I regret purchasing Janthir Wilds

thaniretouni.4762

For the first time in my GW2 history, I regret so much purchasing an expansion. They promote a new weapon (which is minimal addition for an expansion when the game expands every 1-2 years almost and no changes to armours/stats etc). Then, they go and destroy that weapon in most classes that was kinda fun or interesting (for the rest was already boring gameplay or low dmg/utility). The recent nerf on warrior, after the October's 8th update, was the last nail in the coffin for me. Not gonna log in until I see significant changes. The only broken class in this game that rarely receives any nerfs and is always super useful with all its e-specs and builds in every situation is guardian. I am sick of it. Thief, warrior, engineer, elementalist and more are all getting perma slapped every time. I'll go play Throne and Liberty until they decide to bring back the fun in this stale game that promotes only their favourite class.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

They probably already had plans to nerf warrior spear in most content after its rework.

Lets not forget that the initial version of Warrior spear would have been so bad for anyone besides SPB players that it wouldnt even have sold the expansion to warrior players in general. The initial version of Spearmarshals Support was so slow in tracking that you could just run without swiftness and evade 99% of the thing.

I have no proof that this wasnt a bait and switch but it sure as hell looks like it, especially when you look at the lack of nerfs to mesmer and guard spears.

The weapon had nothing but damage and evades, now they remove both. It looks so hilariously nefarious that im not even sure if I should be angry or impressed I fell for such a colossal bamboozle.

And the gutting of staff healing on top for competitive play and F1 in general, warrior support in PvE was already a meme choice when other options are so hilariously better and yet this still went through after all the work Anet did to promote support Warrior via traits.

This feels planned or malicious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

Exactly. The nerf hammer is heavy, therefore I am looking somewhere else for fun. Even the cringy and toxic community of LoL is better than this. At least there is a bigger population to play with there. Here, WvW feels so dead sometimes. Like 5-7 people lost between 4 maps. It is funny and sad at the same time.

Helldivers 2 is getting a juicy buff update tomorrow. After the last round of buffs that game has gotten significantly better. Would recommend.

Dota 2 is also a fun substitute for LoL.

Nah we should realy stop crying about something that is not real. 

Fact is:

- Its still a realy nice and fun to Play weapon well at least to me.

- the Power Berserker is still benched with spear but its 3k dps lower than before the nerfs.

- its still variable in both PvE and PvP

- it is now dmg wise on paar with Greatsword Berserker but you can Go in ranged distance while doing your Rotation ...... You even can Go spear only Play and be the best in slot range only dpsler.

So yea its still one If not the best weapon Warrior ever got ^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

i don't understand all the upset.. i mean warrior is still the best in slot ranged damage class with spear? i think if anything, we should be crying for rifle, which will probably find no place in the end-game now that spear has been introduced, no matter how much it is buffed.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Marmado.7825 said:

Archage Chronicles is set to release next year although it hasn't been announced, that is what I am waiting for They decided to go a different direction with that game, you should look at its reveal trailer it might interest you

My friend played the first Archage. He said it was the best game ran by the worst publisher. Chronicles shouldn't have that issue as it is a new publisher this time. 

16 hours ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

For the first time in my GW2 history, I regret so much purchasing an expansion. They promote a new weapon (which is minimal addition for an expansion when the game expands every 1-2 years almost and no changes to armours/stats etc). Then, they go and destroy that weapon in most classes that was kinda fun or interesting (for the rest was already boring gameplay or low dmg/utility). The recent nerf on warrior, after the October's 8th update, was the last nail in the coffin for me. Not gonna log in until I see significant changes. The only broken class in this game that rarely receives any nerfs and is always super useful with all its e-specs and builds in every situation is guardian. I am sick of it. Thief, warrior, engineer, elementalist and more are all getting perma slapped every time. I'll go play Throne and Liberty until they decide to bring back the fun in this stale game that promotes only their favourite class.

bump. I do too xD

• Thanks 1

A weapon that should have died on concept stage, that had a mountain of design flaws when first shown, got fixed by simply putting inflated numbers on it. 

Now they removed the inflated numbers and people see for what it is. 

Where have I seen that before? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Ohh yeah. Bladesworn. 

A elite spec that should have died on concept stage, that had a mountain of design flaws when first shown, got fixed by simply putting inflated numbers on it. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

A weapon that should have died on concept stage, that had a mountain of design flaws when first shown, got fixed by simply putting inflated numbers on it. 

From the initial version of warriors spear we had some massive improvements due to the backlash that we gave to the "The closer you are, the more damage it does" concept.

On release, spear was just an amazing weapon, shaving damage off some skills were bound to happen since you could get Harriers and Spearmarshal to deal 17k+ damage on a glass warrior build.

Only issue is that SPB with its 30% damage and bugged defensive skills got a hold of this weapon, allowing people to hit people for 15k damage on one Spearmarshal while being unkillable. SPB was dealing disgusting damage before spear but since Anet always balances around the issues and never adresses the actual problem, spear didnt get the shave it needed, it got a 40% gutting on Spearmarshal, a dramatic nerf to Spear Swipe and the evade removed from Harriers as well as WvW nerfs to its damage (no PvP ones though, wierd). 

Now after the PvE nerfs to spear its clear Anet dont want spear to compete with rifle since they essentially fill the same role but spear FEELS better to use.

26 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

From the initial version of warriors spear we had some massive improvements due to the backlash that we gave to the "The closer you are, the more damage it does" concept.

On release, spear was just an amazing weapon, shaving damage off some skills were bound to happen since you could get Harriers and Spearmarshal to deal 17k+ damage on a glass warrior build.

Only issue is that SPB with its 30% damage and bugged defensive skills got a hold of this weapon, allowing people to hit people for 15k damage on one Spearmarshal while being unkillable. SPB was dealing disgusting damage before spear but since Anet always balances around the issues and never adresses the actual problem, spear didnt get the shave it needed, it got a 40% gutting on Spearmarshal, a dramatic nerf to Spear Swipe and the evade removed from Harriers as well as WvW nerfs to its damage (no PvP ones though, wierd). 

Now after the PvE nerfs to spear its clear Anet dont want spear to compete with rifle since they essentially fill the same role but spear FEELS better to use.

I disagree. 

Spear has still many issues not addressed. 

On SpB, you need short CD CC for many reasons. Spear doesn't have this. 

Spear swipe is still anti synergy with SpB as it moves the enemy away from you. 

Thats fixed with making Harrier Toss Daze Targets. 

Give Spear Swipe a flip over skill that moves you to the target 

On Berserker, it's even worse. 

A long cast time burst is anti synergy with Heat the soul and Smash Brawler. 

Who thought this was a good idea has no freaking idea about Warrior. 

Needs to be a one and down skill with a short cast time. 

I even disagree on it feeling better than Rifle. 

I would even say I MASSIVELY disagree. 

But that's my personal opinion. 

Rifle is fun to use in Openworld. With the correct build that is and it slaps too. I was not able to make a build worth my time with spear. And I kitten tried. 

Build crafting is my favorite thing to do in GW2. 

People were to blinded by BIG Number to see the issues. 

Like making a kitten kitten food recipe and trying to hide it with mountains of sugar in it. 

Now the sugar is gone and it taste like butt. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

I don't see any Bladesworns though. :classic_ninja: 

:classic_dry:

i play bladesworn with daring dragon till janthir wilds ,in janthir my bladesworn becames elemantalist 2.0 so ı dropped it, now he's collecting chest in bjora

Edited by Crowerus.5846
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

For those who try to say spear is fine coz dmg nerf was not as massive. I don't care about the dmg nerf on pve. Everything is playable there. But the utility nerf and mechanics nerf as well as dmg in competitive mode is what killed it for me. I am also sick of the accumulated nerfs to many of the classes i play. So, bb until proper balance patch 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Crowerus.5846 said:

i play bladesworn with daring dragon till janthir wilds ,in janthir my bladesworn becames elemantalist 2.0 so ı dropped it, now he's collecting chest in bjora

I agree with you in this point. Giving alac to bladesworn was huge mistake. Spellbreaker very fits to be support dps because of its design.