Winterberries - Sell

Winterberries are the only living story 'material' that have no vendor price. Could we get one, doesn't have to be too high.. plenty of no-expansion accounts farm these in home instances and can't make use of them (except upgrade... but unless HoT becomes free, that's unlikely)

@anonymous.7812 said:Winterberries are the only living story 'material' that have no vendor price. Could we get one, doesn't have to be too high.. plenty of no-expansion accounts farm these in home instances and can't make use of them (except upgrade... but unless HoT becomes free, that's unlikely)

Consume them for magic, then purchase bundles of materials from the vendor with it. Sell the results. It is marginally indirect for turning them into gold, but .... oh. You want this for people who don't own the expansion.

I have relatively little sympathy for this problem. Turn them into unbound magic, stored in your wallet, and look forward to the day you do have access to a vendor to use that at.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@anonymous.7812 said:Winterberries are the only living story 'material' that have no vendor price. Could we get one, doesn't have to be too high.. plenty of no-expansion accounts farm these in home instances and can't make use of them (except upgrade... but unless HoT becomes free, that's unlikely)

Consume them for magic, then purchase bundles of materials from the vendor with it. Sell the results. It is marginally indirect for turning them into gold, but .... oh. You want this for people who don't own the expansion.

I have relatively little sympathy for this problem. Turn them into unbound magic, stored in your wallet, and look forward to the day you do have access to a vendor to use that at.

Ummm... no.

I am already inundated with magic find and I am maxed out.

They are very easy to farm, and dont have the same account wide daily restrictions as the other living story nodes. This is likely intentional to make it easier to acquire the ascended trinkets, so the tradeoff is that they cant be sold to a merchant.

Let me see if I could zero in on this issue. This is for people who farm other people's home instance, who don't own HoT at all. They've bought neither the expansion, nor the node (because you can't access the zone to buy the node if you don't own HoT). Anet should add a price for that group of people to sell the winterberries.

Either don't gather them, or delete the excess. That's your solution. There's no reason for Anet to put a price on it. It wasn't meant to be loot for people who don't own HoT in the first place.

@atheria.2837 said:

Ummm... no.

Unbound magic isn't magic find. It's a currency and it's not possible to max out on it.

@atheria.2837 said:

Ummm... no.

Winterberries don't award Magic Find, but Unbound Magic; you can't max that out, it's a Wallet material.

Good luck.

@Vayne.8563 said:Let me see if I could zero in on this issue. This is for people who farm other people's home instance, who don't own HoT at all. They've bought neither the expansion, nor the node (because you can't access the zone to buy the node if you don't own HoT). Anet should add a price for that group of people to sell the winterberries.

Either don't gather them, or delete the excess. That's your solution. There's no reason for Anet to put a price on it. It wasn't meant to be loot for people who don't own HoT in the first place.

Again. There's a value on the other living story items. Just asking for a reduced (significantly, if need be) vendor price. The home instance was always meant to be shared with friends. Every. Single. Other. Node has some value to all players to harvest from, if they CAN harvest it (IE, chests require keys so they can't be harvested period).

Unfortunately, people without HoT/LW3 cannot collect Unbound Magic (UBM) When you buy the UBM gathering tools, you actually get a UBM collector unlock for the account. So for the OP, consuming is not an option and if he or she is above 250 in storage then, they are stacking in their bank and relatively useless. Personally, I would just unlock LW3 as it is the best way to get the Ascended trinkets but ... I also understand, some ppl don't want to or simply cannot unlock it due to financial constraints.Your only other option @anonymous.7812 would be click drag delete.

@anonymous.7812 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Let me see if I could zero in on this issue. This is for people who farm other people's home instance, who don't own HoT at all. They've bought neither the expansion, nor the node (because you can't access the zone to buy the node if you don't own HoT). Anet should add a price for that group of people to sell the winterberries.

Again. There's a value on the other living story items. Just asking for a reduced (significantly, if need be) vendor price. The home instance was always meant to be shared with friends. Every. Single. Other. Node has some value to all players to harvest from, if they CAN harvest it (IE, chests require keys so they can't be harvested period).

Every single other item can't be gathered on multiple characters. They have an account limit. Winterberries are different than other currencies for people who actually have that zone. And because they are different they need to be treated differently. That is the number of people who farm Bitterfrost is probably greater than the number of people who farm someone else's home instance who don't own HoT.

Archived