Quality of Life Change: Ventari Tablet 240 distance marker

Hoshikogi.7160

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

Mind explaining how you envision the Natural Harmony buff working? How long would thr buff last? How potent is it? How much would it stack? My problem with it being a buff is that it promotes spamming NH if you want bigger numbers, and Alacrity on it already encourages spamming it if you want good uptime, which I personally dislike.

Long Lasting with about 2% increase. Max is the 20% is scrapped from another trait.Ventaris healing is reliant on the positioning of the tablet and NHs healing. targets affected by the heal get the buff so they get more heals from all sources that steadily increases the more you have to heal them with NH. This way they need less healing with NH on long periods but you still need to heal them often at the start when they go low. This needs some attention at the beginning of fights but is more energy friendly in long ones.

That's a potentially really cool idea as it would offer a unique "buff" for Ventari, which I am all for. However, a potentially perma-20% incoming healing modifier may be too much since it would affect heals from other sources. Maybe cap at 10% and redistribute the remainder to another trait? Perhaps a minor. Other classes have healing modifier buffs but can't keep them up permanently.

I also like your addition to Invoking Harmony a lot. Would this only affect the self or allies as well?

Probably only allies.Only thing that increases your own incoming healing and that of yourself is the buff that the fragments give when you pick them up.This should be a short buff but gives the fullon bonus right away.

Basically i tried to build the modifiers into more engaging traits.

@messiah.1908 said:like your directions but some can be too op . healing orb give aegis???? common every 2 sec you could cleanse 2 conditions.... too opbut keep the good work and thoughts

I get why i could be to OP, but why 2 conditionsin 2s? I did not mention any number and i thought about 1 condition per orb and 1s aegis (maybe if this is reasonable) if you have no conditions.Aegis does not stack so it would be gone after one block and a good placed condi bomb would still give trouble, but it would atleast give some options to pick against condis.

if each orb cleanse 1 condition. you have 2 orb proc every 2 sec. consider team fight or zerg fight and you have yourself frontline super melee.if you dont have condition than you got aegis so again in team fight you are the king.maybe if you add to it icd. than maybe

@messiah.1908 said:

Mind explaining how you envision the Natural Harmony buff working? How long would thr buff last? How potent is it? How much would it stack? My problem with it being a buff is that it promotes spamming NH if you want bigger numbers, and Alacrity on it already encourages spamming it if you want good uptime, which I personally dislike.

Long Lasting with about 2% increase. Max is the 20% is scrapped from another trait.Ventaris healing is reliant on the positioning of the tablet and NHs healing. targets affected by the heal get the buff so they get more heals from all sources that steadily increases the more you have to heal them with NH. This way they need less healing with NH on long periods but you still need to heal them often at the start when they go low. This needs some attention at the beginning of fights but is more energy friendly in long ones.

That's a potentially really cool idea as it would offer a unique "buff" for Ventari, which I am all for. However, a potentially perma-20% incoming healing modifier may be too much since it would affect heals from other sources. Maybe cap at 10% and redistribute the remainder to another trait? Perhaps a minor. Other classes have healing modifier buffs but can't keep them up permanently.

I also like your addition to Invoking Harmony a lot. Would this only affect the self or allies as well?

Probably only allies.Only thing that increases your own incoming healing and that of yourself is the buff that the fragments give when you pick them up.This should be a short buff but gives the fullon bonus right away.

@messiah.1908 said:like your directions but some can be too op . healing orb give aegis???? common every 2 sec you could cleanse 2 conditions.... too opbut keep the good work and thoughts

I get why i could be to OP, but why 2 conditionsin 2s? I did not mention any number and i thought about 1 condition per orb and 1s aegis (maybe if this is reasonable) if you have no conditions.Aegis does not stack so it would be gone after one block and a good placed condi bomb would still give trouble, but it would atleast give some options to pick against condis.

if each orb cleanse 1 condition. you have 2 orb proc every 2 sec. consider team fight or zerg fight and you have yourself frontline super melee.if you dont have condition than you got aegis so again in team fight you are the king.maybe if you add to it icd. than maybe

Or remove 1 orb when picking the trait.I only remember one orb thats why i was confused.Lets say trait has this effect:AA of staff on drops one orb with a biz higher healing. Orb cleanses 1 condition when picked up and grants aegis if you are on full health and there is no condition to be cleansed.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

So the Natural Harmony proc on Invoking Harmony you have proposed would heal only allies? One problem that I see with that: it is too similar to Song of the Mists for Ventari. I doubt that they would allow both to exist, as that would be some seriously crazy healing on legend-swapping to Ventari. I'm more a fan of your idea than the entire way SotM is currently implemented, honestly.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Or remove 1 orb when picking the trait.I only remember one orb thats why i was confused.Lets say trait has this effect:AA of staff on drops one orb with a biz higher healing. Orb cleanses 1 condition when picked up and grants aegis if you are on full health and there is no condition to be cleansed.

Personally I am not a fan of any mechanic that encourages the orbs or fragments. This is just major personal preference, but I find them to be an unpolished and awkward game mechanic that are not conducive to a highly mobile and reactive combat system. I'd rather both of these be eliminated completely, especially the fragments as you can't strategically place them whatsoever with Natural Abundance. The elite is much more predictable, but even then I'd rather they be replaced by something more interesting and engaging.

On a side note: I am glad to see the OP is getting so many likes. Hope it catches the eye of a dev and they give Ventari some TLC.

So the Natural Harmony proc on Invoking Harmony you have proposed would heal only allies? One problem that I see with that: it is too similar to Song of the Mists for Ventari. I doubt that they would allow both to exist, as that would be some seriously crazy healing on legend-swapping to Ventari. I'm more a fan of your idea than the entire way SotM is currently implemented, honestly.

Personally I am not a fan of any mechanic that encourages the orbs or fragments. This is just major personal preference, but I find them to be an unpolished and awkward game mechanic that are not conducive to a highly mobile and reactive combat system. I'd rather both of these be eliminated completely, especially the fragments as you can't strategically place them whatsoever with Natural Abundance. The elite is much more predictable, but even then I'd rather they be replaced by something more interesting and engaging.

On a side note: I am glad to see the OP is getting so many likes. Hope it catches the eye of a dev and they give Ventari some TLC.

Ouu sorry about the NH misunderstanding.The buff only affects allies, so the rev himself would not be unkillable. NH just works as it always does so it also heals the rev when swapping legendsMaybe a lesser version with less healing.And song of the mists could trigger a lesser puryfing essence when swapping to ventari instead so there is no thematical overlap with the heal.

For your personal preference i have to say i like the orbs actually.But i am mainly PvE player and we only need smart positioning and good rotations to be most effective. So i can understand why the orbs are kinda a nuisance in PvP.Good example for this is the DH fragments of faith trap. Its a very nice skill in PvE to face tank stuff and gain aegis rolling one by one, but in PvP it is only used in the trait variety if i recall correctly.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Ouu sorry about the NH misunderstanding.The buff only affects allies, so the rev himself would not be unkillable. NH just works as it always does so it also heals the rev when swapping legendsMaybe a lesser version with less healing.And song of the mists could trigger a lesser puryfing essence when swapping to ventari instead so there is no thematical overlap with the heal.

For your personal preference i have to say i like the orbs actually.But i am mainly PvE player and we only need smart positioning and good rotations to be most effective. So i can understand why the orbs are kinda a nuisance in PvP.Good example for this is the DH fragments of faith trap. Its a very nice skill in PvE to face tank stuff and gain aegis rolling one by one, but in PvP it is only used in the trait variety if i recall correctly.

Yeah, I was thinking Purifying Essence would be a cool fit for Ventari SotM as well. Would definitely help differentiate it and give space for your idea for Invoking Harmony. Having an additional option for condition management would be pretty cool as well.I think mechanics like the orbs and fragments work decently for the player themselves as they are naturally going to be more conscious of these, but in relation to allies it is one more thing that they would have to then pay attention to and "micromanage" to an extent. I personally would like #3 in the staff AA-chain to just grant AoE 5-target healing around the target equal to what one orb amounts to. It would take away the flavor of the orbs and in a sense homogenize its design, so I understand any opposition to such a change, but to me I would rather have more reliability and consistency.

Yeah, I was thinking Purifying Essence would be a cool fit for Ventari SotM as well. Would definitely help differentiate it and give space for your idea for Invoking Harmony. Having an additional option for condition management would be pretty cool as well.I think mechanics like the orbs and fragments work decently for the player themselves as they are naturally going to be more conscious of these, but in relation to allies it is one more thing that they would have to then pay attention to and "micromanage" to an extent. I personally would like #3 in the staff AA-chain to just grant AoE 5-target healing around the target equal to what one orb amounts to. It would take away the flavor of the orbs and in a sense homogenize its design, so I understand any opposition to such a change, but to me I would rather have more reliability and consistency.

In conjunction with my suggestion they could change it in a way that the orb only spawns when traited with the effects suggested and the heal is sourced out to the normal AA without any orb mechanic attached to it.So it would be a nice choice for PvE solo facetanking or PvP conquest. In addition to that it would improve the healing of the staff and would give more PbAoE healing even without the trait.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

In conjunction with my suggestion they could change it in a way that the orb only spawns when traited with the effects suggested and the heal is sourced out to the normal AA without any orb mechanic attached to it.So it would be a nice choice for PvE solo facetanking or PvP conquest. In addition to that it would improve the healing of the staff and would give more PbAoE healing even without the trait.

Yeah, I could see something like that working, although I do think that a condi cleanse or aegis per orb would still be too strong. PvP perspective, once again. Alternatively, blindness you apply (which is relatively easily accessible via Salvation) could have one of these effects assuming the ICD is appropriate.

Yeah, I could see something like that working, although I do think that a condi cleanse or aegis per orb would still be too strong. PvP perspective, once again. Alternatively, blindness you apply (which is relatively easily accessible via Salvation) could have one of these effects assuming the ICD is appropriate.

Another idea would be that enemies get slowed when stepping on the orbs and you get vigor and some small portion if endurance.This would reward orb collecting but would also punish foes if you litter them arround.Slow is especially useful because you can interupt targets more easily which would blind them.

One if my proposed minors could be changed so allies get aegis on heal instead of applying blinds on foes. This could give more uses in PvE against bisses due to blind resistances of the breakbar.

as the op stated above the main problem of the tablet is you cannot know which is ally or foe.

so make foe red colored with red circle and allies yellow or green circle

the radios of the skills are 240 already but ppl fail to stand near it so add a circle to it.

also make purifying essence cleanse 5 conditions and we good to go

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Another idea would be that enemies get slowed when stepping on the orbs and you get vigor and some small portion if endurance.This would reward orb collecting but would also punish foes if you litter them arround.Slow is especially useful because you can interupt targets more easily which would blind them.

One if my proposed minors could be changed so allies get aegis on heal instead of applying blinds on foes. This could give more uses in PvE against bisses due to blind resistances of the breakbar.

That's an interesting idea. Slow is a condition that I could totally see fitting into Ventari's kit. I wonder if it would be too strong to have Protective Solace pulse Slow to foes inside it.

@messiah.1908 said:as the op stated above the main problem of the tablet is you cannot know which is ally or foe.

so make foe red colored with red circle and allies yellow or green circle

the radios of the skills are 240 already but ppl fail to stand near it so add a circle to it.

also make purifying essence cleanse 5 conditions and we good to go

I agree that it would be nice to have a visual differentiator for enemy tablets, similar to how they did it for Winds of Disenchantment. I think red circles are too triggering honestly because of Scourge, and they are also hideous and visually obtrusive. I would prefer them to just slightly change the visuals to a darker scheme like Winds.

Why not ask for the effect of the ventari tablet to happen on the rev and the tablet at the same time like scorge? It would give rev real aoe support of 10 targets making it super viable in raids and wvw maybe even spvp.

Anet dose not seem to have a problem with how scorge works so it should not be that much of a problem to ask for same effect on other classes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived