On and off again Mesmer LF info about POF

Been playing on and off again since gw2 first came out yearrrrs ago. I've been leveling my mesmer slowly throughout the years trying to 100% each location at a time. Im only like 57 atm, and just got both of the expansions together in a bundle.

I'm not 100% if I want to use the boost or not, but was wondering more of the difference between Chronomancer and Mirage in end game content. With PoF out is Chronomancer still relevant?

Yes. Both Mirage and Chronomancer are relevant in pretty much any game mode with the right build. I only play Mirage, so I can't tell you much about chronomancer except to say that it remains an important support class, but is now also a legitimate DPS class with strong sustained and burst damage. For Mirage, I'll share a video of some of my own recent gameplay, but basically Mirage is a high damage, high mobility, extremely evasive class that relies heavily on active defense.

If it is your first class i adivice not to use boost.

Both chrono and mirage are one of the best in their field (i will talk only about pve).

Mirage is great condition dps with high potential damage and easier rotation that can customize for fights without losing much dps (can bring huge cc, reflets, portal and so on)His drawback is that his dps is tied to clones and conditions so in fights that are short or he has to chamge targets often he loses dps (and has limited optipns to kill multiple enemies at once)

Chronomancer is one of the most desired specs in all pve content. I main chrono and all the time in raids lfg i see groups looking for chronomancers and they take me in even if i dont meet their requirements because i play chrono. It is much easier then it used to be but players are still afraid that it is so hard.

There are 2 top tier chrono builds:Power dps that focus on power dps. Its advantages and disadvantages are similar to mirage. He has lower dps then mirage has acces to less ultility (without traiding dps) but is better at switching targets

Support boon chrono focuses at buffing alies. It trades dps for acces to aoe buffs, many cc skills, heals and ability to block damage for alies. As I said it is easier then it used to be but if you want to do more then giving quickness it involves alot of planing ahead and counting cd on traits. If you want to talk about this i can explain more in depth.

I actually advise boosting, on the condition that you continue to use Central Tyria as your training grounds. Boosted to 80 you will be able to test out various builds as you complete zones, especially in the midlevel areas. As you progress you will note how things work and don't work in a very forgiving environment

Not boosting means you're having to copy/paste builds and then try to adjust them in zones that really aren't friendly to casual PvE players like ourselves experimenting with builds and styles of play.

Swaping between elite specs is easy. Problem is that you need 2 set of gear. For new player it might be a problem. Especialy since both chrono and mirage use gear that can only be crafted.

You can try it with ecotic carrion/rabit (i guess this is their name) for mirage and berzerker with runes of leadership and sigil of concentration for chrono (with chaos traitline)

So I chose chrono, and got the shield but it won't let me equip it. Is there a story/quest line somewhere I need to complete before it will let me use it? Or is there a button I need to be pressing. Honestly I'm feeling a little lost. I've just been doing the main storyline so far, and I know I can skip to the expansion content, but I'm not sure if I should - or which to do first. I feel like having the mounts would be a huge QoL for the other things, but so would gliders.

@Dubstep.7215 said:So I chose chrono, and got the shield but it won't let me equip it. Is there a story/quest line somewhere I need to complete before it will let me use it? Or is there a button I need to be pressing. Honestly I'm feeling a little lost. I've just been doing the main storyline so far, and I know I can skip to the expansion content, but I'm not sure if I should - or which to do first. I feel like having the mounts would be a huge QoL for the other things, but so would gliders.

Did you equip the Chrono elite trait line in your third trait slot in the second section of the Hero panel? Doing that is what makes you actually a Chronomancer.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Dubstep.7215 said:So I chose chrono, and got the shield but it won't let me equip it. Is there a story/quest line somewhere I need to complete before it will let me use it? Or is there a button I need to be pressing. Honestly I'm feeling a little lost. I've just been doing the main storyline so far, and I know I can skip to the expansion content, but I'm not sure if I should - or which to do first. I feel like having the mounts would be a huge QoL for the other things, but so would gliders.

Did you equip the Chrono elite trait line in your third trait slot in the second section of the Hero panel? Doing that is what makes you actually a Chronomancer.

oh found it tysm

Archived