Openfield PvP maps and Ranged meta

Luna.9640

What's up with Anet creating maps that provides advantage to classes like rangers,deadeyes and rest of PewPew squad?

Teams with more ranged classes already seal the win voting for Coliseum or Capricorn and just pew pew all game long.

Where is the balanced play here ? where are the skirmishes ?

Can we get some obstacles around capture points so at least the defending players have some chance ?

In a large amount of games (expecially rpg) ranged>melee, nothing's new.Different classes have enough defences or movement skills to reach the enemy and kill him still if it's using ranged weapons. Thief and Warrior for example have enough movement skills to catch an enemy. At last, if you hate ranged classes equip a ranged weapon and use it until you go in melee.

Looking to different maps, there's maps that grant advantages to range, others to AoE and others to movement skills (like teleport) and in few areas the ranged classes have problems to keep the distance.But that's like this since...ever?I don't think that ANet will change so much the maps to make a better balance.ANet made some balance on the Battle of Kyhlo to make melee builds able to catch ranged builds in the mid and different little changes had been made to balance the overall game.

But, as always, range>melee. Like in every single game.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Fun fact: if tempest would became meta again it would made all pew pew builds extinct like it did with dh in season 2. You know..aoe projectile reflect on everybody around...Sometimes I still troll dedicated pew pew thiefs with tempest ^^.

I still play Tempest for ranked... Having Firebrand, Scourge and Staff Aura share Tempest on mid has wielded extremely positive results....My belief is: If scourge counter is ranged and our firebrand has already used his tome, the tempest can cover the scourges weak spots with magnetic aura spam and still be mobile. The extra heals is also very handy

@Luna.9640 said:What's up with Anet creating maps that provides advantage to classes like rangers,deadeyes and rest of PewPew squad?

Teams with more ranged classes already seal the win voting for Coliseum or Capricorn and just pew pew all game long.

Can we get some obstacles around capture points so at least the defending players have some chance ?

Salty scourge is salty. These wide open maps are the only thing giving anyone a chance vs you circle spammers.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

@Luna.9640 said:What's up with Anet creating maps that provides advantage to classes like rangers,deadeyes and rest of PewPew squad?

Salty scourge is salty. These wide open maps are the only thing giving anyone a chance vs you circle spammers.

I actually play reaper not a scourge for that exact reason about the scourge.

Not one of those broken class abusers - else i could just log my ranger and pew pew like rest.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Fun fact: if tempest would became meta again it would made all pew pew builds extinct like it did with dh in season 2. You know..aoe projectile reflect on everybody around...Sometimes I still troll dedicated pew pew thiefs with tempest ^^.Well if tempest became meta again people would just bring melee and pewpew mesmers who completely ignore you reflect.

See, balance.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Fun fact: if tempest would became meta again it would made all pew pew builds extinct like it did with dh in season 2. You know..aoe projectile reflect on everybody around...Sometimes I still troll dedicated pew pew thiefs with tempest ^^.Well if tempest became meta again people would just bring melee and pewpew mesmers who completely ignore you reflect.

See, balance.

Why? Tempest is garbage like all pew pew builds because of meta.

Archived