Voice actors changed again?

Wuselknusel.4082

I've been playing as female Sylvari and I noticed that the voice of my character is completely unfamiliar to me. I know that changing the voice actor isn't done just because, but if I had any connection to my character left, it now certainly is gone. I would've appreciated a voice actress that sounds closer to the original female Sylvari voice. Now she shounds more like a female Human or even a Norn.

You realize, most voice acting is done near the end of production, and with the amount of time between expansions, it's completely possible for a voice actor to not be able to replicate the voice they did previously. Especially when the voice they used differs drastically from their actual voice and/or is a voice they don't use frequently for other projects.

@Zaltys.7649 said:Male Asura definitely sounds different (and seems to have different vocal attitude, sounds far more serious than before). Not sure about female, that sounded unfamiliar too but not as clearly as the male.

I didn't play through HoT with my female asura, but from core to PoF the voice sounds way off. Less inflection, she basically sounds bored the whole time while in core she seemed a bit more excited. Not a fan of it. I'll go back to HoT story a bit afterwards to see if it changed there or for PoF.

@Loboling.5293 said:Human male sounded a bit off a times, I think I heard my character growl.... But at least 99% of the time it sounds right.

Human male might be due to the attitude change. He's noticeably more annoyed and seems to have less time for peoples crap right now. Not sure how the other VO's have voiced those lines since I haven't heard them.

@Zaltys.7649 said:Male Asura definitely sounds different (and seems to have different vocal attitude, sounds far more serious and angry than before). Not sure about female, that sounded unfamiliar too but not as clearly as the male.

Really, I didn't notice any change. In fact, I always thought it's the same voice from day one. But I will pay more attention from now on.

I main sylvari females. The voice is the same, just with some of that no nonsense tone we heard in HoT. Which I excuse because majority of our life has been chasing one baddie after another and a part in season 3 really showed us how much the commander holds on their shoulders. They've been taking personal responsibility for a lot of things. That weighs you down. That's how the voice in Hot sounded and that's how it sometimes sounds now. Which makes me love the voice more. I hear the weight of her duty in that voice.

@Cynn.1659 said:It's still the same voice actor. You can't replace jennifer hale. Now you are femshep, i mean pact commander, and not some lovely nature spirit.

But i really liked that lovely nature spirit. Now she just sound like a heartless stone :'(Now i cant play my sylvari female in any story. I stick with my female asura for every story content because she still have the same spirit from the original personal story.

@DearlyMe.5320 said:I main sylvari females. The voice is the same, just with some of that no nonsense tone we heard in HoT. Which I excuse because majority of our life has been chasing one baddie after another and a part in season 3 really showed us how much the commander holds on their shoulders. They've been taking personal responsibility for a lot of things. That weighs you down. That's how the voice in Hot sounded and that's how it sometimes sounds now. Which makes me love the voice more. I hear the weight of her duty in that voice.

basically this the Female Silvari is deffo the same in the OG game she just came out the dream, was new to the world and naive, but she then she has been the commander of an army taken down some dragons and is now a major hard nut who takes no shit.

@Kalli.4506 said:

@Cynn.1659 said:It's still the same voice actor. You can't replace jennifer hale. Now you are femshep, i mean pact commander, and not some lovely nature spirit.

But i really liked that lovely nature spirit. Now she just sound like a heartless stone :'(Now i cant play my sylvari female in any story. I stick with my female asura for every story content because she still have the same spirit from the original personal story.

the thing is, you wouldn't have the same spirit if you had seen and been through all the shit your character has,

Archived