Elementalist require a full condi clear utility/trait

Arheundel.6451

@juno.1840 said:I'm sure you can find a Tempest build that includes Water traitline with Ether Renewal and a utility cantrip or two that still applies pressure in WvW or PvP.

Just take your current favorite build and start swapping in the elements mentioned above until you achieve a level of condi removal you are satisfied with.

I run Earth/Water/Tempest with all the traits/skills I mentioned... all Celestial... D/F... and I do fine in most 1v1, occasionally ok in a 1v2. If you try and 1v2 heavy condi builds then you'll likely lose, but does most everyone else.

You're just bunkering up with d/f! You're doing no pressure whatsoever!You go full bunker mode just to survive and that's all you will do but I don't need to do that on other professions and that's what needs to change. I don't think most of you fully realise the difference between condi application and condi bomb

Since the most recent weaver changelog, you guys must know already that superspeed and swiftness is applying regen (if we have the weaver trait), combined with the water trait the weaver can clear condis while damaging the foe, which makes this profession with the newest elite spec gameplay very nice. There are so many skills that apply superspeed/swiftness/regen now that every 2nd skill of the ele will clear a condi, if not 2/3 of them :)

I hope they rework it a little bit - not to add regen but to clean condis each 0.5s like before (but all condis), so we can forget about water and boost our damage even more.

P.S I don't even care about condis in PVE

@Arheundel.6451 said:You're just bunkering up with d/f! You're doing no pressure whatsoever!You go full bunker mode just to survive and that's all you will do but I don't need to do that on other professions and that's what needs to change. I don't think most of you fully realise the difference between condi application and condi bomb

I didn't say to use my build -- don't if you prefer. I said take your build and start adding in the condi removal elements I listed previously.

Given what they did to Unravel Hexes, they killed any chance of Ele not needing to run Water. It is SO obviously built to require you to run Water now, Having to run several trait lines and specific skills that have a singular affect (removing condis) is so annoying considering other classes get skills/traits that remove conditions and do something else.

Be it remove condis from self/alies and remove boons from enemies, to remove condis and heal, to remove condis and damage enemies. Ele has Cleansing Fire that Burns, but that cool down is seriously broken considering what others can do with skills that remove condis and do something else. Hell, remove the Burning and reduce the cool down to 10-15seconds. Make it a Ammo skill. 3 Charges, 20second recharge. Remove 3 condis and 4seconds Burning. Boom. Helpful.

The big problem is, while Ele has quite a few ways to remove conditions, they are ALL over the place, some good. Some bad. Some totally useless. Having to take Several trait lines and skills in order to simply not melt to conditions says something and even with all of that you will still be at the disadvantage.

The condition removal is too over the place, Fire has 1 but its on a dreadful cool down to be that useful. Air has nothing. Water has some good ones and some that are SO heavily reliant on your weapons and your utilities. Earth had a GREAT anti condi condition, that actually had a counter - Diamond Skin was a great trait. It was SO easy to counter by not being full bunker condi, those players cried and Anet decided to make it near useless :( Another example was Unravel Hexes, i can kinda see why they did it partly due to the text being rather poor to explain what it did. Adding the Regen shows CLEARLY they are saying "You. Must. Run. Water" They could have easily adjusted Unravel Hexes to make it a viable option to take it without going Water, without going Water its a dreadful trait. Going Water makes it solid, IF you have the right setup for it due to its reliance on swiftness/Superspeed so even then you would need Water + Air/Arcane to make the best use of it :/

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Given what they did to Unravel Hexes, they killed any chance of Ele not needing to run Water. It is SO obviously built to require you to run Water now, Having to run several trait lines and specific skills that have a singular affect (removing condis) is so annoying considering other classes get skills/traits that remove conditions and do something else.

Be it remove condis from self/alies and remove boons from enemies, to remove condis and heal, to remove condis and damage enemies. Ele has Cleansing Fire that Burns, but that cool down is seriously broken considering what others can do with skills that remove condis and do something else. kitten, remove the Burning and reduce the cool down to 10-15seconds. Make it a Ammo skill. 3 Charges, 20second recharge. Remove 3 condis and 4seconds Burning. Boom. Helpful.

The big problem is, while Ele has quite a few ways to remove conditions, they are ALL over the place, some good. Some bad. Some totally useless. Having to take Several trait lines and skills in order to simply not melt to conditions says something and even with all of that you will still be at the disadvantage.

The condition removal is too over the place, Fire has 1 but its on a dreadful cool down to be that useful. Air has nothing. Water has some good ones and some that are SO heavily reliant on your weapons and your utilities. Earth had a GREAT anti condi condition, that actually had a counter - Diamond Skin was a great trait. It was SO easy to counter by not being full bunker condi, those players cried and Anet decided to make it near useless :( Another example was Unravel Hexes, i can kinda see why they did it partly due to the text being rather poor to explain what it did. Adding the Regen shows CLEARLY they are saying "You. Must. Run. Water" They could have easily adjusted Unravel Hexes to make it a viable option to take it without going Water, without going Water its a dreadful trait. Going Water makes it solid, IF you have the right setup for it due to its reliance on swiftness/Superspeed so even then you would need Water + Air/Arcane to make the best use of it :/

I cant edit the post, guess you get limited time to edit but, what do you guys think about this:

Change Woven Strike to:

Hexed Strikes: Using a Dual skill grants Resistance. Remove 1 Condition every second when you have Resistance active. Remove 1 condition every 1/2second when you have Barrier active.

Make it so that its only SELF applied Barrier that grants the condi removal and i think this would be decent. I mean even with the 1 condi removed every 1/2second with Barrier still wouldnt make our barrier much good anyway. The 50second cool down barrier is like 3.5k. Easily countered by an auto attack and we are hardly that mobile with the Sword anyway. While they are at it, they could buff Stone Resonance to actually make it a skill worthy of having a 50second recharge time! Or reduce the recharge time to like 15-20seconds as its such a poor skill at the moment, 3.5k barrier is worthless 99% of the time but if combined with the above trait change it could be a worthy skill, even if its just for the condi removal but would need a lower cool down.

Another idea could be something like:Hexed Strikes: You take reduced damage from Conditions when you have barrier active. Remove 1 condition every 1/2second when you have Barrier active.

I would say making it an active version of the old Diamond Skin would be good. So you become immune to conditions while you have Barrier up and you remove condis with it being active. I think the reason this would be balanced is because we have really low access to Barrier unlike say Scourge. Along with this, i would buff Elemental Refreshment to make it at least 1k base and maybe improve the scaling for it because Ele has VERY low access to it and its meant to be pretty much our defense when in melee.

What do you guys think?

Archived