Ty for the 4 Mesmer per game PvP meta... it is highly enjoyable.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Loki.1763 said:Remember the bad ol' days of esports and class stacking was taken out of the equation? Someone here will remember the stunt pulled of a team going in all on one class to prove the point of how bad it was for matchups. And yeah, still waiting for that to flow through to ranked.

Like when 5 Celestial ele randoms beat abjured?

[put tin foil hat on] Maybe this is how the top players stay at the top, by nerfing anyone who can compete with them.. [takes off tin foil hat]

(seriously though, they didn't nerf that because of top players did they? they were really easy to take down if you had some CC)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Loki.1763 said:Remember the bad ol' days of esports and class stacking was taken out of the equation? Someone here will remember the stunt pulled of a team going in all on one class to prove the point of how bad it was for matchups. And yeah, still waiting for that to flow through to ranked.

[put tin foil hat on] Maybe this is how the top players stay at the top, by nerfing anyone who can compete with them.. [takes off tin foil hat]

(seriously though, they didn't nerf that because of top players did they? they were really easy to take down if you had some CC)

I honestly can't remember which team it was or what class they stacked, but it happened way back when class stacking was raised as an issue. It was during one of the pro lan events, and the pro's had been saying class stacking was a problem it needed to be gone. Anet did nothing. So, during one the of the events they went in all on same class and made a complete mockery of the tournament. Shortly after that a new rule was introduced to the pro events that a team had to be made up of 5 different classes. The expectation was that it would flow-on to regular pvp play, but obviously it never did. I also remember the wave of optimism when we thought it was gunna hit pvp and the inevitable disappointment when it didn't.

Alot of people did alot of complaining while esports was a thing, but what they fail to consider is how much the pro's pushed for balance and general improvements in pvp. Without the pro's being vocal, we may as well be pissing in the wind. But I guess that is a discussion for another thread.

@Loki.1763 said:

I honestly can't remember which team it was or what class they stacked, but it happened way back when class stacking was raised as an issue. It was during one of the pro lan events, and the pro's had been saying class stacking was a problem it needed to be gone. Anet did nothing. So, during one the of the events they went in all on same class and made a complete mockery of the tournament. Shortly after that a new rule was introduced to the pro events that a team had to be made up of 5 different classes. The expectation was that it would flow-on to regular pvp play, but obviously it never did. I also remember the wave of optimism when we thought it was gunna hit pvp and the inevitable disappointment when it didn't.

Alot of people did alot of complaining while esports was a thing, but what they fail to consider is how much the pro's pushed for balance and general improvements in pvp. Without the pro's being vocal, we may as well be pissing in the wind. But I guess that is a discussion for another thread.

Makes more sense that good players were able to pull it off rather than 5 randoms

It's just not true. Mesmers are really strong and tier 1, but there are other strong classes also. 4 mirages would get rekt every single time by a proper team. And I haven't ever seen more than 2 class per team, ever. System doesn't even allow it I think. Not to mention that mirages in general are not all that common. I see thieves and necros way more often. Now keep in mind that I'm talking from the plat rating. I have no idea how it is lower.

Finished popcorn

Wonders when ppl realize its not 100% the classes/abilities or Anet's fault for all of this, but some by the players themselves.

No one is forcing players to do what they do. If someone is tempted by strong/unbalanced/cheese builds then thats partial the players issue. If anet made an ability heal/stun/damage/evade and teleport at the same time and ppl ran it and ppl complained about other "players" using it as its OP, how is it 110% Anet's fault if a "player" is the one using it? At best its like 50% Anets fault.

Anet is part of the problem, theres no denying, however the players are also to blame. SO much tunnel vision hate for them and classes and such, I have yet to see an argument thats common sense and not tunnel visioned on Anet (or their digital property).

Oop, more popcorn has arrived. Carry on

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Finished popcorn

Wonders when ppl realize its not 100% the classes/abilities or Anet's fault for all of this, but some by the players themselves.

No one is forcing players to do what they do. If someone is tempted by strong/unbalanced/cheese builds then thats partial the players issue. If anet made an ability heal/stun/damage/evade and teleport at the same time and ppl ran it and ppl complained about other "players" using it as its OP, how is it 110% Anet's fault if a "player" is the one using it? At best its like 50% Anets fault.

Anet is part of the problem, theres no denying, however the players are also to blame. SO much tunnel vision hate for them and classes and such, I have yet to see an argument thats common sense and not tunnel visioned on Anet (or their digital property).

Yeah, blaming players for flocking to the flavor of the month busted shit in ranked PvP is not going to fly. Anet is absolutely to blame 100%, not the players - it's not even just that Mirage is busted but how much it can do by just facerolling the keyboard. All these "new mesmer mains" being effective with the build is the real issue.

Outside of ranked PvP I do blame the players to an extent. No one wants to see this shit in unranked or WvW roaming. I have little respect for people who actually roam or whatever on this build, as there's nothing at stake but they still can't help themselves.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Finished popcorn

This has got to be the worst reasoning i have seen in my life.

Do you know what people tend to do in competitive gamemodes? Try to win. Why on earth would you not go for the best option? Sure, you can be a gentlemen and go straight to bronze 1 by your own choice, but there's no real logic behind that.

No sane person would ever expect the playerbase to ignore what's best. Who balances the game? Anet. Whose fault is it if something is OP? Anet. That simple.

@aDemoNnDisguisE.8576 said:Anet,I can see you are hurting for software development for your game.Please accept this code, free of charge.All that I ask is that you integrate it immediately.

If( mesmers.perteam.count > 1){reroll(game);}

Thanks,Everyone Who Has Ever Played GW2 PvP Ever

So first of all stacking 4 of something shouldn't be possible as of March 2017.So immediately you are lyingAnd it looks like 31 people were dumb enough to fall for it.Secondly, mes isn't the most common profession I have seen.

@witcher.3197 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:
Finished popcorn

This has got to be the worst reasoning i have seen in my life.

Do you know what people tend to do in competitive gamemodes? Try to
win
. Why on earth would you not go for the best option? Sure, you can be a gentlemen and go straight to bronze 1 by your own choice, but there's no real logic behind that.

No sane person would ever expect the playerbase to ignore what's best. Who balances the game? Anet. Whose fault is it if something is OP? Anet. That simple.

Whilst I understand your reasoning, yours also isnt that great.

Yes ppl want to win, however there are many builds that can achieve it. Ppl flock to the most cheesiest or unbalanced because they dont wanna actually try. That is a player issue.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Players voted against character locking in PvP. So basically we can only blame ourselves, not anet about how trash PvP is because of profession stacking.

Since when do they ever listen or take advice from players? That is, unless it's 5-6 months later. Balance shouldn't take this long, imo. Other companies roll out regular balance patches that shift the meta or freshen things up for players to adapt to. I don't feel like their designers are up to par of their gw1 devs. That's just me though. Maybe they're newbies.

Anet also provides regular balance patches.
What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

kitten, but also quality > quantity even if they were balancing constantly (see BDO for example).

Breaking something and not balancing for 4-5 months is not regular balance patching.

Wasn't even a top 250 last season. Let that sink in.

Sorry, stop white knighting the pvp decisions from this company.

I'm not judging whether their patches are good or bad. If you read again, which you should be able to do considering it's PEGI 12 game, I took my time to educate a fellow player that they do indeed release regular balance patches. Whether you think they should happen more often is a different story.

Quality of those patches though? That's my point, quantity means nothing if quality is trash ... Each progressive season has died more and more, this is the worst it's been.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Players voted against character locking in PvP. So basically we can only blame ourselves, not anet about how trash PvP is because of profession stacking.

Because it's a shit solution. You don't have to lock people's characters, just write some code that prevents people from loading back in as, for example, a Guard if their team already has 1 Guard. They don't need to lock us into one character, just temporarily lock us out of classes when we already have that class present on our team.

Imagine this: You're at the loading screen, and try to log into a Necromancer when your team already has a Necromancer. A message pops up saying "Your team has reached the maximum allowed number of this profession, please choose another character." Simple as that. I can still change toons, just can't duplicate classes. If the matchmaker creates teams of 5 unique professions, then I still have 4 choices. I don't think the code would be all that hard to write.

Archived