Bugged Ranger Pet Attack Animations - Disjointing Attacks and Unaffected by Quickness

Johnny.1634

Please do fix this! It's quite disappointing to see how many issues affect pets in general in this game. From ranger pet's myriad of issues to issues with clones and minions, it seems this game has never really gotten the hang of companions. On top of this bug, another I've noticed is that pets seem to completely fail at staying stowed away. Even the slightest misstep such as entering and exiting water will unstow a pet which is incredibly frustrating at times such as during jumping puzzles.

@Leo.3428 said:I was considering playing ranger again lately. If I understand correctly, I should stick to spiders and scorpions? Delightful...Did ArenaNet ever acknowledge the issue, at least once? I cannot see this in the list of known issues.

They have, but they're ignoring it like the plague :( thats why we're trying to get as much support as possible to report the hell out of it ingame and in here xD

I see now. I'm coming back from the archives and I'm afraid we are going to get bugged panda pets in a year or two.Then, if the Cantha expansion is very successful, maybe the issue will be looked into eventually...I'll have a closer look at it when I run my ranger. Thank you for raising awareness, Johnny.

@Leo.3428 said:I see now. I'm coming back from the archives and I'm afraid we are going to get bugged panda pets in a year or two.Then, if the Cantha expansion is very successful, maybe the issue will be looked into eventually...I'll have a closer look at it when I run my ranger. Thank you for raising awareness, Johnny.

Yeah thats what I fear :(Thanks for the support! Hope we get this fixed soon :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been struggling to achieve any semblance of decent dps with Ranger. It seemed very strange to me; from what I could gather, it should be easier to get higher dps because pets are basically passive dps, requiring little-to-no skill/input, right? Compare this to, say, Elementalist, where hitting your profession mechanics at the right times can increase your dps by 20-30% very easily, and it just didn't make sense to me.

Finally decided to try out Mechanist recently, thinking it might be comparable to Ranger, and holy wtf something weird is going on. My Mech was easily doing 4.2k solo dps despite my Engi having some pretty standard mostly-dps Exotic gear. That jumps up to 8.4k+ with full boons and 25 Vulnerability; almost exactly double.

I tested a bunch of Ranger pets, and just couldn't get any of them do more than about 1.5k solo dps. Popping on all boons made basically no difference for some reason. After a bit of testing, I realise that the boons on my pet were expiring, despite staying indefinitely on my character. But this wasn't the case with the Mech; it just inherited all boons by default and they stayed on, whereas I had to actually tell the Arena Console to "Copy all boons to my pet".

Additionally, watching how they fight... pets seem to stop for a second or two between each attack, kind of like NPC enemies; whereas Mechs stop for less time, less frequently.

So... Ranger pets are treated very differently to Engi Mechs.

Not sure if the Quickness bug still exists, as ANet actually mentioned fixing it (for felines only?) in the 23 August patch.

But something certainly is going on - whether it be bugs, anomalies, balance... I'm not sure - that really needs to be looked into. Mech should probably be treated to a reduction in power, and Ranger pets should probably be buffed. Any bugs or anomalies really need to be looked into as well considering how long this has been going on, and it's affecting the main profession mechanic for an entire class.

Edit: Apologies for last edit; I completely derped some of my testing.

Edited by SponTen.1267
Poor quality testing on my part