[Elite Suggestion] Witchhunter

Regon Phoenix.8215

Adept Minor Trait (Necessary Evil)Unlock Pistol for your main-hand and allow you to use Traps.Replace Death Shroud with Contracts.Replace your normal dodge with Death's Escape

F1: Contract with DeathEnter Death Shroud.

F2: Contract with ReaperEnter Reaper's Shroud.

F3: Contract with ScourgeEnter Desert Shroud.

Death's EscapeJump backwards (away from your target) while evading, gain vigor and deal damage to nearby enemies.Jump range: 450Evade: 1 secVigor: 4 secDamage (2x): 500 (scales with power)

Adept Major Trait LineMajor Trait 1 (Good Luck Bell)Heal yourself for 50 (scales with healing power) health every time a nearby enemy gains a boon. Radius: 600.Major Trait 2 (Adaptation to Wickedness)Placing one of your tarps while in combat will remove 1 condition from you.Major Trait 3 (Silent, Deadly and Unstoppable)Killing an enemy will grant you 6 sec of superspeed and 3 sec of stealth.

Master Minor Trait (If You Can't Walk - Crawl)Allow you to move slowly while you are downed and you can use all your downed state abilities while moving.

Master Major Trait LineMajor Trait 4 (Stolen Strength)Gain 1 stack of might for 8 sec every time you copy or corrupt a boon.Major Trait 5 (Keep Evil at Bay)Critical attacks with your pistol inflict cripple, slow or chill at random. Gain 150 bonus precision.Major Trait 6 (Bounty Collection)Downing and/or killing an enemy will grant you 5 sec of quickness and 8 sec of fury.

Grandmaster Minor Trait (Some People Simply Refuse to Die)Take 25% less damage while you are downed and deal 15% more damage against downed enemies.

Grandmaster Major Trait LineMajor Trait 7 (Wicked Medic)Gain 120 bonus healing power and share 20% of all healing you take with nearby allies. Radius: 600.Major Trait 8 (Drop and Roll)Your Death's Escape becomes available to you while you are downed and Death's Escape will always remove 1 damaging condition from you.Major Trait 9 (Nasty Surprise)Daze nearby enemies for 1.5 sec when you enter shroud. Radius: 600.

Pistol 1 (Luck Sapping Shot)Shoot at your target and deal more per boon on your target.Casting time: 1/2 secRange: 600Damage: 300 (scales with power)Bonus damage per boon: 30 (scales with power)Life fore generated: 3%Projectile

Pistol 2 (Illuminate the Dark)Release a flare above yourself which after a delay will reveal nearby enemies and blind them every sec.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 12 secRadius: 450Delay: 1 secDuration: 3 secReveal: 1 secBlindness: 1 sec

Pistol 3 (Witchhunter's Secret Bullet)Load your pistol with magic bullet. Next attack with this bullet will deal bonus damage and copy 1 boon from your target to yourself.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 5 secBonus damage: 200 (scales with power)Duration: 10 sec

Healing Trap (Trap the Devils)Heal yourself and place a trap. If an enemy walk too close to this trap, then it will trigger causing this trap to copy up to 2 boons from nearby enemies to you.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 30 secHealing: 3500 (scales with healing power)Trap duration: 30 secBoon copy radius: 600Boon copy transfer range: 1500

Utility Trap 1 (Trap the Restless)Place a trap. If an enemy walks too close to this trap, then it will trigger corrupting boons on nearby enemies.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 30 secNumber of boons corrupted: 3Trap duration: 30 secRadius: 600

Utility Trap 2 (Trap the Exorcists)Place a trap. If an enemy walks too close to this trap, then it will trigger creating a force field. Enemies who try to enter force field will suffer damage and will be knocked back.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 40 secKnock back range: 120Damage: 200 (scales with power)Radius: 450Trap duration: 30 secField duration: 4 sec

Utility Trap 3 (Trap the Plague)Place a trap. If an enemy walks too close to this trap, then it will trigger bleeding, poisoning, tormenting and burning nearby enemies.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 60 secRadius: 600Bleed: 2 stacks for 10 secPoison: 2 stacks for 5 secTorment: 1 stack for 5 secBurning: 1 stack for 3 secTrap duration: 30 sec

Elite Trap (Trap the Time-walkers)Place a trap. If an enemy walks too close to this trap, then it will trigger creating special zone which slowly pulls enemies towards its center and damages them.Casting time: 1/4 secCooldown: 90 secRadius: 600Pulling speed: 66% of normal running speedDamage per 1/2 sec: 100 (scales with power and condition damage)Duration: 5 secTrap duration: 30 sec

Man, Can you post every your idea into 1 thread?Necro section Is real mess even without "my elite idea #32" dont take it personaly.Maybe sometime (after missclick) some lost dev will see What you created! And everything Will be in 1 pack!! So he Will read them all without interupting!

Even doe i appreciate some suggestions, could you try to follow anets rules?

Make 3 traits that boost your dmg3 that buff something and 3 for utility?

Like for scourge. All upper traits are increase supportMiddle ones boost dmgBottom ones favour boon corrupt

@"Catchyfx.5768" said:Man, Can you post every your idea into 1 thread?Necro section Is real mess even without "my elite idea #32" dont take it personaly.Maybe sometime (after missclick) some lost dev will see What you created! And everything Will be in 1 pack!! So he Will read them all without interupting!

Can't keep my pc up for a week, because i never know when i will get an idea.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Even doe i appreciate some suggestions, could you try to follow anets rules?

Like for scourge. All upper traits are increase supportMiddle ones boost dmgBottom ones favour boon corrupt

That doesn't make any sense.

Yes it does. With elite specs, anet followed a theme with each trait line. Take the middle traits on Reaper for example. They all are Chill related: 1st one dealing damage and chill vs an already chilled foe. 2nd one grants you might and life force for hitting a chilled foe. And 3rd grants bleeding whenever you inflict chill.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Even doe i appreciate some suggestions, could you try to follow anets rules?

That doesn't make any sense.

Yes it does. With elite specs, anet followed a theme with each trait line. Take the middle traits on Reaper for example. They all are Chill related: 1st one dealing damage and chill vs an already chilled foe. 2nd one grants you might and life force for hitting a chilled foe. And 3rd grants bleeding whenever you inflict chill.

Augury of death - buffChilling nova - damageRelentless pursuit - utilitySoul eater - buffChilling victory - buffDecimate defenses - damageBlighter's boon - buffDeathly chill - damageReaper's onslaught - damage

Damage - 4Buff - 4Utility - 1

So, again, your theory doesn't make sense.

Reaper:First line: survivability (1 trait life siphon on shout, 2nd trait regen on GS, 3rd trait sustain when generating boon)Second line: Chill focus (1 trait Damage when hitting chill foe, 2 trait chill on fear, 3 trait might and life force on hitting chilled foe, 4 trait chill duration and improve damage on chilled foe, 5 trait bleed when you chill a foe)third traitline: Movie monster (1 trait prevent movement impairement effect, 2 trait exploit vulnerability, 3 trait is focused on slaughtering your foe)

Scourge:First line: support (1 trait might and condi cleanse when apply a barrier, 2 trait more barrier, 3 trait more coverage to apply your support)Second line: conditions (1 trait longer conditions, 2 trait allow you to apply more conditions, 3 trait torment deal more damage and you apply more conditions)third line: Corruption (1 trait gain LF when you corrupt, 2 trait corrupt more, 3 trait gain the boons you corrupt)

It's not a theory, anet create e-spec traitlines based on the thematics they want to develop. The reaper is supposed to be a movie monster that you can't shake, can't kill and whose deadly act freeze your heart in fear. As for scourge, he is supposed to be a walking plague that weaken it's foes and protect it's allies with sand barriers.

In the process of creating an e-spec, anet, most likely, start by creating a thematic and then thread throught it to create trait and skills with balanced "roles". For example they could decide to explore the "vampire" thematic. The first question that they need to answer is: What's a vampire? To this, the answer could be very dumb and be: a blood sucker. Or, it could be detailed to something like:

"A refined gentleman that bewitch it's prey, which is elusive and deal with blood, even feeding on it".

From this sentence that can define the thematic, you can then focus on different subthematic:

• "refined gentleman" can lead to the idea of noble's weapon (usually sword or pistol for duelling) .
  • "that bewitch it's prey" can lead to the idea of "taunting foes" and confusing.
  • "Elusive" can give you the feel of someone that is swift, can disengage easily.
  • "Deal with blood" lead toward a bleed focus.
  • "feed on blood" is there for blood siphon.

From there you can attach this thematic to the necromancer's thematic and then conbine everything into a "picture" of what you want, creating the skeletton of your traitlines by answering the question: what do I want my lines to focus on? For example:

• Up: Bleed
  • middle: bewitching
  • Bot: mobility

You then start to design the rough idea of the skills that can support these thematics.... etc.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Reaper:First line: survivability (1 trait life siphon on shout, 2nd trait regen on GS, 3rd trait sustain when generating boon)Second line: Chill focus (1 trait Damage when hitting chill foe, 2 trait chill on fear, 3 trait might and life force on hitting chilled foe, 4 trait chill duration and improve damage on chilled foe, 5 trait bleed when you chill a foe)third traitline: Movie monster (1 trait prevent movement impairement effect, 2 trait exploit vulnerability, 3 trait is focused on slaughtering your foe)

Scourge:First line: support (1 trait might and condi cleanse when apply a barrier, 2 trait more barrier, 3 trait more coverage to apply your support)Second line: conditions (1 trait longer conditions, 2 trait allow you to apply more conditions, 3 trait torment deal more damage and you apply more conditions)third line: Corruption (1 trait gain LF when you corrupt, 2 trait corrupt more, 3 trait gain the boons you corrupt)

It's not a theory, anet create e-spec traitlines based on the thematics they want to develop. The reaper is supposed to be a movie monster that you can't shake, can't kill and whose deadly act freeze your heart in fear. As for scourge, he is supposed to be a walking plague that weaken it's foes and protect it's allies with sand barriers.

In the process of creating an e-spec, anet, most likely, start by creating a thematic and then thread throught it to create trait and skills with balanced "roles". For example they could decide to explore the "vampire" thematic. The first question that they need to answer is: What's a vampire? To this, the answer could be very dumb and be: a blood sucker. Or, it could be detailed to something like:

"A refined gentleman that bewitch it's prey, which is elusive and deal with blood, even feeding on it".

From this sentence that can define the thematic, you can then focus on different subthematic:

• "refined gentleman" can lead to the idea of noble's weapon (usually sword or pistol for duelling) .
  • "that bewitch it's prey" can lead to the idea of "taunting foes" and confusing.
  • "Elusive" can give you the feel of someone that is swift, can disengage easily.
  • "Deal with blood" lead toward a bleed focus.
  • "feed on blood" is there for blood siphon.

From there you can attach this thematic to the necromancer's thematic and then conbine everything into a "picture" of what you want, creating the skeletton of your traitlines by answering the question: what do I want my lines to focus on? For example:

• Up: Bleed
  • middle: bewitching
  • Bot: mobility

You then start to design the rough idea of the skills that can support these thematics.... etc.

So, essentially your theory falls flat after first line of reaper, because all other lines do not make sense.

Also, looks like i need to quote myself, so:

First lineHeal yourself for 50 (scales with healing power) health every time a nearby enemy gains a boon. Radius: 600.+Gain 1 stack of might for 8 sec every time you copy or corrupt a boon.+Gain 120 bonus healing power and share 20% of all healing you take with nearby allies. Radius: 600.

=

Healing yourself when gaining boons. Gain boon when corrupting or copying boons. Bonus healing power and AOE healing when you heal yourself. So, thematically it would be something which gains boons, heals itself and also heal others. In other words = a support. And oh, just look at that, it is thematic. Looks like you skipper all that, but lets move on.

Second linePlacing one of your tarps while in combat will remove 1 condition from you.+Critical attacks with your pistol inflict cripple, slow or chill at random. Gain 150 bonus precision.+Your Death's Escape becomes available to you while you are downed and Death's Escape will always remove 1 damaging condition from you.

=

Encourage to use traps who against melee enemies (and condition cleanse). Slows for kitting melee enemies. Improved retreat option which also works as condition cleanse.Oh, looky here, it seems that this trait line works as anti-melee character focused on movement and kitting. It is as if all of it fit one theme.

Third lineKilling an enemy will grant you 6 sec of superspeed and 3 sec of stealth.+Downing and/or killing an enemy will grant you 5 sec of quickness and 8 sec of fury.+Daze nearby enemies for 1.5 sec when you enter shroud. Radius: 600.

=

Focus on killing enemies. Focus on killing/downing enemies. CC on shroud which would also help to finish an enemy because quickness+daze=fast finishing. Wait, what is this? Isn't this fit a thematic of character focused solely on finishing enemies.

So what is your witchhunter in a short sentence, it's image?

I'm a bit to tired to sort throught all you wrote and I was only commenting on your "your theory doesn't make sense".

But, here is some food for thought:

• Why do the witch hunter have DS, RS and desert shroud? What support this ability of his? To what end?
  • What are the underlying thematic of the necromancer and how can this spec be related to these thematic?
  • Damage, support or kitting are not thematics. "Hard to kill", "untouchable", "movie monster", "chilling" or even "fearful" are thematics. You are mistaking gameplay and thematics which are very different things.

If I had to try my luck on the witchhunter thematic, how would I define a witchhunter? I'd say that it's a character animated by hatred, thirsting for vengeance and which is ready to disregard himself and use every mean possible to achieve it's goal.

Coupled with the necromancer it's a perfect match for skills that ask you to sacrifice something for an effect (corruption on the core necromancer) which open the door to some utility which would be corruptions 2.0. By using a technologic weapon, the witchhunter part with the main branch of the necromancy which focus more on magic ("every mean possible"). There is also the scent of retaliation or something close at least and probably something that punish foe for having boons on them (a lot like the spell breaker thematic but "darker")

Thus, I'd go with something close to this:

• Up: traits that grant you benefits when you "sacrifice" something and/or draw condition from your allies. Utility skills trait lie there.
  • middle: Boon hate but with a power based focus instead of the condition based focus that the necromancer is used to. Weapon trait is here.
  • down: Trait that punish player from hitting you or make use of this like: when you are struck while under the effect of the shroud, gain ferocity stacks for X seconds, stack y time.

Then come a fitting mechanic, This can be everything at this point, but for the sake of diversity, I'd go with a shroud without 2nd life bar that however give a 50% damage reduction that reduce as your life force disappear. This shroud would be a melee shroud, with a gap closer, an invul skill, a fear skill and a channeled skill that spread retaliation (or something alike) to the character allies.

The weapon might be a riffle or a pistol with vicous skills that are more aimed to make the foe suffer than to kill it swiftly ("hatred") but keep the foe in a controlled state.

The utility skill should be forbiden ritual that even common necromancer would avoid to use due to the effects involved. There should be at least a summon skill, everything else is up to imagination granted that it must feel like something that nobody would want to do yet still effective in the end.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:So what is your witchhunter in a short sentence, it's image?

I'm a bit to tired to sort throught all you wrote and I was only commenting on your "your theory doesn't make sense".

But, here is some food for thought:

• Why do the witch hunter have DS, RS and desert shroud? What support this ability of his? To what end?
  • What are the underlying thematic of the necromancer and how can this spec be related to these thematic?
  • Damage, support or kitting are not thematics. "Hard to kill", "untouchable", "movie monster", "chilling" or even "fearful" are thematics. You are mistaking gameplay and thematics which are very different things.

If I had to try my luck on the witchhunter thematic, how would I define a witchhunter? I'd say that it's a character animated by hatred, thirsting for vengeance and which is ready to disregard himself and use every mean possible to achieve it's goal.

Coupled with the necromancer it's a perfect match for skills that ask you to sacrifice something for an effect (corruption on the core necromancer) which open the door to some utility which would be corruptions 2.0. By using a technologic weapon, the witchhunter part with the main branch of the necromancy which focus more on magic ("every mean possible"). There is also the scent of retaliation or something close at least and probably something that punish foe for having boons on them (a lot like the spell breaker thematic but "darker")

Thus, I'd go with something close to this:

• Up: traits that grant you benefits when you "sacrifice" something and/or draw condition from your allies. Utility skills trait lie there.
  • middle: Boon hate but with a power based focus instead of the condition based focus that the necromancer is used to. Weapon trait is here.
  • down: Trait that punish player from hitting you or make use of this like: when you are struck while under the effect of the shroud, gain ferocity stacks for X seconds, stack y time.

Then come a fitting mechanic, This can be everything at this point, but for the sake of diversity, I'd go with a shroud without 2nd life bar that however give a 50% damage reduction that reduce as your life force disappear. This shroud would be a melee shroud, with a gap closer, an invul skill, a fear skill and a channeled skill that spread retaliation (or something alike) to the character allies.

The weapon might be a riffle or a pistol with vicous skills that are more aimed to make the foe suffer than to kill it swiftly ("hatred") but keep the foe in a controlled state.

The utility skill should be forbiden ritual that even common necromancer would avoid to use due to the effects involved. There should be at least a summon skill, everything else is up to imagination granted that it must feel like something that nobody would want to do yet still effective in the end.

Witchhunter, in one sentence: Dark anti-hero who uses dark art to combat other dark beings.

1) Why do the witch hunter have DS, RS and desert shroud? What support this ability of his? To what end? Thematics and versatility. Witchunter is someone who made a deal with a "devil" to gain the power to hunt down wicked creatures. And to that end, it can adapt to deal with any situation: death shroud fro range combat, reaper shroud for melee combat, desert shroud for defense in a sense that witchunter can make a deal with other necromancers to borrow their power.2) What are the underlying thematic of the necromancer and how can this spec be related to these thematic? Core necromancer - someone who uses dark magic for good or evil. Witchunter - someone who borrows dark magic for good. In a sense witchunter would be not a typical necromancer, but someone who made contract with the death in order to borrow necromancer powers to combat similar enemies. You know the saying: "Sometimes to combat evil you need other kind of evil".3) Damage, support or kitting are not thematics. "Hard to kill", "untouchable", "movie monster", "chilling" or even "fearful" are thematics. You are mistaking gameplay and thematics which are very different things. "Kitting" and "untouchable" are not literally synonyms? What?

1) There is no "devil" in gw2, or at least it as yet to appear. Thought the main issue is probably that you don't understand what the shroud is. This is not something that you have to contract for, this is how the necromancer express himself when he clad himself in death, this is how he use the power that he harnessed. In the case of core necromancer, it throw the energy to the face of it's foes, reaper use it to cleave at it's foe and scourge have it overflowing from him like an aura of decay.

2) is where you are majorly wrong, the GW2 necromancer is not someone that use dark magic for good or evil. The GW2 necromancer is one that seek death, there is an underlying will to become one with death yet still be "alive", this is that thematic that led to the conception of the shroud and this is the shroud as a big chunck of health point that led to the idea of a profession whose main ability is to be able to soak damage with health point. Which then led to the condition management role.

3) That's semantic, "kitting" address directly a gameplay, "untouchable" have a broad meaning which could mean that it's hard to catch it as much as it could mean that for your own good you shouldn't touch it.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:1) There is no "devil" in gw2, or at least it as yet to appear. Thought the main issue is probably that you don't understand what the shroud is. This is not something that you have to contract for, this is how the necromancer express himself when he clad himself in death, this is how he use the power that he harnessed. In the case of core necromancer, it throw the energy to the face of it's foes, reaper use it to cleave at it's foe and scourge have it overflowing from him like an aura of decay.

Entire Legendary Demon Stance of Revenant says otherwise.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:2) is where you are majorly wrong, the GW2 necromancer is not someone that use dark magic for good or evil. The GW2 necromancer is one that seek death, there is an underlying will to become one with death yet still be "alive", this is that thematic that led to the conception of the shroud and this is the shroud as a big chunck of health point that led to the idea of a profession whose main ability is to be able to soak damage with health point. Which then led to the condition management role.

[Literally first line of description by Anet about necromancer: "Practitioners of the dark arts, necromancers summon minions, wield the power of ritual, and heal themselves with blood magic."](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/necromancer/ "Literally first line of description by Anet about necromancer: "Practitioners of the dark arts, necromancers summon minions, wield the power of ritual, and heal themselves with blood magic."") So, it clear that i am not the wrong one here.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:3) That's semantic, "kitting" address directly a gameplay, "untouchable" have a broad meaning which could mean that it's hard to catch it as much as it could mean that for your own good you shouldn't touch it.

Fix: Kitter.

Demon and devil are different things and revenant deal with vastly different things that the necromancer did. But you are right in pointing this out, indeed your e-spec might be more fitting of a revenant instead of a necromancer, because making a pact with a powerfull entity is their line of work, not the necromancer's.

You have some issue in differenciating concept (thematic) and gameplay and that's why there is no point for me to argue further with you. You just don't understand what I'm saying to you. I'm describing you the conception process, the will behind the profession's tools and you just hammer me the superficial aspect of the tools. What is the shroud? This is what I described you, it's certainly not something that you contract for.

Know that they changed profession's description, for example ranger used to be described as a character with unparalleled range ability while now he is an unparalleled survivalist.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Demon and devil are different things

Name 2 differences.

In the context of gw, demons are creatures born from the mists via malignant forces. There are no devils in gw however. The closest thing we got was Abaddon, who had demonic minions that served him.And with regards to making a pact with Abaddon, he is dead. Like no coming back sort of dead. Revenant's channel the power of a demon (Mallyx - who was a servant of Abaddon), not a devil.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

Name 2 differences.

In the context of gw, demons are creatures born from the mists via malignant forces. There are no devils in gw however. The closest thing we got was Abaddon, who had demonic minions that served him.And with regards to making a pact with Abaddon, he is dead. Like no coming back sort of dead. Revenant's channel the power of a demon (Mallyx - who was a servant of Abaddon), not a devil.

Demon and devil are synonyms.....Literal definitions from oxford dictionary:Devil - An evil spirit; a demon.Demon - An evil spirit or devil, especially one thought to possess a person or act as a tormentor in hell.

Name 2 differences.

Demon and devil are synonyms.....Literal definitions from oxford dictionary:Devil - An evil spirit; a demon.Demon - An evil spirit or devil, especially one thought to possess a person or act as a tormentor in hell.

Within the context of GW 2 they aren’t synonymous. Obviously.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Demon and devil are different things

Name 2 differences.

A human can be a devil but he can't be a demon. In gw2, demons is a term given to the inhabitant of the torment realm, among them there are the margonite and a variety of different species. While someone that do evil things can be described as a devil indiscriminately from it's race or origin.

A devil is someone that go against the moral rules of it's own society and try to destroy it, you could say that scarlet was a kind of devil (that is, if we didn't have all the evidence that we unearthed as the living story goes on). Anyway, she acted in such a way that she could be seen as a devil. On second thought, shiro was a devil as well.

A demon will most likely be hostile to the tyrian's inhabitants but they won't necessarily seek the destruction of their own kind. They might try to take over tyria (nobody know) or they could become friendly (since they are no longer controlled by Abaddon).

You get it right? One is a "race" while the other is more akin to a state of mind.

Archived