k/d ratio. any other ratio we can replace this with?

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad or Guild based K/D charts. Charts broken down into 6-8 hr time zone intervals if possible. So you can see performance over specific raid times relevant to other groups in that similar time block. Won't be perfect, but at least we will get an idea of the tags/commanders that dominate over respective time frame. List the server/alliance too. So we can determine if the "fight guilds" or just a bunch of nut hug stackers. K/D data aggregated over the course of a matchup for that squad/commander.

@Shining One.1635 said:Some players/groups avoid uncertain fights because they don't want to negatively affect KDR. This is a negative result of the KDR statistic. What are the positive results of the KDR statistic?

mmm positive side of it is you see how many kills your server is making.

and it boosts your morale if it is positive giving the idea, in your timezone, your team is not bad in fights.

negative is, for example. you try to take a structure and fight there for over an hour killing defenders but the effect in kd does not budge if elsewhere enemies are killing your team.

i admit i watch it and try my best to raise our own kills, and ignoring the deaths.

@"shiri.4257" said:Squad or Guild based K/D charts. Charts broken down into 6-8 hr time zone intervals if possible. So you can see performance over specific raid times relevant to other groups in that similar time block. Won't be perfect, but at least we will get an idea of the tags/commanders that dominate over respective time frame. List the server/alliance too. So we can determine if the "fight guilds" or just a bunch of nut hug stackers. K/D data aggregated over the course of a matchup for that squad/commander.

currently kd is recorded per 2 hours. having a timezone percentage would be awesome.

segragating it per guild is nice.

@Shining One.1635 said:Some players/groups avoid uncertain fights because they don't want to negatively affect KDR. This is a negative result of the KDR statistic. What are the positive results of the KDR statistic?

Is this really a thing? Only time I check KDR is when my server comes in 2nd/3rd for the week, I want to see if we got a wacked by fighting or PPT'd to death. And even then I couldn't care less either way. A fight is a fight.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I really don't think your server players are checking the KDR for your server and making a decision to play.

More likely, when it's high, your server is rolling and people flock to that.

When it's low, you are getting rolled which hits morale hard.

Now that isn't to say some servers are more aware. But I doubt the bulk of PUGs reference it as a decision maker to join or not sounds far more anecdotal and more a response to the relative success they see in the map.

but this was never a thing pre k/d. well kind of in the sense of fairweather call out but, we had lots of keep contesters, etc. etc.

Hell yeah it was... Again baseless or rather biased assumptions

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

I really don't think your server players are checking the KDR for your server and making a decision to play.

Now that isn't to say some servers are more aware. But I doubt the bulk of PUGs reference it as a decision maker to join or not sounds far more anecdotal and more a response to the relative success they see in the map.

but this was never a thing pre k/d. well kind of in the sense of fairweather call out but, we had lots of keep contesters, etc. etc.

well, we didnt encounter mag when we were ticking around 1.9 today. unless we really push the keep or ow.

but when we had .7kd, mag and yb pushed us.

but when yb had com, was nice, they rallied nos. and fought.

but i guess this time around mag didnt have a. com.

i dont assume, its just.the data.

enemieslow kd, no enemies unless enemy has a stubborn com

high kd, enemies come regardless of commander

narrowed it down to these.

it is very consistent. but maybe next matchup will show something else.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

well, we didnt encounter mag when we were ticking around 1.9 today. unless we really push the keep or ow.

Guild/Squad states shouldn't just be a KDR. Has to have a time factor too.1) Kills/time- can be generated from fights or siege2) Deaths/time3) KDR/time

Just cause you can get a 1.9 kdr. Does it really matter if you only generated 100 kills? Lots of squads boast top kdr. but run from fights to preserve it. So it's about having some metrics and properly interpreting it. Do you think a squad that generates a 2.2 kdr with only 100 kills is more relevant than a 1.2 kdr that generates 1000 kills a skirmish?

You can even add stuff like:4) Tower caps/defense5) keep caps/defense6) camp caps

@shiri.4257 said:

Guild/Squad states shouldn't just be a KDR. Has to have a time factor too.1) Kills/time- can be generated from fights or siege2) Deaths/time3) KDR/time

Just cause you can get a 1.9 kdr. Does it really matter if you only generated 100 kills? Lots of squads boast top kdr. but run from fights to preserve it. So it's about having some metrics and properly interpreting it. Do you think a squad that generates a 2.2 kdr with only 100 kills is more relevant than a 1.2 kdr that generates 1000 kills a skirmish?

You can even add stuff like:4) Tower caps/defense5) keep caps/defense6) camp caps

hhee no we generated around 290 plus

total around 600 only, since we just run around 4 hours. (i am off game so it may actually be lower, will edit when i get back from my rounds)

yes you are right some squads do run from fights. and i think its because of the basis of kd and if they have a stubborn com or no com and players.

yb for example has .6kd but they came to fight again and again, they killed my team too and we came back to play. (they had a stubborn com and i am stubborn too)

but yes, your 1 to 6 is nice.

Archived