Sylvari are in the grave danger?

Michram.6853

We can see 7 seals in Fahranur, and they seem to be the experiments on Races. This one makes me wonder:

Subject 1-SStatus: ERROR

This S means Sylvari, right? The seal was broken...

I think all the Sylvari are in danger, because the Subject escaped, and it's most likely the scarab. What if it will corrupt the Tree?

I think '1' means the number of Scarabs, 'S' means Sylvari.

I think you're reading a bit too much into it.The 1 could also be chocolate and the S could be Silverbacks, an orrian gorilla species.

What i mean is, there is no hint that 1-S refers to anything more than a labelling system for the subject itself.It's probably the first specimen of the S sample, or something and it could be literally anything. But agreed, or could be a hint to something that will appear next chapter.

But don't worry about the Sylvari

It is true that Palawa Joko is researching the Scarab plague in an attempt to replicate it. Which is a hint he's not behind the original plague that ended the Primeval dynasty (or it was a fluke and he doesn't know how to replicate it).

@"Arden.7480" said:We can see 7 seals in Fahranur, and they seem to be the experiments on Races. This one makes me wonder:

I think all the Sylvari are in danger, because the Subject escaped, and it's most likely the scarab. What if it will corrupt the Tree?

Subject 8362-T- dormant state

Subject 23-C- extinct state

Subject 3-H- active state

Subject 1-S Error

Subject 3442- A- dormant state

Subject 7436- N- active state

Subject 436- X- dormant state

Are you implying that it takes 7,436 scarabs and a norn would still be alive? While just 23 for charr? No. Because there are seven containers, not five, and while we do have N, A, H, S, and C we also have T and X. There's nothing to indicate a correlation, let alone "number refers to quantity of scarabs" (because I cannot see an asura surviving 3442 scarabs in its body).

There's likely no correlation here, and people are reading too much into it. People do this all the time. What with "Scarlet is making Primordus active" after her poem of fire and destruction, or "Jennah is Lyssa!" stuff. Or how about "Anise is Livia!" and "Exalted are mursaat!" People go hypetrain all the damn time, and go into bandwagon crazy theoristic sessions all the time. A good 85% of them if not more are wrong.

Now, the number could refer to the number of subjects ran by. The letter would be the categorization - could be race, but then what's X? Miscellaneous? And what's T? Tengu, perhaps, but why and how would they capture 8,000 isolated tengu?

Most likely, however, the letter refers to a classification of scarab - there's more than one after all - and the number refers to either the individual scarab or a hive. Under this line of thought, they've likely been testing the resilience of the scarabs, rather than the effectiveness of scarabs killing people. The Scarab Plague has already proven its effectiveness as a weapon - if the Inquest were at all interested in the plague, they'd be figuring out ways to make sure they can control it, either in a direct manner or by knowing how to end or prevent it.

Joko would be interested in that as well - he could undoubtably recreate a Scarab Plague at will with a bit of study, but preventing its spread or stopping it? That's much harder to learn, and Joko wants to rule over a nation of dead and living.

@"Arden.7480" said:We can see 7 seals in Fahranur, and they seem to be the experiments on Races. This one makes me wonder:

Actually you probably misinterpreted it completely. Assuming you are correct that the letters stand for the race initials, then the ERROR is probably the best thing for the Sylvari right now. It rather means that the Scarabs cannot infest Sylvari and there is a good explanation for that:Many trees produce Resin which is often used as natural protection against insects by trapping them in it. Thus the Sylvari being "tree people" their bodies probably also produce some kind of resin, which resulted in the experiment being a total failure when attempted on Sylvari hence they get ERROR only.

Archived