Need Suggestion open world and fractals

XECOR.2814

I just made a thief char using tomes, can anyone tell what build i can use for openworld and fractals. Since there was huge change i dont know if metabattle builds are optimal or not. BTW i have pof only so i can use core or deadeye only so i need build suggestion under these specializations.

If you care about being Optimal, you have to run a venom-share Condi-Thief to achieve the highest dps, which pretty much requires HoT for Viper gear... Unless I missed something.I'd advice you to find a guild who doesn't care for optimal and just roll with whatever you enjoy for Fractals, though.

For open-world, you can run whatever really. Full Condi or Full Zerker or a mix, it all works. For simplicity you've got Full Power + Scholars, and for Condi there's an equivalent somewhere.

@XECOR.2814 said:I just made a thief char using tomes, can anyone tell what build i can use for openworld and fractals. Since there was huge change i dont know if metabattle builds are optimal or not. BTW i have pof only so i can use core or deadeye only so i need build suggestion under these specializations.

For open world, use whatever you want. Anything in open world PvE is viable. I would recommend running either d/p daredevil or s/d core thief.

For fractals you can use the venom share build. This will help out allies for the highest DPS possible.

A good place to start for open world builds is MetaBattle:

The same site also has recommended builds for fractals. Purists, however, prefer SnowCrows or Discretize:

People in this forum section will have other (often excellent) recommendations.

My suggestion is to pick any one of them and see if you can follow the rotation. And benchmark yourself at the Aerodrome or Fractal test golems. If you score high, great. If not, take a look at what's different in the other builds and adjust.

The "best" build for you might not be the optimum. For some people, it's better to choose one with reduced potential that can be maintained 99% of the time, versus the one with max potential that can't be managed under the pressures of actual combat. (INB4: "reduced potential" still needs to be pretty-darn-good.)

Archived