrior weapon that can carry these specs.

But now its like..no option left to play? What's this balance direction I'm confused

Just play bladesworn that does no damage, or spellbreaker that can't survive now, or gun zerker that's a meme and has zero qol, or core warrior that doesnt have an f2 and is outdated, or support warrior that can't support as well as guardians.

In all seriousness maybe condi rabid zerker? Yay...

Edited by Yerlock.4678
  • Thanks 3

Enjoy Mediocrity. I converted to playing Rabid Condi Zerker for fun continuously bullying every traditional Spb build I see because this is what everyone wants anyways. Half a sleep at the wheel 60% of the time.

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Thanks 3

NGL Zerker with Axes/GS is still there and fun to play but FR for how many more years can anyone be excited to spam Andrenaline moves over and over, and otherwise just mostly camp axes and spiiiiiin? I don't play other types, especially not BSW any more, they're dog water in many ways.

Edited by Kunavi.2407