BUG: Zephyrite Curio Box from Festival of the Four Winds PVP track

The Zephirite Curio Box [rare] you get from the final reward of the Festival of the Four Winds PVP track shows the same name and drop distribution as the Zephytite Supply Box [masterwork] when you check the preview insted of the one ot should have (wich you can see if you chose as a reward for the Four Winds Gale achievement. That one seems ok).I know it's not only a preview issue since some guildmates complained they got quartz from it when it shouldn't drop that.

Edit:Here are the preview contents of the one you get with the Four Winds Gale achievement every 5 days:7lAQzob.jpgAnd here are the preview contets of the one you get in the pvp track:SnJNzOl.jpg

@"Dmon.2089" said:The Zephirite Curio Box [rare] you get from the final reward of the Festival of the Four Winds PVP track shows the same name and drop distribution as the Zephytite Supply Box [masterwork] when you check the preview insted of the one ot should have (wich you can see if you chose as a reward for the Four Winds Gale achievement. That one seems ok).I know it's not only a preview issue since some guildmates complained they got quartz from it when it shouldn't drop that.

Edit:Here are the preview contents of the one you get with the Four Winds Gale achievement every 5 days:7lAQzob.jpgAnd here are the preview contets of the one you get in the pvp track:SnJNzOl.jpg

You might consider contacting the CS Team and ask if you can get the correct item as a replacement.

Good luck.

Apparently there are 2 types of Zephyrite Supply Boxes:

• Zephyrite Curio Box: the one from the PvP track, with the Desert Rose skin as Uncommon reward. (it might be yellow, but it's not rare)
  • Zephyrite Curio Box (rare): from the Blessing of the 4 winds achiev, with the Desert Rose skin as Common.

I guess it's intended to avoid to farm it over and over with the PvP track. But I also didn't notice it until your post. A slight different name for the box would have been better.

ANet has a habit of introducing identically-named and icon-ed containers with different content. Or even identical contents, with different drop rates. So it is with the Curio Boxes. The one from the PvP track looks the same, is named the same, but is not the same as the one from the PvE 4-days-of-dailies. And we'll probably never have enough data to see whether there are important difference between the net drops of the supply boxes versus the curio boxes (pvp) versus the curio boxes (dailies).

Further, people seem to be assuming something that can easily be shown to be untrue: the drop rates for things in the same drop-rate-category aren't identical. In some containers (for which we have enough data), things in e.g. "uncommon" can drop at a higher average frequency than something in "common" does. Common|Uncommon|Rare|Super Rare are just relative terms that don't mean much in predicting results.

The general lesson is: don't assume anything about any of the containers in this game (or any other for that matter). Wait for the data.

It says "Zephyrite Supply Box" in the preview which leads me to believe it's flagged as having the same contents of the Master-rarity item. I believe this is bugged as well, as the final reward should either be several (10-20) of the Master-rarity item or an equivalent rare-rarity as the PvE alternative. Furthermore it's exactly the same in the WvW track.

Please consider patching this Arenanet.

Archived