Official forum VS Reddit

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It just seems that people have very high and unreasonable expectations that Anet must respond to almost everything.

Of course not.

But when players report issues like login troubles, it should be the basic thing to do to reply here too about it, not only on Reddit. If someone from Anet can take 2 minutes of his/her time to post that info on Reddit, he/she can spend two minutes to post it here too.

Unless the person does not have a forum account. My post was also on a more broader scale and not specifically with the outage situation.

@Tasida.4085 said:Who cares where ya get the news as long as you get the news. I auto go to forums, NA was down and it's up now.....MOVE ON. No need to post threads about which and why.........seriously bored eh? Can we get the down vote option back for all the errant polls lately by chance?

Not everyone uses reddit, or knows that the devs use reddit. I would love that downvote for useless smartass posts as well.

@Etheri.5406 said:I disagree. There are more users on reddit.

A lot of communities and subgroups are alienated from these forums. The forums are a nice place for PR but they're heavily moderated and sparsely used by players.It's no suprise reddit has vastly more players, interaction and communication. If players rather use reddit than the official forums, it's not unreasonable that anet occasionally does too. After all, anet is a company specializing in video games - not social / online media.

If they're replying to issues or posting important information; it should be on both so (as many as possible) players are informed. And most players are not here; but on reddit.

Are there really? The actively posting redditors are only a very minor part of the guildwars 2 players. Its always the same group of mostly hardcore players complaining about something and demanding something. Its certainly not representative for the majority of casual players, who never come near reddit.

@particlepinata.9865 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:I disagree. There are more users on reddit.

A lot of communities and subgroups are alienated from these forums. The forums are a nice place for PR but they're heavily moderated and sparsely used by players.It's no suprise reddit has vastly more players, interaction and communication. If players rather use reddit than the official forums, it's not unreasonable that anet occasionally does too. After all, anet is a company specializing in video games - not social / online media.

If they're replying to issues or posting important information; it should be on both so (as many as possible) players are informed. And most players are not here; but on reddit.

Are there really? The actively posting redditors are only a very minor part of the guildwars 2 players. Its always the same group of mostly hardcore players complaining about something and demanding something. Its certainly not representative for the majority of casual players, who never come near reddit.

I'd say these forums are even smaller representation of gw2 customers.

@"Dreadshow.9320" said:I don't use Reddit so it would be nice to see that issues like login issues are being addressed. It looks like they don't care if there is login issues. If they prefer the Reddit format and only post there they should just shut down the official forums like BioWare did for Mass effect.

Or they should've created their official forum in a similar format in the first place if they prefer the reddit format so much...I don't get how it's even okay to post "official" statements on a third party website... But apparently it is, sadly I've missed a lot of information in the past (and most likely future) because I don't use nor like reddit

Archived