I cannot decide on what class to play. I need help.

Hello there. I am a new player to gw2 and for the life of me, i cannot decide on what class i want to level and play. I've tested all the classes except for warrior up to level 10-20. One thing about me is that I love pvp, and the World versus World mode really intrigues and appeals to me.I love the look of revenant, but i hear it is hated in both pvp and pve because it is a master of none.I hear that the mesmer is the best for pvp, but i just can't stand the clones.What are some good classes for pvp and are fun to level?Note: I have PoF but not HoT.

@"MacaroniBurger.7258" said:Hello there. I am a new player to gw2 and for the life of me, i cannot decide on what class i want to level and play. I've tested all the classes except for warrior up to level 10-20. One thing about me is that I love pvp, and the World versus World mode really intrigues and appeals to me.I love the look of revenant, but i hear it is hated in both pvp and pve because it is a master of none.I hear that the mesmer is the best for pvp, but i just can't stand the clones.What are some good classes for pvp and are fun to level?Note: I have PoF but not HoT.

Forget the hate.

Class elitism happens only at 'Raid' content. Which is high end content. By the time you finally have one single character ready for raid, you prolly will already have 5 others characters at lvl 80 and the game balance will change a few times over.PvP is the same, you will only care about you character class playing ranked on the higher tiers levels. Until then you class choice makes little difference.

That said:

The "look" of revenant is the same as any "heavy class". You can have and Guardian or Warrior using the same armor gear set as the Revenant in the character creation screen.

Open World PvE is fairly comfortable for all classes. You don't need to worry about grinding on any class.

If being part of the "current" metagame is important for you. Scourge Necromancer, Firebrand Guardian and Spellbreaker Warrior are 3 classes that are doing well in all game modes. (necromancer a bit behind on Raid and SPvP, but they are the top most wanted class for WvW)

Keep in mind tough. You may need to purchase HoT at some point for the extra specialized class and equipment choices. But don't worry about that now. Happy grinding to 80 :)

I personally didnt like the warrior, then for the obsession with Wonder Woman and Dora Milaje I made one for PvP AND I LOVE IT Like its amazing how versetile this class actually is!!! I am currently playing as a PvP spellbreaker and trying to get her to max lvl to PvE as beserker when Im not on my mesmer ITS AWESOME

Best advice I can offer is that you play the profession you like. Player skill will usually eclipse profession capabilities in most game modes, so in the hands of the best players, specific professions and builds stand out as the best. But in the hands of your average player, the differences aren't as extreme, and while undoubtedly some profs / builds are more suited to some game modes than others, unless you are trying to be the #1 PVP player, or in a cutting edge Raid guild, I highly doubt it will really matter. IMO, better you enjoy your playtime by picking the prof you find the most fun.

I don't play GW2 on a spreadsheet, so I fail to understand why I should base my prof and build based on calculations from that spreadsheet.

@Psylocker.5264 said:I personally didnt like the warrior, then for the obsession with Wonder Woman and Dora Milaje I made one for PvP AND I LOVE IT Like its amazing how versetile this class actually is!!! I am currently playing as a PvP spellbreaker and trying to get her to max lvl to PvE as beserker when Im not on my mesmer ITS AWESOME

Yes! The warrior is severely underrated in terms of fun, people assume its boring because its a warrior. I just wish banners where more flashy and they had more flashy powers.

@MacaroniBurger.7258 said:Hello there. I am a new player to gw2 and for the life of me, i cannot decide on what class i want to level and play. I've tested all the classes except for warrior up to level 10-20. One thing about me is that I love pvp, and the World versus World mode really intrigues and appeals to me.I love the look of revenant, but i hear it is hated in both pvp and pve because it is a master of none.I hear that the mesmer is the best for pvp, but i just can't stand the clones.What are some good classes for pvp and are fun to level?Note: I have PoF but not HoT.

Since you own PoF, play Holosmith (core engineer set on easy mode), core guardian or Firebrand (guardian specialization which is currently the best support in the game), Reaper (power necromancer, best cleave damage) or Scourge (condition necromancer, necromancer set on easy mode), core warrior or Spellbreaker (core warrior set on easy mode), core elementalist or Weaver (evasive DPS).

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@MacaroniBurger.7258 said:Hello there. I am a new player to gw2 and for the life of me, i cannot decide on what class i want to level and play. I've tested all the classes except for warrior up to level 10-20. One thing about me is that I love pvp, and the World versus World mode really intrigues and appeals to me.I love the look of revenant, but i hear it is hated in both pvp and pve because it is a master of none.I hear that the mesmer is the best for pvp, but i just can't stand the clones.What are some good classes for pvp and are fun to level?Note: I have PoF but not HoT.

Since you own PoF, play Holosmith (core engineer set on easy mode), core guardian or Firebrand (guardian specialization which is currently the best support in the game), Reaper (power necromancer, best cleave damage) or Scourge (condition necromancer, necromancer set on easy mode), core warrior or Spellbreaker (core warrior set on easy mode), core elementalist or Weaver (evasive DPS).

I'll note that some of these (eg: Holosmith) are not available until you hit level 80, so you will be leveling with a less fun core spec. That is not a huge amount of time, though, so you will relatively quickly -- a few weeks of extremely casual play, a day of hard push -- gain access to them.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Psylocker.5264 said:I personally didnt like the warrior, then for the obsession with Wonder Woman and Dora Milaje I made one for PvP AND I LOVE IT Like its amazing how versetile this class actually is!!! I am currently playing as a PvP spellbreaker and trying to get her to max lvl to PvE as beserker when Im not on my mesmer ITS AWESOME

Yes! The warrior is severely underrated in terms of fun, people assume its boring because its a warrior. I just wish banners where more flashy and they had more flashy powers.

IKR :smiley:

@Hoodie.1045 said:

I thought Reaper was only obtainable through owning HoT. If not, then I'm definitely going to play necromancer to get to the cool reaper specialization. There's just something about a huge dude with a scythe.

@MacaroniBurger.7258 said:

I thought Reaper was only obtainable through owning HoT. If not, then I'm definitely going to play necromancer to get to the cool reaper specialization. There's just something about a huge dude with a scythe.

I'm sorry. I have made a mistake saying that Reaper is accessible from PoF. Reaper is a HoT specialization.

Archived