[SUGGESTION] for Sunken Treasure Keys

@Endless Soul.5178 said:I got two keys yesterday in Verdant Brink, plus the one you get for doing the daily 10 least kills.

Nice, I did tequatl, karka, dragon stand and other open world stuff multiple timesFractals (CMs, T4, Recs) daily, raidsLike 1000 kills in WvW

so despite playing a lot I will not even manage to lower the time gate by 10% at this rate

Got a key from something in fractals the other day.

I don't see much reason to care about this though. Sure I'll do the daily and there are several spots in the game where this can be done quickly but that is about it. Once I have all the APs I'll probably stop bothering with the daily as well. At best key drops will enable me to stop paying any attention to it sooner.

I'll wait for the next episode and see if they add the keys there, maybe the keys and chest will be some mechanic and keys will be more available. I don't think that this patch was the last thing ANet will do with these. We'll see.As far as the OP goes, I think ANet needs to increase the droprate in some way or another. It's RNG in the end. I had two keys drop in the last three days, one from a random destroyer in Mount Maelstrom and another one today from a mob inside CoF story. To add the keys to JPs or Dungeons seems arbitrary. It could help revitalize the content but I'd prefer a solution that is tied to sunken trasures. Maybe the next map will have 40% UW content/areas with more chests and more keys which would fit much more and would put the infusions to better use as well.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm not sure Jumping Puzzles wouldn't be too easy, what with portals,

Well it's not supposed to be a difficult achievement anyway, JPs are easy, killing random mobs is also easy

Not sure what the point in all the 'I got x keys after killing y' posts are for, we're aware they drop, the point is it's currently a boring achievement, not even any variety in what to kill for the daily.

@lokh.2695 said:I'll wait for the next episode and see if they add the keys there, maybe the keys and chest will be some mechanic and keys will be more available. I don't think that this patch was the last thing ANet will do with these. We'll see.As far as the OP goes, I think ANet needs to increase the droprate in some way or another. It's RNG in the end. I had two keys drop in the last three days, one from a random destroyer in Mount Maelstrom and another one today from a mob inside CoF story. To add the keys to JPs or Dungeons seems arbitrary. It could help revitalize the content but I'd prefer a solution that is tied to sunken trasures. Maybe the next map will have 40% UW content/areas with more chests and more keys which would fit much more and would put the infusions to better use as well.

I have noticed that at least one of the chests has a dead inquest next to it ...

Archived