Ty for the 4 Mesmer per game PvP meta... it is highly enjoyable.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Players voted against character locking in PvP. So basically we can only blame ourselves, not anet about how trash PvP is because of profession stacking.

Since when do they ever listen or take advice from players? That is, unless it's 5-6 months later. Balance shouldn't take this long, imo. Other companies roll out regular balance patches that shift the meta or freshen things up for players to adapt to. I don't feel like their designers are up to par of their gw1 devs. That's just me though. Maybe they're newbies.

Anet also provides regular balance patches.
What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

Bullshit, but also quality > quantity even if they were balancing constantly (see BDO for example).

Breaking something and not balancing for 4-5 months is not regular balance patching.

Wasn't even a top 250 last season. Let that sink in.

Sorry, stop white knighting the pvp decisions from this company.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Players voted against character locking in PvP. So basically we can only blame ourselves, not anet about how trash PvP is because of profession stacking.

Since when do they ever listen or take advice from players? That is, unless it's 5-6 months later. Balance shouldn't take this long, imo. Other companies roll out regular balance patches that shift the meta or freshen things up for players to adapt to. I don't feel like their designers are up to par of their gw1 devs. That's just me though. Maybe they're newbies.

Anet also provides regular balance patches.
What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

kitten, but also quality > quantity even if they were balancing constantly (see BDO for example).

Breaking something and not balancing for 4-5 months is not regular balance patching.

Wasn't even a top 250 last season. Let that sink in.

Sorry, stop white knighting the pvp decisions from this company.

I'm not judging whether their patches are good or bad. If you read again, which you should be able to do considering it's PEGI 12 game, I took my time to educate a fellow player that they do indeed release regular balance patches. Whether you think they should happen more often is a different story.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Anet also provides regular balance patches. What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

I personally do not feel like 5 months is regular.

If it happens around 5 months every time, it is regular. If it was once a year, it would be regular. If it was once every 5 years, it would be regular.

What world do you live in that 5 months is at all a regular cycle for updates to balance in a game? There are much bigger games that do way more regular balance patches. I mean

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pchttps://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patchhttp://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches (These aren't just balance patches either)

WoW and LoL have way more to consider in balance than GW2. OW you could argue has more as well as they not only have to balance heroes, but also maps if choke points become too heavy.

I'm waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end, after that I'll be happy to vote yes to more projects to work on. Till then, every poll that comes out with options such as class specific MMR is going to get a fat no from me.

It's a trust thing, I don't want Class specific MMR to be released, fail and be left alone like duo queue trial was.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Players are waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end before trusting Anet to handle the next thing such as class specific mmr and to be frank, I'm happy I voted against it otherwise just like the trial of duo queue, it would be left half done and not completed properly.

What isn't left half done in this game?

Whether they like it or not, I think they've made it their own Motto to never finish, drop support for, or completely give up on ideas.

@AegisFLCL.7623 said:

Players are waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end before trusting Anet to handle the next thing such as class specific mmr and to be frank, I'm happy I voted against it otherwise just like the trial of duo queue, it would be left half done and not completed properly.

Whether they like it or not, I think they've made it their own Motto to never finish, drop support for, or completely give up on ideas.

Pretty much yea...

I love the idea of class specific MMR but after the the fails of the year of ascension, multiple WvW overhauls and the trial of duo queue, I just don't trust Anet to fully deliver anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game and respect the devs for the game they made, but too much bad PR has left a salty taste in my mouth.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Pretty much yea...

I love the idea of class specific MMR but after the the fails of the year of ascension, multiple WvW overhauls and the trial of duo queue, I just don't trust Anet to fully deliver anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game and respect the devs for the game they made, but too much bad PR has left a salty taste in my mouth.

Couldn't agree more!

@omgdracula.6345 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Anet also provides regular balance patches. What you try to complain about is that you think they should do this more often. GW1 is funny example because this game was balance mess. Too many skills and with Factions even some could be duplicated on the skillbar, something unimaginable in a serious competitive game.

I personally do not feel like 5 months is regular.

If it happens around 5 months every time, it is regular. If it was once a year, it would be regular. If it was once every 5 years, it would be regular.

What world do you live in that 5 months is at all a regular cycle for updates to balance in a game? There are much bigger games that do way more regular balance patches. I mean

(These aren't just balance patches either)

WoW and LoL have way more to consider in balance than GW2. OW you could argue has more as well as they not only have to balance heroes, but also maps if choke points become too heavy.

I see you reposted with less personal vibe this time :)

As I said before, the question if current release schedule is enough is a matter of your personal opinion. The fact is, however, that Anet balance patches are regular. They happen in similar time periods. If they would be once a year or once every 5 years, they still would be regular.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I'm waiting on the trial of duo queue to come to an end, after that I'll be happy to vote yes to more projects to work on. Till then, every poll that comes out with options such as class specific MMR is going to get a fat no from me.

It's a trust thing, I don't want Class specific MMR to be released, fail and be left alone like duo queue trial was.

Well then, I hope you don't complain about 4 mesmer/scourges matches.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

What does balance have to do with class specific MMR?

I think preventing profession stacking would improve match quality.It would be possible to allow not more than one active profession per team even without character lock. It just requires more effort to implement if you not lock characters pre match.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

If profession stacking wasn't allowed balance would be easier to achieve.

@Marxx.5021 said:

I think preventing profession stacking would improve match quality.It would be possible to allow not more than one active profession per team even without character lock. It just requires more effort to implement if you not lock characters pre match.

If you don't character lock people would swap just like they do today.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So now this is about profession stacking?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That's what my comments are about. You derailed into MMR.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That's what my comments are about. You derailed into MMR.

So because I replied to your comment with something specific as an example as to why I won't vote yes to further polls you desire, it means derailment?

I'll reword my OP to make it easier to understand if that's the issue here.."It's a trust thing, I don't want [insert new half baked idea here] to be released, fail and be left alone like duo queue trial was."

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

If somebody tries to switch character pre match to a proffesion already in team the same could happen that happens now when switching character after match has started. It would also be easy to not allow queuing together with same profession. It will be still possible to change to a proffesion not in team pre match but proffesion stacking would be gone. It is just a question of doing those modifications to the current system.

@Marxx.5021 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

If somebody tries to switch character pre match to a proffesion already in team the same could happen that happens now when switching character after match has started. It would also be easy to not allow queuing together with same profession. It will be still possible to change to a proffesion not in team pre match but proffesion stacking would be gone. It is just a question of doing those modifications to the current system.

Character lock should occur when entering queue

Remember the bad ol' days of esports and class stacking was taken out of the equation? Someone here will remember the stunt pulled of a team going in all on one class to prove the point of how bad it was for matchups. And yeah, still waiting for that to flow through to ranked.

Quad mes is pretty bad comp unless 2 chrono and 2 mirage, I know people got salty about non elites on their team, but in a meta where a few cores perform fine I think it's healthier to display what is being run.

Double mes + double rev is much more viable and much more difficult to contend with than 4 mes imo.

I agree that there NEEDS to be restriction, at least down to an elite spec/core level. (so you can have 1 of each elite, and 1 core)Really I don't care how strong something is so long as there is 1 of that build and only 1 to deal with.

@Loki.1763 said:Remember the bad ol' days of esports and class stacking was taken out of the equation? Someone here will remember the stunt pulled of a team going in all on one class to prove the point of how bad it was for matchups. And yeah, still waiting for that to flow through to ranked.

Like when 5 Celestial ele randoms beat abjured?

Archived