Nuhoch Warbler—Griefing

The Nuhoch Warbler given to players during the HoT story step In Their Footsteps is being used for griefing outside of its use in the story step, as the noise it produces is extremely grating when spammed repeatedly and cannot be muted using the Other Players' Unique Item Sounds option.

Would it be possible to restrict the usage of this item to Verdant Brink, and/or make it usable only if you have the story step active?

@Locce.8405 said:

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:If I'm not mistaken, it's tied to instrument volume, though.

Unfortunately this is not the case. It is tied to effects volume which most people probably don't want to sacrifice as a precaution against trolls.

Is that so? I could have sworn I was unable to hear the warbler because I keep the instrument volume basically off (I hate the sound of the macro playing, and used to have a trumpet playing troll in la a ways back)I would prefer them to flag it for that option and tie it to instrument volume than prevent it's use at this point, but if they do anything, it will probably be to remove it from everyone like they've done to items in the past.

Just tested this.

• With effects volume at 0, cannot hear the warbler.
  • With music volume at 0, I can hear the warbler.
  • With "My unique item sounds" at off, I can hear the warbler

However, it's not all that loud. I had to turn up the volume a bit to hear it.

Should ANet change this?

Pro: the very reason that there's now an instrument volume control is that a lot of players don't want to hear instruments of any kind, for a variety of reasons.Con: it seems like more effort than it's worth, since it doesn't seem to be used all that much

Archived