The state of Necromancer as a whole.....

Ceriph.3518

@Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:

@BestWurstinTown.8521 said:And yet if you take a look at fractal numbers, power reaper often scores better than almost all the other power builds (barring weaver and chrono but those are just overtuned).Then you haven't played Spellbreaker, Dragonhunter and Holo yet, they're all as easy or even easier to play (except for the Rifle-kit variant (Holo), but you can swap to the much easier Sword-no-kit variant which almost reaches the same numbers), and far better performing than the Power Reaper will ever be able to. And if you don't believe it, try it! I have, in raids, T4 fractals, CM's .... and the numbers just don't lie!!! (oops, almost forgot Staff Daredevil. Hell, even they can dis out higher numbers than the Power Reaper with a
very
forgiving (read: evading) rotation)

@BestWurstinTown.8521 said:Is it a rather forgiving spec ? YesNo! Why does everyone always say that Reaper is forgiving. Yea maybe in PvE map roaming or low level PvE in general. But think of this ... how much potential damage can you block with that one defensive mechanism that we have: Shroud! Which imo is not even suppose to be a defensive mechanism at all, but hey let's go with it .... How much damage? .... Now next question, how much potential damage can a single Aegis block? Or a Full Counter (SPB)? Or evades, evades, evades? Yes indeed, infinite!Next: yes we have the highest health pool (together with Warrior btw, but hey ... ), which is mainly only interesting to have against conditions and there we go again: low level encounters, which don't hit that hard! Not really PvE endgame, don't you think? The 3 (4) professions I mentioned above all have medium/heavy armor, which is far more useful to have in the endgame than that bigger health pool!

Imo, there is only one real conclusion regarding PvE endgame, and that's that the Necro (and definitely Reaper) is NOT in a good spot right now.

That power reaper does better in fractals....Sure! It has way more cleave than other professions. But its still not good.

Vipers scourge does still better. And to speak of.

Yesterday we had a warrior in our group (2 scourges, mesmer, holo, warrior)Well he sucked at doing dmg. But at least he dropped the banners for us so we could carry even more.Well. Tbh. Our group was from our raid guild (everyone except the warrior)

Dropped playing guild wars 2 after release due to all the necro problems + how condition stacked back then after path of fire i started to get some interest into the game again and if it was worth it to invest into hot + pof but it is really sad to read about how nothing seem to have really changed it for the better.

Always felt when i played it they had to balance it around shroud so everything would always feel subpar but hoped they would have changed it after such a long time but i guess not, is there really nothing positive about necro that makes em wanted in groups at all?

In pve not so much. Other classes can do everything you can, only better. In pvp and wvw, depeds on if you have a baby sitter. A babysat scourge is very dangerous in pvp (though a sitting duck w/o one). And in wvw necro is currently the class to stack due to their aoe boon hate.

@wiazabi.2549 said:Dropped playing guild wars 2 after release due to all the necro problems + how condition stacked back then after path of fire i started to get some interest into the game again and if it was worth it to invest into hot + pof but it is really sad to read about how nothing seem to have really changed it for the better.

Always felt when i played it they had to balance it around shroud so everything would always feel subpar but hoped they would have changed it after such a long time but i guess not, is there really nothing positive about necro that makes em wanted in groups at all?

Oh, quite a lot has changed for the better. Condition builds are actually viable in PvE now! Necro has had brief periods where it was actually wanted in most raid encounters as well.

Just...Necro and Revenant aren't in great places right now.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Head over to the raid forum to see the requests to nerf Epidemic.

Correction, see player' misguided request to nerf Epidemic; despite not acknowledging why Scourge as a whole is particularly effective at Vale Guardian, Soulless Horror and Dhuum CM respectively.

People missing the profession as a whole because all they see is Epidemic are missing the forest for the trees; and there is far more to a good Necro than just being a walking Epidemic button; and a good Necro is effective for all but the most anti-condi focused fights (ie KC, but even then it has its applications for performing the center strat).

Archived