9/2/18 Update Notes

ArmageddonAsh.6430

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Mesmer:

• Illusionary Ambush: This skill no longer interrupts phantasms.
  • Tides of Time: Updated aiming calculations for this skill so that it more accurately reflects the intended firing direction while the caster is moving. The wave will now attempt to fire in the aimed direction relative to the player character's facing.
  • Imaginary Axes: Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
  • Axes of Symmetry: Now applies torment instead of confusion. Previous durations unchanged.
  • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced might duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Winds of Chaos: Reduced bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused clones using this skill to inflict vulnerability instead of torment. Reduced torment duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Chaos Vortex: Readjusted condition application on this skill to apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds, 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds, and 1 stack of torment for 8 seconds. Fixed a bug that allowed this attack to hit the same target multiple times.
  • Duelist's Discipline: Increased bleeding chance to 100%. Decreased bleeding duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds. (Please note that the previous skill fact for this trait that listed 6 seconds was incorrect, and the trait previously inflicted 5 seconds of bleeding.)
  • Imagined Burden: Fixed a bug that caused the 25% damage reduction skill fact to appear on greatsword skills it did not apply to.
  • Phantasmal Mage: Fixed a bug that caused the daze from this phantasm's attack from benefiting from the Confounding Suggestions trait.

Mostly expected changes, i did have a feeling that Imagined Burden was acting a little odd when used with Mirage. Not sure if it was doing the same with base or Chrono.

Why then leave confusion in the skills of mirage? :/Maybe it's better to remake everything under a torment and remove the confusion forever. :angry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, along with many others. I am only slightly confused about the Confusion changes Though i am not shocked at all that Anet did this. Remember, they are also the people that gave Necro Dhuumfire when they asked for sustain and then went ahead and nerfed the crap out of loads of things when they saw people saying that it would be broken turned out to be correct.

I mean, what they SHOULD Have done as mentioned about a million times is split the condition from PvE and WvW/PvP but instead, guess they deemed it too much work and just did this instead :/

@bart.3687 said:Why can't we have pve/pvp split? Confusion was fine before the patch. Why would you destroy something that works fine?This is a failure.

The only reason I can think of is they can't mechanically split conditions, only numbers. As they decided to erase the condition damage multiplier from the ticking damage for PvP, they also had to do for PvE. You know, because it's no longer in the formula.

Should this really be the case - why not change back to the old mechanic, but set the multiplier to the smallest possible value for PvP.With a 0.005 multiplier 1500 condition damage will increase the ticking part from 10 to 17.5, which is still essentially zero.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@squallaus.8321 said:i think if they fix that bug power chrono might reach 40k.

It's an annoying bug but shouldn't affect any dps once you're aware of it.

I imagine it completely messes with the continuum split burst portion.

You can play around it in pve just fine, but it can probably cripple you in pvp.Edit: After some more testing with it, it seems that the iAvenger also has the same problem with Chronophantasma (even without ether signet).Nevermind, it really seems to be only with Ether Signet.

Archived