ENGI HEALER Raid

Liviathan.5249

Okay so I wasn't crazy, not completely at least ;) I think even lasting for a couple extra seconds it's still a skill worth slotting, and when it dies it's just more healing anyways. Both the utility skill and the toolbar are good for a healing/support build. We can't say that of many skills so I think it's a solid choice.

After thinking through your posts a little bit more and talking with a guildmate I have revised the build I will use to Scrapper. I've only tested it in 49 Nightmare, but I think this is much better than my first pass. Aside from the Bulwark conversation, as a healer it really was silly of me not to choose the spec with a ranged revive outside of skills (and one that AOE's barrier, super speed, and healing)! Sometimes it's a "can't see the forest for the trees" type scenario for me...

Soothing Scrapper

• Pistol is lame, but shield is the focus here. Blast, CC, and AOE protection.
  • While I initially dismissed HGH as being just a selfish trait, you actually can stack a decent amount of might in AOE while healing. Skills you'll be using as often as possible Super Elixir, Elixir Shell, and Healing Mist are 6 might (and you can use them more often). Toss B brings us over halfway to 25. I am starting to think this build can outheal a Druid so only getting 15 Might stacked doesn't seem so bad in that context.
  • Speaking of Elixir B I think that's a fairly flexible spot. If someone else has Might gen covered there are many situational skills you can use instead (Elixir C, R, U, Slick Shoes, Purge Gyro, Thumper Turret, lots of decent choices really)
  • Backpack Regenerator doesn't work with MDF it looks like, but there aren't great choices in that tier.
  • I went for Rapid Regeneration and Super Speed as much as possible in Scrapper because I don't think the selfish survival traits will be necessary. And if they are, use those instead. But I think there's more potential value to buffing up as much Super Speed as you can squeeze out for the AOE heals.
  • Gear is pretty straight forward I think, I don't know that any other setup really is comparable. Sigil of Renewal probably preferable over Water because of proc problems.

It could be the Bulwark benefiting from all the boon spam and dedicated healing builds going on since PoF. Most people haven't touched Scrapper since Holosmith came out, and its been even longer since any took a serious look at Gyros other then Stealth.

I can't find any Data on Gyro stats (HP, armor, etc), but it would be interesting to see how this is being affected by group dynamics.

@starlinvf.1358 said:It could be the Bulwark benefiting from all the boon spam and dedicated healing builds going on since PoF. Most people haven't touched Scrapper since Holosmith came out, and its been even longer since any took a serious look at Gyros other then Stealth.

I can't find any Data on Gyro stats (HP, armor, etc), but it would be interesting to see how this is being affected by group dynamics.

Certain DPS meters might be able to tell you the approximate HP, but I doubt things like armor would appear.

@Adamantium.3682 said:Was the Bulwark gyro changed at some point? Damage mitigation is great but it has such low health I don't think it's doing nearly as much as you think it is.

Function Gyro is definitely the biggest draw of Scrapper to me. If Heat Therapy is the only thing MDF doesn't work with I don't think that hurts Holo too much. I think Holo might be better just for HLA, and but sticking you with an untraited pistol (ew). It's too bad you can't share all those barriers on Scrapper, except for the one revive trait.

I agree that healers don't need to do damage, that will not be part of my evaluation of if Engi healing works. It could be important though if Engi lacks utility compared to Druid. It needs to do something to be competitive.

As far as i know:

At release with the 50% bulwark it had the 90% reduction of indirect damage other minions did applied to the damage transfer of the gyro instead. They patched away this and shortly after they also gave bulwark the increased health that some other minion/pet types enjoy if memory serves me right. So instead of the 13k or so that it had in pvp it had 40k or something, so its still good for absorbing around 20k damage.

Fun fact the damage is redirected before armor is taken into consideration, meaning if it was a 50/50 split the gyro would still take about double the damage you take from the hit since the gyros have no armor. The later is also why a single thief auto attack or one stray meteor is enough to instantly evaporate our class mechanic in pvp/wvw.

At least this is how its used to be, and function gyro still can't handle the mildest of cleave.

Also fun thing about medkit, skill 2 heals downed allies.

EDIT: It was a long time ago but we tested the armor by comparing a naked engineer in pvp hit by pulmonary impact which cant hit and which has a non random damage. The naked engineer took about as much damage as the gyro, and the gyro took the same amount of damage even if the engineer was armored and or with toughness. It might even have been a bit worse than no armor player, cant remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Kitty's now been raiding on her heal-engi again and she does think it works well. It's one of the best tank/oil-kiters for Deimos and it also heals really well while outputting a good amount of boons, especially might and regen (if there's 2 healers, heal-engi outmights druids). Turrets also kinda let you choose which boons to bring as they provide a selection of 5 different boons as utility skills. A couple usual combinations are rifle+flame turret (might and fury to imitate druids) and flame+thump (if you can rely on chrono to provide fury and druid doesn't bring stone spirit). And if turrets aren't needed for boons, heal-engi can take extra CC (Battering Ram at Sam omnomnom), ranged elixir ress (excellent for Sloth, Matt and Deimos if ok gets mind crushed or ranged squad is about to wipe at middle) or other fancy utilities to make things safer. And ofc traits can be easily adjusted for different encounters for extra regens, condicleanses yadayadayada...

Kitty recorded a couple videos of her pug runs playing it to show how it works.

Tank + healer is a good idea. You can potentially make up for loss of offensive buffs with another DPS player.

I still think Scrapper is a good choice for the third trait line but her build using tools looks good for the dual role as well.

What I have discovered so far is the healing is so ridiculous you definitely can take some out for more utility. Maybe that even means scrapper is unnecessary but it provides some strong support and revive capability.

What's nice is you have a lot of choices with both traits and utilities. There are a lot of decent choices.

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Kitty's now been raiding on her heal-engi again and she does think it works well. It's one of the best tank/oil-kiters for Deimos and it also heals really well while outputting a good amount of boons, especially might and regen (if there's 2 healers, heal-engi outmights druids). Turrets also kinda let you choose which boons to bring as they provide a selection of 5 different boons as utility skills. A couple usual combinations are rifle+flame turret (might and fury to imitate druids) and flame+thump (if you can rely on chrono to provide fury and druid doesn't bring stone spirit). And if turrets aren't needed for boons, heal-engi can take extra CC (Battering Ram at Sam omnomnom), ranged elixir ress (excellent for Sloth, Matt and Deimos if ok gets mind crushed or ranged squad is about to wipe at middle) or other fancy utilities to make things safer. And ofc traits can be easily adjusted for different encounters for extra regens, condicleanses yadayadayada...

Kitty recorded a couple videos of her pug runs playing it to show how it works.

Could I get q look at the gear that is being run and the traits? How much does it matter? This would be a great help. Healer engineer is something I've wanted to do for a while.

Archived