Mouse Cursor Showing when it should be hidden - Discord Related?

Edit: (@Arenanet staff) I'm editing collated information into this post for easy access. This thread was originally titled "Action Camera Graphical Issue" but it has become apparent the issue is with the Mouse cursor and is not exclusive to using action camera. (In-game bug report has been submitted at 13:56PM GMT 16Feb2018) I left a link to this thread.

The issue:-The mouse cursor will be showing on screen when mouse2 is held to turn the camera.AND-The mouse cursor will be showing when action camera is on.

Unnaffected Functions:-Action camera will still function as intended, targets are based off the crosshair-dot, including ground target AoE's.-The mouse cursor remains functionally disabled ie: does not execute an interaction when pressing mouse1 during action camera.-Mouse1 still makes the player move forwards if mouse2 is being held.-The mouse cursor does not move outside of the client window so it's still unable to click on things that it shouldn't, in either case.(Basically all functions are the same, the only change is the mouse cursor showing when it should be invisible.)

Workarounds:-Sometimes this can be fixed by toggling it off and alt+tabbing or pressing things at random and then toggling it back on. 99% of the time it requires a full client restart to fix.

I can't post a screenshot of this as the mouse cursor blinks away when I use Print Screen, which is the only time this happens during the bug.

Edited Extra Information from this thread.

@Nayaru.4716 said:Patterns I'm noticing:1) After some time it will just occur when I have not left the game client (Or done anything special that I can tell).2) Regularly when I alt+tab I will tab back to the game to find the issue has occurred.

Reasonably ruled out the cause being overlays by testing to reproduce this issue with ArcDPS uninstalled and installed, also for TaCo.

Another bug post made relating to the mouse being visible during camera rotation (Holding down mouse 2):

So questions for the community:1) Do you experience this issue and how long have you been experiencing it for?2) Do you know any workarounds that work reliably, other than client restart?3) Have you noticed any patterns where this occurs more often or less often?

I have a theory that it may be due to an overlay and the only one I'm currently using regularly is arcdps, so I've tried reinstalling arcdps and if that fails I will remove it altogether to see if this changes. Edit: I tabbed back to the game after writing this and the issue had occurred. Uninstalling arcdps now.

I met another player who uses action cam but doesn't use any overlays and they haven't experienced this issue which made me think about this possible fix.

Tried a whole load of different clickings and alt+tabbings to fix it again but no dice. I can't seem to work out what causes this because sometimes I'll go for hours without it happening and then I can have times (like just now and during a previous post) where I've tabbed out while my character is loading in (after a full restart) and I go back to the game and this has happened already.

Patterns I'm noticing:1) After some time it will just occur when I have not left the game client (Or done anything special that I can tell).2) Regularly when I alt+tab I will tab back to the game to find the issue has occurred.

Reasonably ruled out the cause being because of arcdps or other overlays

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, definitely the discord overlay for me. When I shut down discord and restarted the game, no mouse problems. Then I started up discord and the issue returned. Then I disabled the overlay (without restarting the game, by the way) and the cursor behaved normally again. I'm sad, because before this new trouble, the discord overlay was finally working well!

I do not have the Discord overlay, use action cam, or have TacO enabled but I do have ArcDPS. I have never experienced this issue up until yesterday. When I start up my computer and load into GW2 for the first time, I'm getting this bug. Exiting to desktop and re-logging has worked each of the three times. A bit annoying and I'm not really sure how to stop it from happening, and not sure what caused it in the first place. But so far it has not occurred mid-play, when switching maps or characters, or anything like that.

**Edit. Our power went out and back on, so computer rebooted. This time I didn't get the bug when I logged in, but it showed up after I waypointed for the first time. Was fixed upon relog.

I'm coming to believe it's related to discord going by my experiences since my last post and other comments here. I have disabled the discord overlay and always have done as I can't get it to work with gw2 anyway BUT I am now only getting this bug when I have discord open. Since my last post I've been playing a lot without discord open in the background and not once has this bug occured until I've opened discord and then it's a ticking clock on how long till this issue occurs, I'm lucky if I get 15mins. I play in "Window" mode. I have had arcdps running this whole time.

I'm glad that I found this post! Asking in map chat didn't result in anyone answering.

Disabling the Discord overlay and then restarting the game client also worked for me. Thank you so much for that suggestion, Elementalist Owner!

Running Discord still works and doesn't result in this problem as long as I keep the overlay off. I will update this if I see that it returns after some time even without using the overlay. That's a bit of a shame as I did like to use the overlay.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Logitech G series mouse. I can confirm Discord does indeed mess with the mouse cursor and even colors presets for controls, this also messes with what control sets you are using, not sure who would be responsible for the fix though? My thinking is Discord. However I have also noticed a different mouse bug where the mouse is "unlocking" from targets or auto-targeting targets I don't want targeted. This is without Discord or its services in the system running. The real "bug in the system!" :o I'll try and post a video of the mouse problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived