Can one full heal WAR make an impact in WVW?

FASTCAR.7831

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no1 cares how much you can heal your trick is not a secret theres 100s of same idiots as you in PvE trying every random shit rune out there to max something out, as if no1 ever made a heal toon maxing everything for fuck of it.

just because healing in this game is plain boring and doesnt require you to actually target or do something means not many people stick to it.

@"Chaba.5410" said:Much of the damage in WvW comes from AoE and PBAoE skills which ignore the direction toons are facing/weapon arcs.

But if you hold all three movement buttons simultaneously you're "off axis" to 27% of those 49% of the time equating to three legged hybrid man pigs flying.

@Chaba.5410 said:Much of the damage in WvW comes from AoE and PBAoE skills which ignore the direction toons are facing/weapon arcs.

The thing that really tickles me is that he says the advantage of clicking and keyboard turning is that he can outmaneuver people in melee range but then all his videos are of him bristlebacking people while kiting in staff or sitting at max range throwing water fields or banners while other people engage in melee. Just LOL.

@Israel.7056 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:Much of the damage in WvW comes from AoE and PBAoE skills which ignore the direction toons are facing/weapon arcs.

The thing that really tickles me is that he says the advantage of clicking and keyboard turning is that he can outmaneuver people in melee range but then all his videos are of him bristlebacking people while kiting in staff or sitting at max range throwing water fields or banners while other people engage in melee. Just LOL.

Yes, but also consider that most people turn off "melee attack assist", which is the secret counter to prevent your sword swings from going "off-axis". We've been doing it wrong the whole time. Secret's out now though.

Most ally heal skills are also AoE, including blasting water fields, and also aren't affected by off-axis issues or dependent upon which way a toon is facing. Cone skills like on Firebrand are, of course, but not warrior shouts nor banners nor ventari tablet nor water fields, etc.

1. This build ain't a secret, I run it aswel. And I push the same if not slightly higher numbers out for heals
  2. You claim 750 regen yet in all your vids your regen ticks for high 500s or low 600s. Just on a few specific targets you get close to 700 (again yes higher is possible in very specific, unrealistic situations).
  3. That 35000/5 shouts are in those vary rare cases as you said (I know how) so it is bad to build on those numbers. You said you liked math so use averages to get a better view on the potential of a build.
  4. Being realistic, you could give +-600 regen ticks to 20 people and get 5 shouts for 5 people of around 5.3k each.
  5. You don't play the build to it's full potential, you could even get more heals out of it.
  6. We had this discussion already on the old forums around 3 years ago......... (ps.: there are no secrets)

ps: To another person in this thread, sigil of benevolance is better than sigil of life. This to answer your question, I did the math.

@MiLkZz.4789 said:

1. This build ain't a secret, I run it aswel. And I push the same if not slightly higher numbers out for heals
  2. You claim 750 regen yet in all your vids your regen ticks for high 500s or low 600s. Just on a few specific targets you get close to 700 (again yes higher is possible in very specific, unrealistic situations).
  3. That 35000/5 shouts are in those vary rare cases as you said (I know how) so it is bad to build on those numbers. You said you liked math so use averages to get a better view on the potential of a build.
  4. Being realistic, you could give +-600 regen ticks to 20 people and get 5 shouts for 5 people of around 5.3k each.
  5. You don't play the build to it's full potential, you could even get more heals out of it.
  6. We had this discussion already on the old forums around 3 years ago......... (ps.: there are no secrets)

ps: To another person in this thread, sigil of benevolance is better than sigil of life. This to answer your question, I did the math.

Cool story, please post your vids as proof

• Bene is not always better then Life, that is for another thread

@MiLkZz.4789 said:ps: To another person in this thread, sigil of benevolance is better than sigil of life. This to answer your question, I did the math.

Lets see.

So warrior can reach 40.476% healing effectiveness without sigils with 2281 healing power with the 25 mights. (check my earlier post on page 1)

ShoutsBase shout heal with this healing power is 3737. (page 1 my post)

250 healing power (life sigil) increases this by 2501.2= 300 healing for shouts which is 300/3737 100%= 8.028 % (5 TARGETS)

Benevolence ACTUAL outgoing healing increase 12.5/140.476 * 100% = 8.898% (4 TARGETS because healing effectiveness doesnt affect yourself and effectiveness is additive not multiplicative)

Regen

Life sigil; Regen increase is 0.125250/415 100% = 7.53% to ALL TARGETS (regen modifier and value from my page 1 post)Benevolence; 8.898% to everyone else than you (typically 4 for regen, banner regen 9 people). (same as in shouts)

Other classesOther classes typically prefer life sigil because they can reach higher healing effectiveness making life sigil even better compared to benevolence. Also some healing skills are hard to land to 4 other people actually requiring it and as life sigil always affects healing to yourself, it is better option.

Conclusion: Life sigil is marginally worse for warrior healing towards other allies, but if you count yourself, it is superior by far. Other classes with actual inbuilt healing modifiers (ele, guardian, revenant, etc) prefer life sigil.

Your math has failed but its like almost the same for warrior, other classes not ;)

@Threather.9354 said:

@MiLkZz.4789 said:ps: To another person in this thread, sigil of benevolance is better than sigil of life. This to answer your question, I did the math.

Lets see.

So warrior can reach 40.476% healing effectiveness without sigils with 2281 healing power with the 25 mights. (check my earlier post on page 1)

Shouts
Base shout heal with this healing power is 3737. (page 1 my post)

250 healing power (life sigil) increases this by 250
1.2= 300 healing for shouts which is 300/3737
100%= 8.028 % (5 TARGETS)

Benevolence ACTUAL outgoing healing increase 12.5/140.476 * 100% = 8.898% (4 TARGETS because healing effectiveness doesnt affect yourself and effectiveness is additive not multiplicative)

Regen

Life sigil; Regen increase is 0.125
250/415
100% = 7.53% to ALL TARGETS (regen modifier and value from my page 1 post)Benevolence; 8.898% to everyone else than you (typically 4 for regen, banner regen 9 people). (same as in shouts)

Other classes
Other classes typically prefer life sigil because they can reach higher healing effectiveness making life sigil even better compared to benevolence. Also some healing skills are hard to land to 4 other people actually requiring it and as life sigil always affects healing to yourself, it is better option.

Conclusion: Life sigil is marginally worse for warrior healing towards other allies, but if you count yourself, it is superior by far. Other classes with actual inbuilt healing modifiers (ele, guardian, revenant, etc) prefer life sigil.

Your math has failed but its like almost the same for warrior, other classes not ;)

You forgetting 1 big component of your outgoing heals in WvW tho and that is blasting fields (1320x0.2)250HP = 1370x5 targets = 68508.898% extra outgoing = 1437.45x4 targets + 1320 = 7069.81

You'll be blasting a lot, practically on CD with 2 blasts (can even be 3). Yes the healing on yourself will be slightly worse, but you don't need it. You want to maximize healing on your allies. So for this purpose Sigil of Benevolance is the way to go.

Can even add in Compassionate Banner (522x0.33) which you'll spam a lot. But in the big picture these don't add a lot.Rest of your math adds up and yes the build you theorycrafted in your first post is pretty much what our mystery guy is running. No secrets there.Good to see some decent theorycrafters are left.

@FASTCAR.7831 said:

After you.

PS.: 1 thing I forgot to mention in my first post. The build is a troll build and doesn't use the warriors full potential. Going to the extreme in 1 direction is never good. So running this exact build is bad. Giving up a bit of healing will make you able to add much more to the fight. Just keep that in mind.

@MiLkZz.4789 said:

Lets see.

Shouts
Base shout heal with this healing power is 3737. (page 1 my post)

250 healing power (life sigil) increases this by 250
1.2= 300 healing for shouts which is 300/3737
100%= 8.028 % (5 TARGETS)

Regen

Life sigil; Regen increase is 0.125
250/415
100% = 7.53% to ALL TARGETS (regen modifier and value from my page 1 post)Benevolence; 8.898% to everyone else than you (typically 4 for regen, banner regen 9 people). (same as in shouts)

Other classes
Other classes typically prefer life sigil because they can reach higher healing effectiveness making life sigil even better compared to benevolence. Also some healing skills are hard to land to 4 other people actually requiring it and as life sigil always affects healing to yourself, it is better option.

You forgetting 1 big component of your outgoing heals in WvW tho and that is blasting fields (1320x0.2)250HP = 1370x5 targets = 68508.898% extra outgoing = 1437.45x4 targets + 1320 = 7069.81

You'll be blasting a lot, practically on CD with 2 blasts (can even be 3). Yes the healing on yourself will be slightly worse, but you don't need it. You want to maximize healing on your allies. So for this purpose Sigil of Benevolance is the way to go.

Can even add in Compassionate Banner (522x0.33) which you'll spam a lot. But in the big picture these don't add a lot.Rest of your math adds up and yes the build you theorycrafted in your first post is pretty much what our mystery guy is running. No secrets there.Good to see some decent theorycrafters are left.

After you.

PS.: 1 thing I forgot to mention in my first post. The build is a troll build and doesn't use the warriors full potential. Going to the extreme in 1 direction is never good. So running this exact build is bad. Giving up a bit of healing will make you able to add much more to the fight. Just keep that in mind.

Wrong, post you vids please

@FASTCAR.7831 said:

@"MiLkZz.4789" said:

After you.

Wrong, post you vids please

I think it is up to you to post your so claimed numbers and please don't hide behind "I got 1000s of vids as proof in my private map" as that doesn't count as proof.Anyone can post a vid of my and Threather's numbers as they are theorycrafted.

To people who are curious after the build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJRshdyzBUKI25B4CCQHCGuCqcFy6SQzhUoGwAIBSdA-j1xDAB6pZAQlgXq+zT7PAwRAA+DCAWK/CAcAEu39g3f/93f/9u+93f/93f/93f/9SB43ML-w

Notes:

1. Again this is a troll build, warrior has much more to offer which you have to drop to get this amount of healing.
  2. This is the build talked about by me and Threather.9354 and is very likely the build FASTCAR is running.
  3. FASTCAR will deny it is his build and say he knows 'secrets' making his build superior. (This ain't the case tho)
  4. I took condi over power as you'll hit like a wet noodle either way.
  5. Main weapon is open, hammer is an option (blast + CC) as is longbow to get some tags with the F1.
  6. Don't camp banner, switch often between banner and warhorn to blast water fields or you'll miss out on a lot of healing.
  7. Stay on tag or close and don't die. You want your shouts to hit 4 people and soak up some damage yourself aswel. AOE has 5 man limit so you'll take dmg for the team.
  8. Use the Battle Standard when engaging, the '2' gives stability.
  9. It is a fun build when you want to relax a bit, so... enjoy!

Greetz,Da Milkman

@"MiLkZz.4789" said:To people who are curious after the build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJRshdyzBUKI25B4CCQHCGuCqcFy6SQzhUoGwAIBSdA-j1xDAB6pZAQlgXq+zT7PAwRAA+DCAWK/CAcAEu39g3f/93f/9u+93f/93f/93f/9SB43ML-w

Notes:

1. Again this is a troll build, warrior has much more to offer which you have to drop to get this amount of healing.
  2. This is the build talked about by me and Threather.9354 and is very likely the build FASTCAR is running.
  3. FASTCAR will deny it is his build and say he knows 'secrets' making his build superior. (This ain't the case tho)
  4. I took condi over power as you'll hit like a wet noodle either way.
  5. Main weapon is open, hammer is an option (blast + CC) as is longbow to get some tags with the F1.
  6. Don't camp banner, switch often between banner and warhorn to blast water fields or you'll miss out on a lot of healing.
  7. Stay on tag or close and don't die. You want your shouts to hit 4 people and soak up some damage yourself aswel. AOE has 5 man limit so you'll take dmg for the team.
  8. Use the Battle Standard when engaging, the '2' gives stability.
  9. It is a fun build when you want to relax a bit, so... enjoy!

Greetz,Da Milkman

1 not a troll build2 not the build I use3 you're just wrong4 just wrong5 sillyit shows he has never played a war healer, just another theory crafter

Archived