Newbie rushing through PoF purely for mounts?

So, first of all, hey everyone.

I'm very new to the game- less than a week in. I got PoF, boosted an alt and got the raptor to use on my main(that I'm levelling atm). Thing is, I want the other mounts too. How much of a time investment would be to unlock them all(or at least a few) with the alt, and then go back to levelling, and is it feasible for a newbie? As in, I'm still unfamiliar with some aspects of the game, most of the world is undiscovered, I don't have any gold to speak of(as in, I've got 1g80s atm) etc. Can it realistically be done, or is it too much of a hassle?

Looking forward to the thoughts of someone more experienced

You will need the long jump mastery on the raptor for the bunny to reach the heart (quest) vendor which sells it in the 2nd PoF map. The skimmer and the jackal require a bit of gold (20g? I forget) and finding the relevant heart/quest npc in the next 2 maps. Basically you could speed run through the maps and just complete the relevant tasks and buy those.

The griffon you will need to finish the PoF story, do some collections.quests and have 250g

To be honest, the mounts are a nice thing to have, but kinda take away some of the core experience if you are new, so I'd get them when you need them (ie when you get to PoF)

@Randulf.7614 said:

To be honest, the mounts are a nice thing to have, but kinda take away some of the core experience if you are new, so I'd get them when you need them (ie when you get to PoF)

I agree, in some ways it is unfortunate HoT didn't come out after PoF -mainly due to how difficult navigating HoT maps (by design, but eek) almost force the player to go after the Hopper mount...and possibly Gryphon.

@"dilqncho.5196" said:So, first of all, hey everyone.

I'm very new to the game- less than a week in. I got PoF, boosted an alt and got the raptor to use on my main(that I'm levelling atm). Thing is, I want the other mounts too. How much of a time investment would be to unlock them all(or at least a few) with the alt, and then go back to levelling, and is it feasible for a newbie? As in, I'm still unfamiliar with some aspects of the game, most of the world is undiscovered, I don't have any gold to speak of(as in, I've got 1g80s atm) etc. Can it realistically be done, or is it too much of a hassle?

Looking forward to the thoughts of someone more experienced

It's reasonable to get the first three as a relative newcommer to the game. The fourth is located behind some pretty challenging terrain. The first three can be reasonably rushed.The fifth? You would need at least 250 gold for. My experience as a newbie didnt see me making that much gold for a while. Especially if that toon is not your "main".

Also keep in mind that if you want these mounts at their best you want to level up your PoF masteries, which really does boil down to playing the content a bit.

My recommend is if you do rush them, get the first two. The raptor and bunny have you covered for most everything you can want. The skimmer and jackal are far more situational until you get to the terrain that is designed for them. And the griffon is a significant gold sink.

To get just the raptor is quick and easy. To get all the mounts, you basically have to complete a huge chunk of the PoF content. There's no reason not to do that if you enjoy it, but if you just want to unlock mounts for your low level toon/s, just grab the raptor and leave the rest for later.

Archived