One-Shot Mesmer Macro Needs To Be Removed

Noe.8032

It doesn't show up often, so I'm not going to call it a major oversight. But when it does show up, whichever team has it always wins.

I don't know what the build is, just that it uses a greatsword and the damage mantra. Literally the build just, instantly kills players. At least 20k damage in under a second, and afterwards it still retains higher DPS then anything I've ever seen and can still kill you in less then five seconds if you survive the initial burst. It's the exact same button combination everytime. I've seen it only used by three players, and every time it was unkillable and every game whichever team had it won because there is zero counter to an actual instantaneous one shot. Even if you block the initial spam, as said, it still will obliterate your health with its remaining abilities because it has so much damage.

Even if you do manage to survive and then get help to kill it, it can just instantly blink to the other side of the map; recharge its abilities then kill you. As the other Mesmer thread mentioned, Mesmers just have too much of everything at their disposal compared to other classes. I don't care so much about that as I've seen plenty of ridiculous builds I'm just here to point out this specific game breaking one that only gets used by outright griefers because it is so niche yet unstoppable without ganking it.

They just run around the map, instant killing whatever player they come across, then teleporting and stealthing away. And then their team wins, because everybody on the other team is getting one shotted by the mesmer. It's basically the thief class, but it actually kills you instantly on the first hit.

Needs to be nerfed into the ground, a build that kills people instantly should not exist period it's just straight up broken and with no actual counter. It has so much consistent damage, it out hits almost every class, it has so much mobility and stealth that it can escape almost any encounter that it cannot win.

And it's F2P, literally anybody can make this build and become unkillable 1v1, but because it's so niche it hasn't infected the community fully yet it's just used by a select few scum. But when they do show up, the only team that gets to play the game is the one that has them.

It’s a mirage build. Not a macro even. Just hard to pull off but when you get it down you can throw it a lot easier. The thing is. Mantra of pain when charged gives 12 stacks of might and allows for the one shot to be done. That skill shouldn’t have the might increase anyways.

While this build is A or S tier, there is still coubterplay and counters to it. Core guard and firebrand counter it, as well as core thief and some soul beast builds. Holosmith has an easy time shrugging it off while necro has no way to beat it. It has its place, yes, but it’s not indomitable.

Core GS/Shatter/explosion mesmer is not a problem in most cases. Pocket a stunbreak to clear power lock stun from confounding suggestions and you'll live.Mesmer is annoying, but if the builds present a decent drawback annoying is fine.
In case you haven't noticed, people like playing cheese when they can in most cases. If the build is F2P and yet you aren't seeing everyone play it, chances are it doesnt carry people as much as they need.

@geist.9173 said:

@Xarimath.4518 said:When the mesmer goes in stealth, start counting until 3, and when is about 2.5s, just press dodge and you will evade most of the damage and this will give you opportunity to survive and counterplay.

And when you don't see him stealth you die. Good mechanic.Just kill the option to do it. End of story.

Wouldn't this be catering to those with poor situational awareness?

@geist.9173 said:

@Xarimath.4518 said:When the mesmer goes in stealth, start counting until 3, and when is about 2.5s, just press dodge and you will evade most of the damage and this will give you opportunity to survive and counterplay.

And when you don't see him stealth you die. Good mechanic.Just kill the option to do it. End of story.

Setting your camera distance can prevent this issue. Is not a class that has a permanent stealth, you can actually see the mesmer coming. It's like complaining about deadeyes and not using Line of Sight at your advantage. But of course is better complaining than make an effort and learn game mechanics, that's why we got PoF.

i mean this is only a problem if you are legit playing with your feet

best one is this part:And it's F2P, literally anybody can make this build and become unkillable 1v1, but because it's so niche it hasn't infected the community fully yet it's just used by a select few scum. But when they do show up, the only team that gets to play the game is the one that has them.

im dying

@geist.9173 said:

Not only is mesmer stealth not stackable to the effect that they can be permanently invisible until they engage, most power mesmers will not use blink to engage unless they absolutely -know- they will kill you with burst, and will save it for disengage in case they whiff or get stunned. In addition to that, some linked stealth skills they employ have visual effects, like Mass Invis or The Prestige.

If you let a power mesmer sneak up on you, you p. much deserve that burst. which you can also mitigate by immediately stunbreaking and dodging.

@shinta.8906 said:

@Solori.6025 said:.....when did core mes become a problem?( cause OP said F2P)

Deja Vu. . . what year is this?

gs mesmer got buffed right before HoT and later right before PoF. unnecessary buffs if u ask me.

And has also seen very recent nerfs.

And this is a core mesmer. Thief of any kind still basically counters it. So do a plethora of other classes already mentioned.

Also this.

@bluri.2653 said:i mean this is only a problem if you are legit playing with your feet

@Solori.6025 said:

gs mesmer got buffed right before HoT and later right before PoF. unnecessary buffs if u ask me.

And this is a core mesmer. Thief of any kind still basically counters it. So do a plethora of other classes already mentioned.

Also this.

@bluri.2653 said:i mean this is only a problem if you are legit playing with your feet

this is not only core mesmer. this is dom and duel line and therefore also chrono and mirage. damage was at no point the problem of gs mesmer they only shot it into oblivion over time and it was at both times uncalled for and very surprising that they did it.

@shinta.8906 said:

Also this.

this is not only core mesmer. this is dom and duel line and therefore also mirage. damage was at no point the problem of gs mesmer they only shot it into oblivion over time and it was at both times uncalled for and very surprising that they did it.

Or...OOORRRR....

you could read the OP...Because it clearly states F2P.Which clearly means BASE mesmer.Which is what we are discussing....

@Solori.6025 said:

Also this.

this is not only core mesmer. this is dom and duel line and therefore also mirage. damage was at no point the problem of gs mesmer they only shot it into oblivion over time and it was at both times uncalled for and very surprising that they did it.

Or...OOORRRR....

you could read the OP...Because it clearly states F2P.Which clearly means BASE mesmer.Which is what we are discussing....

which part of dom line and duel line is not related to core in your opinion?

oh wait.. u evaded that right?

@shinta.8906 said:

Also this.

Or...OOORRRR....

I honestly don't understand what you are going on about.And it's clear you didn't take the time to even read the thread or the OP.

This is a discussion about the OP macro ( LOL) of Core mesmer, and how apparently it's too strong to deal with ( again LOL).This isn't a mirage discussion, I don't know how clearer that needs to be stated. Do you need the OP translated to a different language so you could at least comprehend the discussion at hand?Core mesmer for power uses dom, and dueling. The burst setup is basically similair to that of a mirage, with almost twice the drawback if it fails ( no ambush, no mirage cloak for cover and baits, no EM especially)But getting into Dom and Dueling, Both trait lines have also seen nerfs.Yea somehow you seemed to have missed that too.

Comprehend the discussion before going off topic please.

@Solori.6025 said:

Also this.

Or...OOORRRR....

I honestly don't understand what you are going on about.And it's clear you didn't take the time to even read the thread or the OP.

This is a discussion about the OP macro ( LOL) of Core mesmer, and how apparently it's too strong to deal with ( again LOL).This isn't a mirage discussion, I don't know how clearer that needs to be stated. Do you need the OP translated to a different language so you could at least comprehend the discussion at hand?Core mesmer for power uses dom, and dueling. The burst setup is basically similair to that of a mirage, with almost twice the drawback if it fails ( no ambush, no mirage cloak for cover and baits, no EM especially)But getting into Dom and Dueling, Both trait lines have also seen nerfs.Yea somehow you seemed to have missed that too.

well op didnt talked until the last part about f2p. IN FACT he talked about not knowing the build. just that it does xx amount of dmg in 0.xx amount of time. and thats some stuff not only core does but also chrono and mirage and i explained why.

i know its convinient to make it a discussion about core but its not only core

@shinta.8906 said:

Also this.

Or...OOORRRR....

well op didnt talked until the last part about f2p. IN FACT he talked about not knowing the build. just that it does xx amount of dmg in 0.xx amount of time. and thats some stuff not only core does but also chrono and mirage and i explained why.

i know its convinient to make it a discussion about core but its not only core

I'm sure it's also convenient to be angry about a build that has been repeatedly nerfed since Vanilla and that's still been just as easy to dodge since vanilla and disguise it as some pithy argument that Mesmer is too powerful, particularly on Greatsword which is literally only valued in terms of damage for this one burst combo that, again, is still easily dodged. Mind you a cursory glance at the version history for any GS skills shows they received barely any buffs. But I guess that's too much in your opinion.

it was nerfed since vanilla?

confounding suggestions was buged until recently and ignored evades. gs traits in dom line got heavily buffed right before HoT out of nowhere. same goes for superiority complex in duel line. a s tier gm trait that nobody saw coming cause everyone knew gs dmg was allright and doin fine.

dont get me wrong i dont hate the build my favourite mesmer plays it and i know how to counter it but those heavy buffs over time to power mesmer made it the 20k+ dmg in under a sec the OP talks about.

@shinta.8906 said:it was nerfed since vanilla?

confounding suggestions was buged until recently and ignored evades. gs traits in dom line got heavily buffed right before HoT out of nowhere. same goes for superiority complex in duel line. a s tier gm trait that nobody saw coming cause everyone knew gs dmg was allright and doin fine.

dont get me wrong i dont hate the build my favourite mesmer plays it and i know how to counter it but those heavy buffs over time to power mesmer made it the 20k+ dmg in under a sec the OP talks about.

Heavily buffed. So very humorous. Provide evidence to prove your claim this time.

Archived