Very funny Arenanet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ArenaNet Staff

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:The first April Fools in GW1 in 07 we logged in to find our gender had changed in towns (my ranger turned into an ugly bald male)......the 2nd year we we're all stick figures which drove everyone nuts in pvp.......Kind of hard to top those 2. Well done on Clippy Anet, glad to see the humor pushes on!!

I liked the one where the minis were huge and we were miniature.

That was my favorite.

I like rampaging Gwen, but I think that was from the end of a beta event. It was soooo fun!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:The first April Fools in GW1 in 07 we logged in to find our gender had changed in towns (my ranger turned into an ugly bald male)......the 2nd year we we're all stick figures which drove everyone nuts in pvp.......Kind of hard to top those 2. Well done on Clippy Anet, glad to see the humor pushes on!!

I liked the one where the minis were huge and we were miniature.

That was my favorite.

I like rampaging Gwen, but I think that was from the end of a beta event. It was soooo fun!

Gender reversal, Gwen Dolls, Stick Figures, Minis.... Then bobbles and airplanes... there have been some great in game pranks over the years. My inner child screamed at the first release of SAB... but I love it all. Missed the in game surprises last couple years, glad to see the chairs this year (even if the joke ended up being on ANet because of accidental early release). I still think my favorite thing is the airplane year, mostly because of the unintentional comedy involved. It's because I know that at some point ANet had a couple voice actors stand in a sound room doing nothing but making airplane mouth noises for who knows how long, and that mental image is hilarious to me.

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:We haven't had a real gag since the Aeroplane stunt have we?

Yes, and it’s sad, but also unveils the state of
GW 2
: The lack of resources. They are saving money
(and personnel)
on every aspekt, which doesn’t provide direct income aka microtransactions
(like outfits, skins)

Hello? Chairs? Mesmer? Unless they add chair skins in the future, I don't see any additional profit here. And the man hours they put into the mesmer class have no monetary business case either as far as I can tell.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:So this years April Fools joke wasn't even in the game? You had to go to a website to see it?

Two separate entities: ArenaNet and the Wiki community.

We haven't had a real gag since the Aeroplane stunt have we?

Nope, and that had all kinds of outcry... I countered with the absurdity of it in the discussions but alas, no real jokes in game since. Why should they, when people mostly spend the time complaining instead of enjoying?

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:So this years April Fools joke wasn't even in the game? You had to go to a website to see it?

Nope, and that had all kinds of outcry... I countered with the absurdity of it in the discussions but alas, no real jokes in game since. Why should they, when people mostly spend the time complaining instead of enjoying?

I'm confused, what exactly where people complaining about? I vaguely remember hearing it was because there was a plane crash a few days before? Was that it? I mean I know some people just go out looking for things to complain about but this sounds like a bad joke. Or was it something else?

@ratche.6204 said:

I'm confused, what exactly where people complaining about? I vaguely remember hearing it was because there was a plane crash a few days before? Was that it? I mean I know some people just go out looking for things to complain about but this sounds like a bad joke. Or was it something else?

Not wanting to exactly rehash the whole thing all over again. There was that, but the larger outcry seemed to be over claiming it was making fun of crucifixion since Easter was so close, because obviously kids never pretended to be flying or anything else with their arms out, nope, not at all, never (hopefully the sarcasm is obvious). Imagine the outcry if it had been done this year instead lol. I wouldn't expect them to touch things like that anymore, because if they spend time planning something, and some incident happened, they'd have to pull it to prevent that kind of complaining. It is, and was, a bit absurd.

Archived