One-Shot Mesmer Macro Needs To Be Removed

Noe.8032

on 23.06.15 they buffed gs burst mesmer crazy with dom line and shatter changesread yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23#Domination

introduced on 08.08.17Superiority Complex: This trait replaces Harmonious Mantras and increasescritical-hit damage by 15%. This bonus is further increased to 25% againstfoes below 50% health or foes who become disabled by stun, daze, taunt,fear, knockdown, etc.

if u got other questions to your profession im happy to provide them. not doin humor here.

@"shinta.8906" said:on 23.06.15 they buffed gs burst mesmer crazy with dom line and shatter changesread yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-06-23#Domination

introduced on 08.08.17Superiority Complex: This trait replaces Harmonious Mantras and increasescritical-hit damage by 15%. This bonus is further increased to 25% againstfoes below 50% health or foes who become disabled by stun, daze, taunt,fear, knockdown, etc.

if u got other questions to your profession im happy to provide them. not doin humor here.

Oh you mean the specialization update that threw things out of whack for every single class and basically isn't relevant anymore? Superiority Complex only affects critical hits, which is less than the 15% damage buff Harmonious Mantras gave. Give it up. This build, this same exact combo has existed since Vanilla, the only people who can't play against it at this point either have no situational awareness or are unable to count to 3.

yeah all this time i talked about those two profession updates "that threw things out of whack". and both times gs mesmer profited of it. i called it "buffed". sorry if it made things unclear for you.

its ok if u ignore the 30% shatter reduction and imagined burdens might gain back than ;)

@"shinta.8906" said:yeah all this time i talked about those two profession updates "that threw things out of whack". and both times gs mesmer profited of it. i called it "buffed". sorry if it made things unclear for you.

its ok if u ignore the 30% shatter reduction and imagined burdens might gain back than ;)

Imagined Burdens might gain procced only off of spatial surge, if you sat there and let the Mesmer stack might from that I'm not surprised you're still complaining about Power Shatter.

@Aisling.5901 said:

And it's F2P, literally anybody can make this build and become unkillable 1v1, but because it's so niche it hasn't infected the community fully yet it's just used by a select few scum. But when they do show up, the only team that gets to play the game is the one that has them.

@shinta.8906 said:

@Solori.6025 said:.....when did core mes become a problem?( cause OP said F2P)

Deja Vu. . . what year is this?

gs mesmer got buffed right before HoT and later right before PoF. unnecessary buffs if u ask me.

And has also seen very recent nerfs.

And this is a core mesmer. Thief of any kind still basically counters it. So do a plethora of other classes already mentioned.

Also this.

@bluri.2653 said:i mean this is only a problem if you are legit playing with your feet

this is not only core mesmer. this is dom and duel line and therefore also mirage. damage was at no point the problem of gs mesmer they only shot it into oblivion over time and it was at both times uncalled for and very surprising that they did it.

Or...OOORRRR....

you could read the OP...Because it clearly states F2P.Which clearly means BASE mesmer.Which is what we are discussing....

which part of dom line and duel line is not related to core in your opinion?

oh wait.. u evaded that right?

I honestly don't understand what you are going on about.And it's clear you didn't take the time to even read the thread or the OP.

This is a discussion about the OP macro ( LOL) of Core mesmer, and how apparently it's too strong to deal with ( again LOL).This isn't a mirage discussion, I don't know how clearer that needs to be stated. Do you need the OP translated to a different language so you could at least comprehend the discussion at hand?Core mesmer for power uses dom, and dueling. The burst setup is basically similair to that of a mirage, with almost twice the drawback if it fails ( no ambush, no mirage cloak for cover and baits, no EM especially)But getting into Dom and Dueling, Both trait lines have also seen nerfs.Yea somehow you seemed to have missed that too.

Comprehend the discussion before going off topic please.

well op didnt talked until the last part about f2p. IN FACT he talked about not knowing the build. just that it does xx amount of dmg in 0.xx amount of time. and thats some stuff not only core does but also chrono and mirage and i explained why.i know its convinient to make it a discussion about core but its not only core

Yes. The FACT that he talked about it in the body of the OP leads the discussion to F2P, which is core. Like I said..Comprehension..If you need help comprehending the discussion as it was placed then you need to look elsewhere other than the GW2 forums

And it's F2P, literally anybody can make this build and become unkillable 1v1, but because it's so niche it hasn't infected the community fully yet

It's literally what the complaint was about.Core.Try staying on topic this time.

Or better yet. Try understanding the topic at the very least.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302755896

7:31:49 for the game where OP first cries about the player, you can see him in following games on the stream do the same thing as well.

This is the player OP is talking about, was watching them last night on stream. There is no macro. OP is just a bad player.

The witch hunt against a CORE mes is laughable.

This is the build that was used, shown on stream.

http://puu.sh/BlXW4/38e09feb19.jpg

http://puu.sh/BlXX0/a9654b2c90.jpg

If you would like to show how "easy" it is to produce the desired effect of the burst pls do so, taking advantage of players who are unaware of their surroundings is a perfectly viable strategy for a person using an inferior build, because they dont have access to the power creep of expansions.

@Aisling.5901 said:It doesn't show up often, so I'm not going to call it a major oversight. But when it does show up, whichever team has it always wins.

I don't know what the build is, just that it uses a greatsword and the damage mantra. Literally the build just, instantly kills players. At least 20k damage in under a second, and afterwards it still retains higher DPS then anything I've ever seen and can still kill you in less then five seconds if you survive the initial burst. It's the exact same button combination everytime. I've seen it only used by three players, and every time it was unkillable and every game whichever team had it won because there is zero counter to an actual instantaneous one shot. Even if you block the initial spam, as said, it still will obliterate your health with its remaining abilities because it has so much damage.

Even if you do manage to survive and then get help to kill it, it can just instantly blink to the other side of the map; recharge its abilities then kill you. As the other Mesmer thread mentioned, Mesmers just have too much of everything at their disposal compared to other classes. I don't care so much about that as I've seen plenty of ridiculous builds I'm just here to point out this specific game breaking one that only gets used by outright griefers because it is so niche yet unstoppable without ganking it.

They just run around the map, instant killing whatever player they come across, then teleporting and stealthing away. And then their team wins, because everybody on the other team is getting one shotted by the mesmer. It's basically the thief class, but it actually kills you instantly on the first hit.

Needs to be nerfed into the ground, a build that kills people instantly should not exist period it's just straight up broken and with no actual counter. It has so much consistent damage, it out hits almost every class, it has so much mobility and stealth that it can escape almost any encounter that it cannot win.

And it's F2P, literally anybody can make this build and become unkillable 1v1, but because it's so niche it hasn't infected the community fully yet it's just used by a select few scum. But when they do show up, the only team that gets to play the game is the one that has them.

L2P:)

Problem is: instantaneous skills and the still broken stealth in this game. It boggles the mind stealth still works the way it does when several other stealth options have been trialed through story and even heart vendors. Have to say, almost all have been superior to the current goofy stealth system, and how some professions can be built to abuse the system.

@darwinslittlehelper.7182 said:Problem is: instantaneous skills and the still broken stealth in this game. It boggles the mind stealth still works the way it does when several other stealth options have been trialed through story and even heart vendors. Have to say, almost all have been superior to the current goofy stealth system, and how some professions can be built to abuse the system.

those professions would be unplayable without it.

@"Vicariuz.1605" said:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302755896

7:31:49 for the game where OP first cries about the player, you can see him in following games on the stream do the same thing as well.

This is the player OP is talking about, was watching them last night on stream. There is no macro. OP is just a bad player.

The witch hunt against a CORE mes is laughable.

This is the build that was used, shown on stream.

http://puu.sh/BlXW4/38e09feb19.jpg

http://puu.sh/BlXX0/a9654b2c90.jpg

If you would like to show how "easy" it is to produce the desired effect of the burst pls do so, taking advantage of players who are unaware of their surroundings is a perfectly viable strategy for a person using an inferior build, because they dont have access to the power creep of expansions.

at least he killed a beast...oh wait....He have nice build AED, reactive lenses ...Thats me on OP forgot to bind dodge button ? If he need help - V its default key :D

Archived