What to do with a gemstore item (from BLC) you cannot use on your account?

Hi everyone,I wanted to ask the community this question as I'm left with a sense of unfairness.

I am a player which has played for about 2 year and I own none of the expansions (but did buy the base game) as I'm an infrequent player and still occupied with the content from the base game (mostly doing WvW and RP with friends in start areas and such for fun).Recently I bought some BLC keys, because I received some gems from friends, from which I received a decent amount of useful items.But my issue is in the fact that I also got some rare items, which are completely not beneficial to me as owner of only the base game.I received the jackal mount skin (worth 2k gems) as one of the rewards, but I am not able to use it without the POF expansion.

This last item left me a bit annoyed as I was excited to receive such an item, even though I cannot use it.It would have been great to be either sell it or at least send it to a friend which can use it.I don't even care about it's money value, just being able to gift it would be awesome.Now I feel pretty much obliged to spend additional money to buy that expansion even though I don't really want to.

Any ideas of the community on this? Is there any way I could still gift this to someone?Apart from the usual comments 'buy the expansion' or 'use the destroy button'?

Thanks!

I have over 250 Bank Access Expresses and almost a Stack of  Instant Repair Canister/ Merchant Express / Trading Post Express.Mostly because i never used one of them since Release and i have everything in the permanent form.

Maybe a Npc that trades them on a 1/5 ratio for Black Lion Statuettes?

5 Bank Access Expresses for 1 Black Lion Statuette.

@Offair.2563 said:Tough luck. However i'd praise myself lucky to get such a drop as lots of people open 100s of those chests without something like that.

Yea, I understand that, but that's why I find it annoying, just because I was that lucky to get that item, while other people miss out on it.So in my opinion it is unfair that I cannot gift this to someone who missed out on that luck and make them happy.Am I so wrong in thinking that?

IMHO it wouldn't be that hard to find a way to implement this ingame.BUT that would go against the whole cash flow idea of the earning as much money as possible from people buying gems as the people getting these items as a gift might buy less gems, meaning less profit for Anet, I guess...

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Yea, had something similar.Got a VIP pass, one i already had.Can't trade it for another. Can't give it to a friend for free.Its just a token that says "have a fancy, expensive 'destroy item' confirmation screen"

I got a one-time refund on some keys that fed me hair kits when I have a bound contract.I'm really hoping ANet can find a way to keep those sorts of things from happening.Or, maybe have an exchange where we can sell unwanted stuff for statuettes or a marketplace for players to trade unwanted stuff to other players.

In the name of fairness, I think there should be a system where BL chests filter your account and tick out those DLC drops you can't use, as well as VIP passes that you already own. Or alternatively, there should be an option to gift BLC drops or perhaps vendor them for a 50% gem price or something similar.

However, the system is what it is. If you like the game, go ahead and get PoF (or both xpacs). Even if you're a super casual player, your experience will improve significantly with glider and mounts at your disposal. They're not crazy expensive either. Your only other choice is to bank the item and forget about it, or destroy it altogether.

Archived