WvW Fights - 4k60FPS - Commander Slade

Inoo Sleik.3527

@MUDse.7623 That is a valid point which boils down to this game's serious core limitations and ancient game engine.. which is an absolute shame. This is with a 5820k, 64gb ram, SLI 970s, with the game loaded on an SSD. I'd rather not lag than have everything shiny. Perhaps you're interested in lipstick on a pig. You do you, boo. I'm here for the kills.

@LetoII.3782 hey leto darling!

@Inoo Sleik.3527 said:@MUDse.7623 That is a valid point which boils down to this game's serious core limitations and ancient game engine.. which is an absolute shame. This is with a 5820k, 64gb ram, SLI 970s, with the game loaded on an SSD. I'd rather not lag than have everything shiny. Perhaps you're interested in lipstick on a pig. You do you, boo. I'm here for the kills.

@LetoII.3782 hey leto darling!

id say he said that because you highlighted those 4k and 60 frames, when they rly dont matter when the graphics are kitten anyways...and like you said, its about the fights and kills, not the looksi myself play almost all on high settings with 20fps in full blob fights (which is still enough for me) because playing all this time on low settings is just boring, and its fashion wars 2 afterall

4k60FPS is a commonplace designation of video rendering quality. It is a tier that youtube takes, which, in order to look good, requires a constant 80-85Mbps bitrate. Everyone knows it is not possible to achieve gameplay performance at ultra in zerg combat in GW2 at 4k and never dropping below 60FPS.

@RedShark.9548, reiterating @MUDse.7623 strawman doesn't bolster his point.

It absolutely does matter because it tells people about the fidelity of the render output. Clarity in these hectic zerg v zerg situations is an absolute must and if a viewer wants to slow the video down for further play-by-play analysis they are able to that with ease. [TW] is a competitive guild so those who have the ability to record are more than encouraged to do so. The footage is then critiqued by officers to see how to improve and adapt to the meta.

@Inoo Sleik.3527 said:4k60FPS is a commonplace designation of video rendering quality. It is a tier that youtube takes, which, in order to look good, requires a constant 80-85Mbps bitrate. Everyone knows it is not possible to achieve gameplay performance at ultra in zerg combat in GW2 at 4k and never dropping below 60FPS.

It absolutely does matter because it tells people about the fidelity of the render output. Clarity in these hectic zerg v zerg situations is an absolute must and if a viewer wants to slow the video down for further play-by-play analysis they are able to that with ease. [TW] is a competitive guild so those who have the ability to record are more than encouraged to do so. The footage is then critiqued by officers to see how to improve and adapt to the meta.

we do that too, but its still doable with 20frames a second

@Inoo Sleik.3527 said:4k60FPS is a commonplace designation of video rendering quality. It is a tier that youtube takes, which, in order to look good, requires a constant 80-85Mbps bitrate. Everyone knows it is not possible to achieve gameplay performance at ultra in zerg combat in GW2 at 4k and never dropping below 60FPS.

while your video might not lag and have good resolution, you still dont even see half of the game because you only see positioning and AoE effects you wont see as good were wich proffessions are and what they are casting, you just see the AoE result. i neither need 4k nor constant 60fps to see whats going on, but if i dont see what my opponent is doing..that can get me killed quickly. but maybe thats just because i play thief that i need to know what my opponents are doing when fighting them

I run an 8700k with a 1080ti at 1080 on a high speed monitor and STILL cannot run the game with high performance options without video lag. I understand the complexities of having that much information to process on a network. However, I do not understand why the game seemingly runs single threaded with the graphics tied into the same network processing loop.

Archived