Best way to look for a group?

I'm planning on getting the Griffon at some point. But I also need to be making more gold regularly as I go along.

I've noticed the guide I'm following says I need to do a bounty, Corrupted Facet. When reading up about this bounty it seems to not come along so often, and when it does it appears to need a large group of players to take it down.

I've been reading about bounty trains, which I assume is like we used to call the zerg train a few years ago, that will go through events taking them down and getting the rewards.

So I was wondering does anyone have any pointers to finding the train, or even a website for the timing of the events? I remember there used to be a website around for other maps but not sure how that works in path of fire.

I've ticked the LFG channel in chat but nobody seems to be talking on it. Or is LFG a menu option somewhere?

Any help appreciated my fellow travellers.

We have the in game LFG ( press 'Y' - same window the friends list is in, but diferent tab), you can search in the Crystal Desert there, sometimes people run that bounty.

There are probably bounty running guilds as well, but i dont know/remember any. Maybe someone else can help with that.

You can always ask in map chat if people are looking for that specific bounty, maybe they will join you.

Heh, that's weird, there is a LFG channel in chat. I've never seen that before and I can't work out how to type in it.

The best way to find a group for this, or any other event is to ask in Map chat if anyone is doing it or is willing to help, ask your guild/s if they can help and use the Looking For Group tool in the Contacts menu. Make sure you pick the right category (in this case Open World > Crystal Oasis) and if you don't see a group make your own.

@"Bowdon.1948" said:

I've ticked the LFG channel in chat but nobody seems to be talking on it. Or is LFG a menu option somewhere?

The LFG channel is deserted. All group finding happens over the looking for group menu (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group). Keep an eye on the tab OPEN WORLD, CRYSTAL OASIS. During prime time you should occasionally see bounty trains or even specific Corrupted Facet groups forming.

Make sure to be on the same map as the train you joined. Right click on one of the other group members and "join in instance xyz" if you are on a different map. Ideally using the commander for this command (good commanders will have dragged themselves into group 2 of the squad to be more easily recognizable).

the LFG channel isn't a chat channel - much like game messages, combat and such it is a channel the game uses to give you feedback but not one you can talk in...and that feedback..is from the lfg tool-

when you enter a squad on lfg you'll see somehting like"...has started looking for group under insert sector here" yadda yadda kinda stuff as soon as you enter. that's what the lfg channel is for.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Make sure to be on the same map as the train you joined. Right click on one of the other group members and "join in instance xyz" if you are on a different map. Ideally using the commander for this command (good commanders will have dragged themselves into group 2 of the squad to be more easily recognizable).

Minor but important clarification: In this case map means copies of the same map. Unlike in some games the LFG tool won't teleport you to Crystal Oasis from elsewhere in the world when you join a group, you have to get there yourself. But also unlike other games GW2 servers can create as many copies of each map as they need, so you might end up on a different copy to the rest of your group. That's when you use the joining option to get into the right one.

Archived