Why does armour dye looks black in "real" than hero tab view?

Vrok.6708

• Vrok.6708 changed the title to Why does armour dye looks black in "real" than hero tab view?
1 hour ago, Vrok.6708 said:

yes but painted red, looks completely black xDD

Some colors interact different when applied on different materials, leather, metal, cloth. The same color could look different on your pants and chest, for example. Also the lighting, like mr. bear had said. Try going to a different location. 

It could also be a bug, the Runic cape coloring has been bugged since they put it in the game. It is bug wars 2, after all. 

23 hours ago, Vrok.6708 said:

Hi guys, 

Dyed my armour, looks great on hero tab, once I close it, and walk around with my character, its looks black unless I zoom in super close, that I cant even see armour details lol

Is there something on settings I need to adjust?

For whatever reason the preview window doesn't show effects including lightning, infusions, etc.

Have you recently equipped one of these (they're rare rewards from Trick or Treat bags, from Halloween activities):
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polyluminescent_Undulating_Refractor_(Black)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polysaturating_Reverberating_Infusion_(Gray)

The Gray one is a lot more subtle, but can still make dyes look a lot darker, and doesn't necessarily change the rest of the character so much.

Alternatively it might help us to work out what's going on if you can post a screenshot with how your armour looks in the equipment screen and in the world. Without more info we're just having to guess at answers.

Edited by Danikat.8537

It's not only lighting, the preview window doesn't show all of the effects either. For example, Chaos of Lyssa doesn't show any preview detail at all on the central rotating faces - it's just a big glowing spot in the preview. viewed otherwise it looks normal, and the animation and details can be clearly seen.

The wiki page does mention adjusting the shaders for that one, so maybe look into that.