22 may update

@darkroomradio.5412 said:I have the same issue, but I do not have any idea what ARCDPS is. Basically, I run the launcher, click PLAY, then the screen goes white and the game crashes. Restarting the computer didn't work, nor did running in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 or 8. Ideas?

Do you get any sort of crash report? You could check for logs in the GW2 folder, the GW2 folder under %APPDATA% (where local.dat lives), and the Windows event log, to see if any of them have details.

If so, throw them on pastebin, or just post the very first section only here, and we may be able to advise better what is going on.

@darkroomradio.5412 said:I have the same issue, but I do not have any idea what ARCDPS is. Basically, I run the launcher, click PLAY, then the screen goes white and the game crashes. Restarting the computer didn't work, nor did running in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 or 8. Ideas?

In your game shortcut/Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe > Properties > Compatibility tab where compatibility mode is, do you have 'Run As Administrator' (at the bottom) enabled still? Perhaps the update caused that to become unchecked and it is causing a permission/execution issue if you have GW2 installed into your system drive's 'Program Files' folder. Re-enabling it (if it had become disabled) may be something that could help resolve the issue.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:

@"dude.2950" said:I found what caused it, arcdps needs to be deleted if you have it installed.

Or you can update the arcdps .dll

Works fine.

How do you do that?

I have same issue that game allways crashes even when in loading screen and am not sure if arcdps is the cause of this.

If you don't have arcdps installed, you have another problem.

If you have arcdps installed, then uninstall it and see if you still have the problem. Then, if you still want to use the addon, install the one they released the 22nd to work with the latest GW2 update. It's the same process you used to install it originally.

This is where I got my info on installation and use -

https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/

https://www.vialofsalt.com/threads/installing-arcdps-tutorial-personal-dps-meter.8031/

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Do you get any sort of crash report? You could check for logs in the GW2 folder, the GW2 folder under %APPDATA% (where local.dat lives), and the Windows event log, to see if any of them have details.If so, throw them on pastebin, or just post the very first section only here, and we may be able to advise better what is going on.

--> Crash <--Exception: c0000005

Memory at address 00000000`00000000 could not be readApp: Gw2-64.exePid: 9432Cmdline:BaseAddr: 00007FF79ADB0000ProgramId: 101Build: 88951Module: nvd3dumx.dllWhen: 2018-05-22T19:41:26Z 2018-05-22T12:41:26-07:00Uptime: 0 days 0:12:43Flags: 0

@StinVec.3621 said:In your game shortcut/Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe > Properties > Compatibility tab where compatibility mode is, do you have 'Run As Administrator' (at the bottom) enabled still? Perhaps the update caused that to become unchecked and it is causing a permission/execution issue if you have GW2 installed into your system drive's 'Program Files' folder. Re-enabling it (if it had become disabled) may be something that could help resolve the issue.

Run as Administrator checked or unchecked crashed in the same way.

@darkroomradio.5412 said:

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:Exception: c0000005

Memory at address 00000000`00000000 could not be read

Something in code hit a null pointer, which is to say, most likely something failed to initialize correctly.

Module: nvd3dumx.dll

The place this happened is inside the NVIDIA supplied DirectX 3D support code.

So, either you have something injecting itself into the d3d DLL path that breaks things (ArcDPS, ReShade, GW2_hook, overlays, some "game DVR" or streaming clients, performance monitoring or FPS displays, etc), or your NVIDIA drivers are not initializing correctly.

I'd suggest two concrete steps:

First, go to the GW2 directory, and delete d3d9.dll from both the "top" directory, and the bin64 directory.

If problems persist, reinstall the latest NVIDIA drivers, and if they still continue, grab the DirectX redistributable and run that to reinstall the OS provided parts of the D3D stack.

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:I'd suggest two concrete steps:First, go to the GW2 directory, and delete d3d9.dll from both the "top" directory, and the bin64 directory.If problems persist, reinstall the latest NVIDIA drivers, and if they still continue, grab the DirectX redistributable and run that to reinstall the OS provided parts of the D3D stack.

Thanks for the idea. Before I saw your post, I found an older post on the GW2 subreddit with a similar issue. Once I realized that an NVidia dll file was involved, my thought was to download the newest drivers. Installing now. Will update.

UPDATE: New NVidia drivers did the trick. I am now in game. Thank you!

Archived