Haven’t played in years

I think the last time I logged into this account HoT hadn’t even been announced yet. Probably a year before that.

What’s changed since the prehistoric age of GW2? I’m trying to get my bearings here and a few ideas for where I should focus my energy in PvE would help.

Are there any endgame goals I should be looking at? Dungeons, mounts (not in the game last time I played but I’ve seen people on them!), etc.

There is simply too much to adequately list including 2 expansions; 2 - 3 dlcs; raids; new fractals and tiered system; 17 new maps; horizontal progression incl gliding, legendary crafting and mounts (expect dependant); 2 new subclasses per class and a new class ( revenant).

For more detail, might be easier to look at what each expac features.

If you want my advice, start a new too to get your bearings until you are ready to continue where you left off. There is no shortage of things to do and joining a new player friendly guild is likely helpful as well

+1 don't worry about 'endgame', just roll a new character and start doing stuff you enjoy. By the time you reach HoT content, you'll know what goals, if any, you want to set. What's changed? A big one is the Living world and HoT kicking metas into high gear, and they're well packed with people most of the time. No other game comes close for random open world PvE.

@ryan.5106 said:I think the last time I logged into this account HoT hadn’t even been announced yet. Probably a year before that.What’s changed since the prehistoric age of GW2? I’m trying to get my bearings here and a few ideas for where I should focus my energy in PvE would help.

Honestly, everything. Treat it as a new game. Dungeons are now called Fractals, FWIW, if you are prehistoric enough. Otherwise... just treat it like a new game.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Honestly, everything. Treat it as a new game. Dungeons are now called Fractals, FWIW, if you are prehistoric enough. Otherwise... just treat it like a new game.

No, dungeons are still called dungeons, but fractals are more like dungeons than dungeons are.

OK, so, I guess I need to adjust my language since this is the second time that triggered this pedantry. Let me use you as a test case -- would this pass your bar for accuracy:

Dungeons have become frozen in time, and endgame development now focuses on fractals for small group content.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Honestly, everything. Treat it as a new game. Dungeons are now called Fractals, FWIW, if you are prehistoric enough. Otherwise... just treat it like a new game.

No, dungeons are still called dungeons, but fractals are more like dungeons than dungeons are.

OK, so, I guess I need to adjust my language since this is the second time that triggered this pedantry. Let me use you as a test case -- would this pass your bar for accuracy:

Dungeons have become frozen in time, and endgame development now focuses on fractals for small group content.

Absolutely.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

You were essentially correct the first time. Fractals are every bit as much dungeons as were the content Anet labeled as such in the first place.

@Ashen.2907 said:

You were essentially correct the first time. Fractals are every bit as much dungeons as were the content Anet labeled as such in the first place.

Well, I agree, but for the sake of clarity of communication I'm happy to adjust how I present this so that it is not generating this exact conversation every time. ;)

Archived